• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Sprite Pack

How can I get EVERY tile that is used on the MapEditor? I know there is some photoshop project files with many tiles, outfits, creatures and walls. But the walls works on 64x64 and they are not being represented in every possible combination (like corners of buildings and buildings entrances, etc). One solution is to make my own combinations but it will be too much work and I was thinking if there is another way to get all tiles combination.

Thanks anyway, everything is really beautiful in this pack and will help me a lot in my Tibia-like game.

@Peonso if I were to buy sprites off of the unity store would I be able to donate those sprites to this sprite pack?

@Peonso if I were to buy sprites off of the unity store would I be able to donate those sprites to this sprite pack?
I'm nearby sure Unity Store license only alows you to use those assets into unity projects and it won't allow you to redistribute the files that way.

I'm nearby sure Unity Store license only alows you to use those assets into unity projects and it won't allow you to redistribute the files that way.
I'll do some research later & see if this is the case because there are a lot of good sprites on that store.

Each unity asset that you pay for usually has a commercial or non commercial license. Also if you use other works you need to reference it. Its not to be reused by anybody other than the original purchaser.

Rpg maker assets may only be used for rpg maker games. However there are some 3rd party creators that create new assets for rpgmaker from scratch which allows them to resell them for any game engine. This is specifically written out on their posts and store websites.

For low cost architecture there is a semi easy way to convert low cost sprite packs into ultima/tibia style/ p45.
If needed I can make a thread on how to make them.

For low cost architecture there is a semi easy way to convert low cost sprite packs into ultima/tibia style/ p45.
If needed I can make a thread on how to make them.
I would love some more info on this. :)

Can't see the way to complete this kind of mountain:

mI02BRR.png

are there missing walls for left & up sides?

It will be helpful for people who want to contribute to see somewhere a table with all original tibia sprites and beside them the ones who are converted in this pack.
More easy to work on new ones.

It will be helpful for people who want to contribute to see somewhere a table with all original tibia sprites and beside them the ones who are converted in this pack.
I agree with you, there should be a table like that.
Unfortunately not only will Peonso likely never create a table like that, he doesn't actually want to even try to replace Tibia's original sprites according to his own post just a few months ago, found on the previous page. Quote:
It's never going to try to replace Tibia sprites for 2 reasons, first I, Peonso, don't see the point, and second, it's not possible, it's made from collaborations, people do share what they want. You can try to improve this tool, but it will always be limited by available sprites, Converting Tibia maps to OpenTibia Sprite Pack
Not only is it possible to replace all of Tibia's original sprites, it's technically speaking an easy challenge, rather the issue is that Peonso either has no idea how to do it, or he doesn't want any of you to be able to do it, instead preferring to have you relying on a unnecessarily "complex" script he's made that relies on another developer's unmaintained map conversion framework to replace your map instead of your sprites (a tool which btw permanently deletes any items that you do not have the sprites for in the process = permanently damages your map...), since it's an easy and lazy/dirty solution that doesn't take any thought or planning ahead, as well as keeping you reliant on him in the future/potentially forever, which feeds his ego and keeps him (subjectively) relevant in his mind.

Personally I came up with a solution in just 2 days after having reverse engineered the .spr and .dat file formats, written a tool that can not only pack/unpack but programmatically modify any part of spr and dat files, figured out exactly how to organize the entire project, how to give specific credits for each sprite to everyone in an organized way, and how integrate this current sprites pack into the new project in a couple of days.
That done, I created a thread about the new project here.

Now take a guess, how long do you think it took for the thread to get derailed, and by who?
The answer: Less than 24 hours, and by Peonso himself (along with a couple of his friends?), who immediately started complaining about the "lack of sprites showoffs in my thread" (hint hint "show new sprites right now or else get your thread deleted as we'll call the mods on you asap"...) even though his own thread has 0 sprites in the first post just like mine, and proceeded from there to spam a lot of other highly compacted irrelevant nonsense that had nothing to do with anything I wrote in my thread or with the project, trying most likely just to act superficially to the public like some kind of "master" that has to "teach me things" which either didn't make any sense or that I already knew and that no one (except his subconscious?) had asked him or anyone else to provide...

In actual fact I've never actually asked him for help even a single time, period, he's the one that's been asking me for help (link) about 10 times before he even knew anything about me except that I was hosting the Realots files, and like all the other piranhas he wanted a piece of the cake (about 10+ people asked me about how to setup Realots in the first year just in PMs + many more in-game)... and for almost 2 whole years I've been trying to treat him nicely/fairly despite him being a completely self-obsessed, selfish and manipulative piece of sliced ham...
That is until he decided to derail my project thread just to screw over any competition to any of his projects and/or get under my skin just to feed his own ego, "Look at me, I'm so smart and powerful, nobody but me can get under people's skin by being a jerk on the Internet, omg, such wow!" or whatever insane stuff goes inside that microscopic head of his as he jerks it while staring at himself in the mirror or whatever he's got going for him.

Anyway, that's the story of why there's no tables of converted vs missing sprites in his project, and likely never will be, and also about how fake and two-faced a lot of developers in this community are, cheers.

Last edited:
I agree with you, there should be a table like that.
Unfortunately not only will Peonso likely never create a table like that, he doesn't actually want to even try to replace Tibia's original sprites according to his own post just a few months ago, found on the previous page. Quote:

Not only is it possible to replace all of Tibia's original sprites, it's technically speaking an easy challenge, rather the issue is that Peonso either has no idea how to do it, or he doesn't want any of you to be able to do it, instead preferring to have you relying on a complex "map converter tool" of his to replace your map instead of your sprites (a tool which permanently deletes any items that you do not have the sprites for in the process i.e. permanently damages your map btw...), since this keeps him relevant, feeds his pride, and keeps you reliant on him in the future/potentially forever.

Personally I came up with a solution in just 2 days after having reverse engineered the .spr and .dat file formats, written a tool that can not only pack/unpack but programmatically modify any part of spr and dat files, figured out exactly how to organize the entire project, how to give specific credits for each sprite to everyone in an organized way, and how integrate this current sprites pack into the new project in a couple of days.
That done, I created a thread about the new project here.

Now take a guess, how long do you think it took for the thread to get derailed, and by who?
The answer: Less than 24 hours, and by Peonso himself (along with a couple of his friends?), who immediately started complaining about the "lack of sprites showoffs in my thread" (hint hint "show new sprites right now or else get your thread deleted as we'll call the mods on you asap"...) even though his own thread has 0 sprites in the first post just like mine, and proceeded from there to spam a lot of other highly compacted irrelevant nonsense that had nothing to do with anything I wrote in my thread or with the project, trying most likely just to act superficially to the public like some kind of "master" that has to "teach me things" which either didn't make any sense or that I already knew and that no one (except his subconscious?) had asked him or anyone else to provide...

In actual fact I've never actually asked him for help even a single time, period, he's the one that's been asking me for help (link) about 10 times before he even knew anything about me except that I was hosting the Realots files, and like all the other piranhas he wanted a piece of the cake (about 10+ people asked me about how to setup Realots in the first year just in PMs + many more in-game)... and for almost 2 whole years I've been trying to treat him nicely/fairly despite him being a completely self-obsessed, selfish and manipulative piece of sliced ham...
That is until he decided to derail my project thread just to screw over any competition to any of his projects and/or get under my skin just to feed his own ego, "Look at me, I'm so smart and powerful, nobody but me can get under people's skin by being a jerk on the Internet, omg, such wow!" or whatever insane stuff goes inside that microscopic head of his as he jerks it while staring at himself in the mirror or whatever he's got going for him.

Anyway, that's the story of why there's no tables of converted vs missing sprites in his project, and likely never will be, and also about how fake and two-faced a lot of developers in this community are, cheers.
I think that we have to start small, maybe the leaked 7.7 version with less sprites it’s a decent goal.
Once we have that completed it will be a matter of time to get through higher versions and complete them.

No one is tying your hands. Check this script OpenTibia - Converting Tibia maps to OpenTibia Sprite Pack (https://otland.net/threads/converting-tibia-maps-to-opentibia-sprite-pack.258883/) But as I already informed the delusional guy, it won't matter at all. You are assuming that people that would like to contribute or make sprites would want to do Tibia replacements, check what the pack already contain and what is presented in other threads in this subforum.
That script is from a table, it has the table on it's code. Also, stop asking me to do this, I won't do it. It might mind blow you but a lot of things that are done and shared in this forum are not made to perfectly fit @e.e needs. There are thousand of ways to get things done that doesn't revolve around getting it spon feed by me. You could do it, but it's easier to come up with excuses, conspirational bullshit, and blame me, as if I could restrain you.

You are alone vocalizing against me. Go check forum threads of things I shared or servers I hosted, and see what people talk about me. I share code, scripts, maps, I maintain open source repositories, I host free to play servers, I share detailed information regarding mechanics I spent dozen hours researching. Still somehow I'm trying to "screw over any competition" and being "manipulative", people that I don't know are my friends. You are in reality denial, you can't accept that you are brain damaged crazy, you need a therapist/psychologist, go for help.

#delusional

Why would he even create a table like that when the goal of the pack is not to replace all of tibia sprites, but rather gather many different sprites that aren't exactly what was used in original tibia?

I don't understand why people are so upset of things. This forum has many resources people put in so other people can learn and build. Peonso has helped me and my friends with everything from general advice all the way to detailed game code. He has been more than patient with our terrible questions and always tries to help when he can.

We have played his servers, he has shared multiple resources with us and many in the board. Although Peonso has by far shared the most help for us, there also has been have many people who helped, even from posting small answer or advice. I am not sure why these people who are contribute are spoken of in such a way. Should we not be more thankful to all the people, even if the contribution is small? I would be lost if the boards became closed, or if such treatments made the people who contribute stop to help.

So for small builders like me and my friends, please try to keep these boards as a place of grow and contribute, and hopefully as we learn a little we can help contribute as well. If your post contain much words about how bad a person is, and especially if that person has large history of helping, but of course even if it is someone trying their best, please consider to not post such, but rather, to spend the same time helping a new person trying to learn.

That script is from a table, it has the table on it's code.
It sounds like what tarantonio was asking for is a table of the original tibia sprites with actual intentional sprite replacement ids.
Like he said at the end "more easy to work on new ones", i.e. he wants to know what sprites are actually officially replaced as far as I can tell.

I just commented on that topic that in fact your goal is not to replace original tibia sprites which you've said yourself which means that there is no table of officially/thoroughly/permanently replaced sprite ids, and in fact many of the entries in your table leads to the same replacement sprite (sometimes for very different items), or has id 0 for deletion, or is not very similar-looking at all, since apparently you don't even want sprites that actually looks similarly at all to the original sprites as far as I can tell according to your own post.

Also, stop asking me to do this, I won't do it.
What am I asking you to do?

It might mind blow you but a lot of things that are done and shared in this forum are not made to perfectly fit @e.e needs. There are thousand of ways to get things done that doesn't revolve around getting it spon feed by me. You could do it, but it's easier to come up with excuses, conspirational bullshit, and blame me, as if I could restrain you.
When have I ever asked you to fit my needs? Can you quote me ever asking you for anything? You're the only one that's asked me to fit your needs...
The only thing I wanted from you is for you to not to come to my New Sprites Replacement Project thread and try to derail it in the first 24 hours of its creation.... Is that so much to ask for? And at the same time you're trying to complain here that I'm bringing this up this one time in your already well established thread from 2017?

You are alone vocalizing against me.
I'm mostly alone vocalizing against anyone in this forum. People are scared to speak up on this forum about anything because they're scared of getting banned, being accused of "starting drama", being called "conspiratorial", etc, and most people just want to work on their own business interests or own project without having to think or worry about what's going on in the community overall.

Go check forum threads of things I shared or servers I hosted, and see what people talk about me.
I used to look at you this exact same way, as a "friendly guy" that "just wants to work on open source to be nice", that's the only reason I helped you out when you PM'd me and asked me 10x (just in PMs) to help you in 2017, and I kindly did for free, because I thought you were an okay guy, even when it was against my business interests (since I already run Realots files and my business interests would be to not help anyone make their projects more accurate/similar to Realots).
But since then I've learned I was completely wrong about you.
I've also seen you posting in Ezzz's Nostalrius thread for example about how superior you think OTHire is, which you've been working on for the last years, with apparently no respect for the fact that Ezzz is the guy that created OTHire and made it possible for you to work on that project in the first place...
It's started to seem to me that possibly the only reason you've been helping people at all is just so you can hide behind this like a shield against anyone criticizing you when you say and do extremely selfish and disruptive things, like intentionally derail new threads in the first 24 hours of its creation.

You are in reality denial, you can't accept that you are brain damaged crazy, you need a therapist/psychologist, go for help.

#delusional
Nice to talk to you like always :)

Why would he even create a table like that when the goal of the pack is not to replace all of tibia sprites, but rather gather many different sprites that aren't exactly what was used in original tibia?
Hopefully he can answer this question himself since I can't speak for him (only quote him), but to be clear the table he's speaking of is a json table in his map replacement script that decides whether to delete a given map item or to change the map item's id to some arbitrary id he's made up for himself (which I believe matches his dat file, I've kinda forgotten how all of this works now after several months as I've lost interest).

Last edited:
Back