• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Sprite Pack

I like It. I really love pixel art.
Maybe we can add in a list to download as OBD file directly from repository in the Object Builder in something like a free Store Window.

I like It. I really love pixel art.
Maybe we can add in a list to download as OBD file directly from repository in the Object Builder in something like a free Store Window.
I didn't really understood the idea, like having ObjectBuilder just import sprite of choice direct from the repository?

But just say how it would be good to sort in GitHub and I will create a folder in the repository with it sorted that way.

open tibia sprite pack_hole1.png

Any feedback before I try making a closed hole etc? Btw wouldn't it be cool if there was an animation for opening/closing holes?

View attachment 30981

Any feedback before I try making a closed hole etc? Btw wouldn't it be cool if there was an animation for opening/closing holes?

I would say to make the center dark/black (or even add some effect like the inside of a draw well) and add more contrast to the stones, they are too dark.

otsp.spr and otsp.dat are ready, I'm still working on the details of items.xml and items.otb, but could already test it!

AHJPhVD.png
jEqUtMT.png
YcC8Coz.png
3dP7uQL.png
AJEk78Y.png
gVKPUgd.png

Last edited:
I like the wizard concept. Brings me back to the oldschool graphic dungeon crawlers. Should we create a thread for progress and another for contributions?

Edit: Do these belong to you, @Erick Etchebeur ?

No, those are already added creatures by several artists, just edited some and created the variations for bigger contest ingame. Nothing special but its an feature that may help alot i guess. @ScorpionOT
Not an offense but my creatures are more like this one
dasdsadasdasdasdasdasdasdasdssda.gif
cmon

Btw i may have time soon to edit more things, anyone suggest something urgent?

That's just how they are supposed to be regarding perspective. Once you see them ingame it seems normal/natural.

Holes (those that you can place in any sort of ground, and maybe correspondent stone pile to open with shovel), stairs, ramps, ladders, ammunition, monters and players outfits. But anything is welcome nonetheless.
These are needed.

Just in case someone cares, the licensing some of these sprites is released under is CC, also known as Creative Commons. If you use any material licensed under CC on your software, all of your software becomes open source. Have that in mind when using CC licensed sprites if you don't want to release the code of your client.

Also, if no license is specified, it's licensed under exclusive copyright. This means nobody can edit, share or use without permission. Source: No License

To make sure everything is licensed under a very permissive license, such as TFS is, use MIT.

For more information see:
Choose an open source license
Creative Commons Licenses Explained In Plain English

Even though using CC is an improvement over using exclusive copyright cipsoft's sprites, it's not a solution until they are licensed under a permissive license.

@_ferrari Does "all of your software" include things like server engine, map, scripts and so on; or just the client?

Just in case someone cares, the licensing some of these sprites is released under is CC, also known as Creative Commons. If you use any material licensed under CC on your software, all of your software becomes open source. Have that in mind when using CC licensed sprites if you don't want to release the code of your client.

Also, if no license is specified, it's licensed under exclusive copyright. This means nobody can edit, share or use without permission. Source: No License

To make sure everything is licensed under a very permissive license, such as TFS is, use MIT.

For more information see:
Choose an open source license
Creative Commons Licenses Explained In Plain English

Even though using CC is an improvement over using exclusive copyright cipsoft's sprites, it's not a solution until they are licensed under a permissive license.
@_ferrari Does "all of your software" include things like server engine, map, scripts and so on; or just the client?
That's bullshit, he should read the article he linked.
Attribution Only– This one is likely the most straightforward of all the Creative Commons licenses because it’s the one they all build from. This license requires anyone who uses the copyrighted work to provide “appropriate credit” AND indicate what, if any, changes were made. In plain English, it means you have to give credit. According to the Creative Commons the credit must be in a certain way. Interesting that this is one of the most broad categories but most people actually get it wrong.

Creative Commons defines “appropriate credit” as (a) the name of the creator and attribution parties, (b) a copyright notice, (c) a license notice, (d) a disclaimer notice, and (e) a link to the material.

Once you understand that then you can do whatever else you wish with the work, regardless of whether it is for commercial, non-commercial, non-profit, educational, internal purposes at work, etc. Doesn’t matter how you use or distribute the work, give credit and say how you’ve changed the work and you’re good to go.

Last edited:
To be completely honest I don't think so, and I think this only applies to the relevant files. It depends on quite a few things.

First of all, let me cite this from the actual creative commons website (Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0):
You are free to:
  • Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
  • Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
  • for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following terms:
  • No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Notices:
  • You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
  • No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.

Now let me strip out the relevant parts:

Users are free to share or adapt. However, there are a few conditions. First, you must give credit, provide a link to the license and indicate if changes were made. Furthermore, the license states that you may not be given all of the permissions necessary for your intended use.

These are terms from CC 4.0 which is the license under which some of the sprites were licensed. Using this material doesn't imply having to release all code related to the software, but the conditions stated above do apply.

Too much bureaucracy in my opinion.

If we're talking about CC-SA, which means Share Alike, you can use the material as long as you share yours too. Source: Why is CC BY-SA discouraged for code?

To what files this applies? I don't know. I think every file you distribute with the licensed files. If your sprites are licensed under CC-SA, you either distribute the sprites separately or you may need to distribute your sources with it. For example, if you have a zip file with all the client files, including the sprites, you may or may not have to share the code used in the client. I really doubt you need to share the server though.

@Peonso, I understand if you have concerns about copyright and you wish to license under CC 4.0. However, if you wish to be as permissive as possible I ask you to change the license to MIT.

You confusing things dude. You read some articles, got a grasp of some concepts but didn't understand some details.

First thing, CC is not a license, it's a organization, and they created some (not one) licenses that cover legal aspects people that want to share their work might want covered. Despite not existing anything that would make the MIT license inapplicable to images, it's mostly used for software. There is a CC license as broader as MIT, but I opted to not use it. I opted for Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC-BY 4.0), to incentivize contribution, as people that make sprites are even more attached to their work than those who code to open source software, and would appreciate the fact that their work is being credited.

All the files that go along with the license are under it's terms, meaning all the files in the GitHub - peonso/opentibia_sprite_pack repository are under CC-BY 4.0 terms. Meaning you can do with it anything you want if you give credits and if you modified original work, state that you did.

You talked about files without licenses, under CC-SA and under CC BY-SA. That doesn't apply to anything here. Also, TFS is under GNU license (forced, since it's a branch of OTServ that also is under GNU license).
Furthermore, the license states that you may not be given all of the permissions necessary for your intended use.

That's not related at all with what you are discussing. This means the license won't give you the right to violate "privacy" or "human rights", that sort of stuff. Some thing along the lines of "this license give you the right to do everything, but you still have to follow the laws". Example: if you want to use the sprites to kill someone, the license may not give you the necessary permission, sorry.

Last edited:
Back