• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nyan Cat Beginner!

Nyan Cat

ForgottenL.se
Reaction score
Hello,I've been training for a while and I think Ill start mapping Please give me all the suggestions you can say about my mapping,I am currently reading tutorials :D

Lets start with some nature.

cHaGN.jpg

never ever ever ever ever ever use grey gravel on dirt (same for brown gravel on grey grounds)
make more simple nature, start with a one tree forest, using the small fir trees and the round little ones, and the big fir trees
use more of the little tufts and don't be afraid to use them

Looks good for a beginner, keep it up and you will become good :)!

Looking forward to see you improve!

Hello,I've been training for a while and I think Ill start mapping Please give me all the suggestions you can say about my mapping,I am currently reading tutorials :D

Lets start with some nature.

cHaGN.jpg

Not bad :) Keep it up.

Unfinished NPC place,When I was fixing some stuff and making less nature my rme Didn't respond and closed ;/

wEgM.jpg

The end of the train station is "In" the wall. And yes its full of tuffs u can add much but not all of this :) gj anyway

it's necessary you read tutorials about nature.
and try create a map isn't use autoborder.
practice! you will improve your skill!

quite overdetailed :) delete some grass tuffs, fix rails to not end in wall, maybe make like this:

screenshot20111272216.png

yes i know it quite sucks, i could map better but i took an arrow in a knee :)

Use the smallest tufts, the 2 smallest. From time to time use the 3rd smallest, don't use the big one. Don't use that many flowers close to each other since it's not a garden, more like some wild nature.

Looks nice for a beginner. On nature you can change a few things. The nature details are now spread with about the same length from eachother, try making nature parts with more and less details together.
Now it looks like there are placed randomly, and that doesn't look very realistic. Here is an example, hope this will help you.

Last edited:
Back