• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official NightShine Online Custom RPG Discussion

What happen to believing in dedication and all that nonsense?
That statement doesn't sound very dedicated or responsible now does it?
It sounds more like you'll put it up when you feel like it, making yourself sound very irresponsible and non-dedicated to your own project.. it's sad really.
Very sad, I wish I had the greed that everyone has so that there could be some intense motivation for me to finish my server but I don't. I have no motivation because creating a server is so time consuming and boring that I find no enjoyment out of working on it day in and day out. Yet I still seem to take the time out of my day to do so.

As you guys can see...

2vuack9.png

Much work has been done today... No but in all seriousness, I've been getting shit done. The only reason there's really going to be a beta at this point is for the people who wanted to try it out before the official release. I've tested a good majority of the server already and work the bugs out as I go.

Very sad, I wish I had the greed that everyone has so that there could be some intense motivation for me to finish my server but I don't. I have no motivation because creating a server is so time consuming and boring that I find no enjoyment out of working on it day in and day out. Yet I still seem to take the time out of my day to do so.
Seems like you spend more time watching this thread or trying to prove how right you are on other people's threads then working on your server.. Your loosing your following and by the time you get around to launching your server you might only have a handful of players that actually login.

Here is a friendly tip.. next time build your project 1st then advertise it, because most people have a short attention span and when their patience runs thin they will find better things to occupy their time then waiting for someone to get around to it.

Its a lot easier to accommodate players while the project is live then when its on hold.. if your thinking is your going to write it so you don't have to work on it again then your server will fail in the long run because no one likes stale content otherwise your just another evo.

Seems like you spend more time watching this thread or trying to prove how right you are on other people's threads then working on your server.. Your loosing your following and by the time you get around to launching your server you might only have a handful of players that actually login.

Here is a friendly tip.. next time build your project 1st then advertise it, because most people have a short attention span and when their patience runs thin they will find better things to occupy their time then waiting for someone to get around to it.

Its a lot easier to accommodate players while the project is live then when its on hold.. if your thinking is your going to write it so you don't have to work on it again then your server will fail in the long run because no one likes stale content otherwise your just another evo.
I'm not too particularly concerned with the following I've accumulated, whether their interest continues or not, I've been developing something I'd enjoy playing. Sure more players is nice, but guess what? Not my main concern. My goal is to eventually design a game that's completely different than tibia, sprites and all. Reason being because I enjoy the end product of my work. It can reduce stress and while I'm working on it I'm not thinking of anything else. With that said, If I work on this more than I feel like, I'm going to get annoyed, and then the whole Idea around doing this is pointless.

I want you to realize I've designed over 100 complex spells that you'll see on no other server. I'm not making little basic spells that take to 2 seconds to think about. Sometimes it'll take me 3-4 days to come up with one spell idea and at that point I've thought of the idea non stop that I really don't wanna do it cause I'm annoyed. Thinking of ideas for a server isn't easy when you actually think things through. I'd like to see you start a project like this and keep the motivation and determination to finish. I guarentee there will be days where you log on the server, say fuck this and log off.

Glad to see that there was actual progress happening after you got back home. Ignore what @Jotran is saying, you're doing great and just keep it up.
There's been plenty of progress, I've had people on talking over ideas. It's just I'm not going to slave over a project that was meant for fun. It's not like I'm saying hey guys, if you play ANY other server while you wait, you can't play this server. No, do what you wan't when it's done and released it's done and released.

As I'm a server developer of a quite huge project myself, I do recognize myself with what @owned is trying to say here. Its not as easy as it sounds to just 'create a server and get it online' as it takes effort and its very time consuming (if you want a good server) when you don't have a big team helping you..

I can also very well use a day or two to figure out some ideas and then I have to go through those ideas which takes time..

So give him a break! jeez

Ignore him he's just a lil butthurt kid. People are just impatient and can't say I'm not one of those people because I have been. But goodluck.. Just finish what you need to finish

I don't mind waiting at all. Take your time. I just like to know what's happening with this cause this project just looks amazing and you're doing an amazing job.

Back