• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Opening a Private Tibia Server

Tobblax

Reaction score
Hello fellow Tibians.

I have a (possibly) rather unusual question. Because of time limitations and no possibility of botting in real Tibia, I wonder if it is easy to open up my own Tibia server just for me to bot on. I think botting was the most fun at Tibia 10.3, so I would like to use the real map or something very similar of that version. I also have a pretty decent computer to run servers and clients at the same time. But I haven't opened up an open-tibia server for many years and I have little to no experience in the field. I also have no idea how to get old versions of Tibian bots.

I saw some tutorials but since I dont want it to be an open server for anyone to play are there any things to consider?

I also don't mind paying a monthly fee or a fee for someone to help me set it up, for Swedish people I can use the bank application Swish and for anyone else I can use Paypal.

Thank you for taking your time!

Cheers
Tobblax

You download any datapack you want to use, and in config you should put only 127.0.0.1 or localhost ip, this way noone will access your server. to make sure no one will log in, after you log in to your ots use command /closeserver

Hello fellow Tibians.

I have a (possibly) rather unusual question. Because of time limitations and no possibility of botting in real Tibia, I wonder if it is easy to open up my own Tibia server just for me to bot on. I think botting was the most fun at Tibia 10.3, so I would like to use the real map or something very similar of that version. I also have a pretty decent computer to run servers and clients at the same time. But I haven't opened up an open-tibia server for many years and I have little to no experience in the field. I also have no idea how to get old versions of Tibian bots.

I saw some tutorials but since I dont want it to be an open server for anyone to play are there any things to consider?

I also don't mind paying a monthly fee or a fee for someone to help me set it up, for Swedish people I can use the bank application Swish and for anyone else I can use Paypal.

Thank you for taking your time!

Cheers
Tobblax
This is for linux for a local setup
OpenTibia - Bash Script - Sets up & compiles the TFS server, RME, Otclient, Lamp, phpmyadmin on Debian based OS

And this is windows from what I can breifly see from scanning the video.
VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system

I haven't reviewed the video because I already know how to setup on both linux & windows.

In general the method for compiling (although the compiler can differ) hasn't changed for the windows setup. For windows you just need a compiler (depending on the distro VS or DevCpp) or you can use one of the nightlies, a web host emulator such as xampp or uniformserver to host the AAC & database. A RME map editor, items editor, object builder, you can also compile the otclient or hex edit the default tibia client. Plenty of tutorials in the tutorial section on how to do just about anything you want to do with an OT Server.

This is for linux for a local setup
OpenTibia - Bash Script - Sets up & compiles the TFS server, RME, Otclient, Lamp, phpmyadmin on Debian based OS

And this is windows from what I can breifly see from scanning the video.
VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system

I haven't reviewed the video because I already know how to setup on both linux & windows.

In general the method for compiling (although the compiler can differ) hasn't changed for the windows setup. For windows you just need a compiler (depending on the distro VS or DevCpp) or you can use one of the nightlies, a web host emulator such as xampp or uniformserver to host the AAC & database. A RME map editor, items editor, object builder, you can also compile the otclient or hex edit the default tibia client. Plenty of tutorials in the tutorial section on how to do just about anything you want to do with an OT Server.

Many of those acronyms doesn't mean much to me. I would probably figure it out after some trying but because of limited time I rather pay someone to help me in real-time. But thank you for your help regardless!

You do not have to pay for someone to compile a server for you, there is a complete guide at github also got the released executables.

btw what version do you want?
tfs is 10.98 -ref-

Well, Tibia 10.3 would be ideal, anything between 10.3-10.7 is good and anything after that is okay! As long as it is similar to Tibia 10.3 it is fine. I do not know the acronym "TFS". I see that it is commonly used in the forum but I haven't been able to figure it out. Seems to be for "the forgotten server" as in your reference. But what is that?

Back