• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Oldschool Custom OpenTibia RPG Project

Which client would you prefer the most

• Client 7.4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Client 7.6

• Client 7.72

• Client 8.0

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silverstone

aka Silent Reaper
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Folks of Otland
Lately, I got back into Open Tibia and started to map again.
Now I am wondering if there's anyone intrested in an oldschool OpenTibia RPG Server.

Nowadays there's only oldschool OT's with "RealTibia Map".

Currently I am only mapping for fun and in my free time, because I enjoy it a lot.
I mostly map random stuff, often inspired by others.
However I have a quite nice project in mind, but I don't think I wouldn't go as far as to map a complete map without anyone having a slightest desire for it.

I've seen Peonso hosting an oldschool Server and I liked it, but the intrest is not too big so far or is it?

Tell me what you think.

Please also make suggestion on the following topics:
  • Rates (Experience, Magic, Skill, Spawn etc.)
  • Stack Runes?
  • AOL or Blessing or both
  • Custom Client or normal
  • ExpShare
  • Your own idea...

If this is happening by any chance it will not be pay2win. There might be a chance that you can purchase small things that wouldn't give you an unfair advantage - not sure on that though...

Well I hope to get some feedback ^_^.

Cheers.

Oldschool playerbase mostly play it for the PvP aspect, my server is not directed towards it so I lose most of the players. I also sort of fucked up my launch. My content is short with high exp rate with limits the lifespam of the server. You can totally do way better, but unless you focusing on the PvP (and with that be forced to go high rate) you are really limited on the amount of players (can do way better than me still, I'm sure) but doing something as Iryont did is nearby impossible I think, (years of reputation + going from real map to custom).

Just my thoughts, I'm not sure of any of this.

Also polls are bullshit, I already made like 3 walls of text regarding this in otland but using search while in mobile sucks, so I can't link them. Your specific poll is even worse check this Creating a ot server. You need to figure out your stuff by yourself, the people that answers this sort of question here doesn't represent at all any sort of possible playerbase making the results of the poll worthing absolutely nothing.

You wanna know what most people want to play go see otservlist online counts. But that's the thing you want to do?

Also 7.6 is not really an option. 7.6 = 7.72, exactly same thing, but 7.72 client actually works, and 7.6 is totally garbage.

Those aren't my thoughts, those are facts.

Last edited:
Thanks for your inputs - helps a lot! :)
I didn't think about PvP at all, because for me it isn't the most important factor.
However I believe it's possible to create somewhat of a Pvp/RPG Server where both ends get their shares.

Okay, totally wasn't aware that 7.6 is garbage. Biggest + for me to go with 8.0 is the newers underground wall sprites. They give a lot more ways to mapping.
However it also removes a big aspect of the oldschool feeling, because the old shitty sprite walls with dirt below are what I loved oldschool servers for.

Please note that I'm not doing a poll to ask a future playerbase or anything similar. It was merely to get some personal opinions.
Not sure how you put this in relation to a playerbase that is not yet existing.

I'll probably end up mapping parts and put it into a map. Just because I like mapping.
Since feedback is not too stunning so far, I might as well release it to otland instead of ever going through the hassle of scripting and setting up a server.

We'll see.

Thanks Peonso :)

Back