• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Open mapping Rookgard

fellesh

Swe, hun, eng, fr transla
Reaction score
So deciding upon leaving OTfans.net, I come here with my project, Open mapping rookgard.
This project aims to make a beginner island for rpg server, and everyone is allowed to map ;)

Do not put viruses with your map

As I saw this project somewhere where you mapped a part of a huge map, so it became like everybody does a part : Okey, so here is the new version of this, but in Rookgard style
So now let me explain how it works : We got a rookgard map, and we want to make it the best we have ever seen, so all the mappers here are welcome.
You are allowed to change things so it fits you better, but you do not need to change the look of a whole house or anything
Remember, anyone can download the map and use it for himself at any time, so don't tell people that they have stolen this map

The latest version of the map can usually be found in the last posts.
Please leave a message before you are going to map, so that 2 people do not work at the same time :p

Attachments

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you, and also welcome your project. We've got some great mappers here and I doubt that they can keep their hands off this thing... ^^ I'll most likely take a look at the map myself later on, to see what I can contribute to it.

Regards,
Empty

hehe, thanks you for the welcoming and those really fast answers ;)
I am sorry that the map is already a little bit done, but not soo much, so you guys can keep on mapping. This map that you can download right now was made by around 25 people in 4 moths ;)

I just might add it to my mapping project, since I'm in desperate need of a new rook. The one I made really sucks.. =/

I'm gonna release it when I'm done with it, and if so, with credits directed to this thread\you of course... ^^

Why make Open Mapping when the Rook is already 1,1mb?

I have to say this, but they don't want to map.
Because, the map isn't good.

It looks good as a normal mapper even though it has unfinished parts. And the big building in the village is not going together with the rest of it.

Keep working on it!

neon, its not only mappers like you wich maps. i did my first piece ever on this map, now when i look back its as bad as hiperkarmas shit ;p so ye

Hiperkarma is a great mapper...
And he maps 10x vetter than this.

I might make a contribution.

Which tibia type/map editor is this compatible with?

yeah, you can perfectly you any mapeditor ;) And yeh, maybe the map sucks a bit, so maybe we should start everything all over again??
So the one who wants to start may make a temple :D ( and more ofc )

I got a

Could not open the file.
Unknown attribute. code: 997797

upon opening it with simones 8.4
I'll work a little on it over the next few days and upload unless someone thinks that this message might mean complications or wants a go at it.

Return

Well, I originally intended to work more on this than I have, but my own projects call.
I look forward to seeing how this map turns out, and wouldn't mind seeing what I've done changed.

Mountain unchanged.
2hrz62f.png

Newly modified mountain.
xqmmg4.png

Temple unchanged.
rbbl85.png

Newly modified temple.
1117ywo.png

and here's the torch. Peace.

edit: I'm not sure why this file's size came out smaller than the original download.
By this point I can only hope I didn't miss someone elses recent input.
Just know that when and if you copy to paste any amount of map, the
position intended for the highest northwestern-most selected piece is where the cursor should be when pasting.

Good luck and have fun.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back