• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Not Solved] Remere will not place monster on map

Amped RPG

Reaction score
Been working on my map this morning and all of the sudden my RME won't place monsters anywhere on map.

Things to know:
-I make a backup every time the map is edited
-I've tried reloading several map backups none of them will let me place monsters on the map
-I've tried reinstalling Remere's map editor (twice)

Help would be much obliged.

Thanks,
AmpedRPG

Last edited:
I'm glad it wasn't a catastrophic event. Problem fixed and Rep++ for both of you! I tried searching forums but I just didn't see anyone with that suggestion.. maybe it's cuz I'm so zombied out from fixing houses on RL map.. xD?

Thankyou,
Justin~

Well here's another problem if anyone's still paying attention to this thread...

I'm trying to put two new monsters names 'Dark Figure' and 'Enchanted Figureine' into my map editor. I've imported both xml files, but the enchanted figureine wouldn't show up so I had to edit '%appdata/roaming/Reme...'. After getting both monsters to successfully import the only problem being encountered is that no matter what I put for looktype in monsters.xml under 8.60 data folder or roaming folder... the monsters show up as nothing on remeres.

Help?!

Thanks,
AmpedRPG~

Make sure you add your two new monsters to monsters.xml, goto remere's and import monster/npc file and click monsters.xml, after that close your pallette and reopen it and look through for your creature. If the view is only working on the normal monsters then something is wrong with either monsters.xml or custom monster name.xml

They appear on the monsters list, the issue is they don't display a graphic when I place them on the map...

Not sure if you understood or maybe I don't understand you're response

I have the same problem with Magicthrowers, when you place them on remeres they look like garlic necklaces...

Both of the monsters I'm placing are looktyped as items one is a statue and one is a 'golden figurine'

Ok so the looktypes that are setup for the monsters (how they look) are incorrect for either the RME program it'self or for your monsters' files

I found the extensions you were referring to in my %appdata%/roaming/REM~ folder..

Pretty sure from here things can be figured out in my tiny wee little brain, thankyou!!

I'm still a bit lost as far as what needs to be updated to fix monster looktypes. I don't see looktypes listed anywhere in my Extensions files, maybe this is the problem?

~Awaiting god-like knowledge

<look typeex="7823"/>

Is there any reason this looktype wouldn't generate in RME?

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone could please help me with this issue=)?

When I try to place monsters that have a looktype of some items (golden figurine and/or obsidian statue) they do not appear with a graphic when I try to place them on Remere's map editor.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
AmpedRPG

Back