• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Sprite Pack

Created similar thread.
Looking forward to see you there guys! :D

Created similar thread.
Looking forward to see you there guys! :D
Why don't you merge this ones with yours or vice versa?

From great @dami1310
UmZ43st.png

i think project is dead :( no sprites has been added since 2 years ago
OP is still active though

These sprites are awesome good that you have posted them. Will you update the github aswell?

These sprites are awesome good that you have posted them. Will you update the github aswell?
I'm not planning on update it anytime soon, but might happen if I get bored (still wanting to do otserv stuff while hitting a wall in my project). I'm still posting stuff I stumble over.

@Peonso

Can you describe how exactly you build the game files? In general, how do I understand you use Objectbuilder etc. I understand that there is no option to build with CLI?

In short, I want to make the project look nice on Github.

But additionally, are you going to transfer it to the latest version of Tibia (for OTS) - I don't know if it's still 10.98? There would be support from TheForgottenServer.

I will be happy to help you find the graphics, which are plenty.

For example, a sword and potion generator (CC0).

@Peonso

Can you describe how exactly you build the game files? In general, how do I understand you use Objectbuilder etc. I understand that there is no option to build with CLI?

In short, I want to make the project look nice on Github.

But additionally, are you going to transfer it to the latest version of Tibia (for OTS) - I don't know if it's still 10.98? There would be support from TheForgottenServer.

I will be happy to help you find the graphics, which are plenty.

For example, a sword and potion generator (CC0).
I manually cut and add everything to ObjectBuilder, than create items.xml and rme files, everything manually. It's protocol 10.41 because official ObjectBuilder stopped at version 10.56, nearly sure you can open it and save as 10.98 on a proper editor. Working with it requires a lot of effort anyway peonso/opentibia_sprite_pack (https://github.com/peonso/opentibia_sprite_pack/blob/master/GUIDE.md), you will also need a compatible map OpenTibia - Converting Tibia maps to OpenTibia Sprite Pack (https://otland.net/threads/converting-tibia-maps-to-opentibia-sprite-pack.258883/)

Ok.

I just wanted to help with the development of the project (OpenGameArt graphics are very good to use), but I guess these tools do not allow for group work.

Additionally, in my opinion, the project would have to be converted to the latest supported version of Tibia in OTS.

The only thing I came up with (you would have to agree and introduce me to the project) is that I will put Xpra and creation tools on the server to OTS and anyone interested could log in and add their own graphics, items, monsters and so on.

Enemy like Warlock?

Ok.

I just wanted to help with the development of the project (OpenGameArt graphics are very good to use), but I guess these tools do not allow for group work.

Additionally, in my opinion, the project would have to be converted to the latest supported version of Tibia in OTS.

The only thing I came up with (you would have to agree and introduce me to the project) is that I will put Xpra and creation tools on the server to OTS and anyone interested could log in and add their own graphics, items, monsters and so on.

Enemy like Warlock?
I didn't understand what you mean. What tools are not good for group work? I would like to keep it updatedi to current TFS protocol, but also don't want to bother with unnoficial editor without sources. When you talk about adding thing to the server you got me confused, there is no server, just sprites. Regarding the warlock it doesn't fit because of perspective.

I didn't understand what you mean. What tools are not good for group work? I would like to keep it updatedi to current TFS protocol, but also don't want to bother with unnoficial editor without sources. When you talk about adding thing to the server you got me confused, there is no server, just sprites. Regarding the warlock it doesn't fit because of perspective.

Well, I am not an expert on a Tibia client. Maybe I misunderstand the project.

I assumed (looking at the server_files directory) that you don't recreate Tibia's graphics, but you do something like your own form with assets to Tibia. If I am not mistaken, "a mechanical magus" does not exist in Tibia.

So I assumed that you are making your own "version" of Tibia, with your own items, maybe part of the whole Lore.

As for the tools, the idea is that I can, for example, put pull requests into repo. As I understand it is very difficult, because the tools you use (and I don't think there are any others?) aren't made for group work?

Well, I am not an expert on a Tibia client. Maybe I misunderstand the project.

I assumed (looking at the server_files directory) that you don't recreate Tibia's graphics, but you do something like your own form with assets to Tibia. If I am not mistaken, "a mechanical magus" does not exist in Tibia.

So I assumed that you are making your own "version" of Tibia, with your own items, maybe part of the whole Lore.

As for the tools, the idea is that I can, for example, put pull requests into repo. As I understand it is very difficult, because the tools you use (and I don't think there are any others?) aren't made for group work?
There image spreedsheets as well as files compatible with tfs if you put some work. Anyone can make pull in the repo, the difficult come from all the work needed updating all the files, when I add a sprite from someone there is a spreedsheet only with sprites from this guy, a spreedsheet with similar items, game files, map editor files, etc.

Back