• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Old CTF 7.6...

kirrebati

Reaction score
So I was just thinking back of the old 7.6 days here on OT. It was quite active and fun those days, wasn't it?
I'm especially talking about the CTF servers, I mean - that was hella' fun!

Maybe I'm alone by thinking this, but wouldn't it be great if a CTF 7.6 server started again? Or perhaps 8.6 CTF, with the old maps, just improved.

Yea back then the CTF was so much fun. If there were a new 8.6 CTF server i would definitely try it out :p

So what are you guys waiting for (now I'm like on my knees and begging you), make a ctf serv!! :D Cmon it would be awesome, anyone please reply to this?
What do you think of having ctf brought back again? I mean it wouldn't even be that hard would it? I have the 7,6 CTF server I can also revamp the maps

I didnt see any server with that, it might be interesing, only left someone who want to work on that

There is not much work to do I think, I have a complete CTF server from 7,6 works like a charm. All I would need is someone who could host it and develop it further.
Im not looking for any status or any position on the server I just wanna play a CTF, 7,6 or 8,6 - doesnt matter!

Noone liked this? It was awesome:(

Can easily be made, but the interest level is very low. Admit it, the past is the past, indeed they were the good days.

Evan what do you mean with "the past is the past"? Capture the Flag has nothing to do with the past, except for being popular by that time.
And what's the point of OT if people wouldn't be able to play on 7.6 - the past?

If the interest of a good PvP server is high, then why would a CTF server have low interest? That doesn't make any sense, really... <[BUMP]>

Trust me, I had blackknight's CTF server up last year, no one even logged on.
It was the classical map-rotating CTF server that everyone played 4-5 years ago.

Maybe I could bring it up again as a 9.54 server or something, but don't expect it anytime soon

Evan maybe you just didn't advertise it enough? Because I had no idea that it was online, I actually know some guys that would most likely play a CTF.

EDIT: And if you ever get a CTF online... be sure to tell me! :)

Just launched one, you can play on it.

IP: malkirionsctf.servegame.com
Protocol: 7.6

Nice, I'm gonna try it out. too bad it's hosted in USA since I live in Europe.

EDIT: I lagged way too much to be able to play, sorry. And I also noticed that there were no manafluids... and the regeneration was really low.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm seeing who else I can get to host as I'm thinking the ping might improve with a friend of mine who has a better connection. Unfortunately, I'm southern U.S. here, so from Europe the distance is fairly long.

Early CTF never had manafluids when I played, not sure if that changed over time, but I never really noticed nor saw them in the ones I played. Once I get my friend to host I'll see about getting some manafluids in...regeneration rate should be fairly easy to modify... prob make it about 4x what it is now.

Malkirion

I will try to work on a CTF server. I already got a bunch of ideas and new stuff that I think OT hasn't seen yet, particularly on war servers

I will try to work on a CTF server. I already got a bunch of ideas and new stuff that I think OT hasn't seen yet, particularly on war servers

Sounds great. If you need any help with mapping then I will be glad to help you out. I consider myself a decent (after that I've been looking around in many showoff threads) yet unknown mapper, so don't hesitate to ask me for support. And goodluck mate! :)

Nice, once you do send me a msg, I'll try it out. Mine was just designed to be something casual for people to go on, if your planning on making improvements and new ot maps, I'd like to try it.

Sincerely,
Malkirion

I have made a major breakthrough, finally got the core system completed.

The core system:
  • Two teams (red vs. blue)
    • Can only attack opposing team, can't hurt your team
    • The teams will be balanced automatically
  • Bases with flags work, red can get blue, blue can get red
  • First team to reach 10 points win the round (changable)
    • After the match ends, the teams will randomly shuffle and a new game will begin on a new map
  • Rotating maps
    • If a game doesn't finish within a certain period of time, the game will reset, teams will shuffle and a new map will come

Now I can work on the other fun stuff like spells, additional PVP features, maps, some other cool stuff.

Back