• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] October Sign Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Ayleid

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
62tGx.png

Max participants

How do I sign up?
A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many
participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified.
We have decided that allowing everyone to see who the competition is might inspire participants to make better pieces.

Why should I enter?
To have fun of course, challenge yourself against other mappers here on OtLand. There is also a chance to win a donator subscription on OtLand.

How can I win the donator subscrition?
Win 3 Official OtLand Mapping Competitions (1 point per win), I will keep a record of winners and how many points they have.
When you win 3 Official OtLand Mapping Competitions, I will get in contact with Talaturen and let him know you have
3 points and would like to exchange them for your donator subscription.

Rules
(Can be changed at any time)
There is no story texts
There is no ingame texts
No .Gif images
This month, we allow the participants to send up to 3 pictures to show different areas in their map (In-game/Map Editor)
The picture must be new and not already shown somewhere
No custom sprites
Do not discuss your piece with any other participant/member
The submitted piece must correspond with the set theme
Team mapping is not allowed
If you decide to submit an ingame picture, character names must be turned off. (Ctrl + N)If you sign up and don't send your contest map, then you will be banned from the next month competition!
If you notify the contest holder before the submission date you will be acquitted (not be banned) for the next contest.
http://otland.net/f379/oomc-rules-faq-winners-suspensions-154904/

PARTICIPANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR WORK BY 15 October 2012

Check out the images below to get ideas for this month's theme, Mechanical Stuff!

CEI-coal-fired-power-plant-.jpg
112007_OIL_RIG_RED_SEA.jpg

Good luck and have fun

Last edited:
We were gonna do Halloween, but that was like way too obvious and expected, so me and Pero had a last minute chat and decided to go with this one, its a theme that you don't usually see in Tibia because it doesn't really fit in the Tibia world, but the sprites for the theme exist, and we want to see what the community can do with this odd theme, this might be the biggest challenge so far!

This is a pretty hard theme because tibia is pretty much more medieval rather than mechanicalish.
It's a challenge, not a bad theme...

This is a pretty hard theme because tibia is pretty much more medieval rather than mechanicalish.
It's a challenge, not a bad theme...
Exactly, its such a rarely explored theme due to the "age" of the Tibia world that we thought it could prove a nice challenge with an almost never seen theme

Isn't that the meaning of a challenge? xD
Almost no one explores mechanical sprites of Tibia, this is the perfect chance to do it! :D

its a hard theme no doubt, I'm sure no one will mind if some of the pieces are lower quality then usual, its a rare and unusual theme

What the hell is wrong with you Scarlet? Definitely not signing up for this one.
pero has as much to blame as me!
like i said b4, we were thinking about doing Halloween, but its such an expected theme in October and with Luffy's and poopsie's contest being similar, we didn't wanted to repeat the theme, so we had to pick a different one, nothing else came to our minds but this, so here we are

it wasn't his fault lol
like i said, Halloween is a normal theme for October, there are already 2 other contests with similar themes, so we wanted to change it up a bit, and we didn't thought of another theme at the time, so we went with this one, its no one's fault

its a challenge, yes, mainly because we never see mechanical mapping pieces, because they don't fit in Tibia, but they are there, they exist! so we thought this would be the perfect change to have a go at them
try making something before quitting, you'll surprise yourselves :)

I was just wondering, why not something like Desert Ruins or erupting volcanoes?

Because this is quite unique, why such cliché contests, why not something thats worth a challenge?

Erupting volcanoes.. That would be an awesome theme... You should think of that one for the next round xd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back