• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Opinions] Real Map Vs Custom

Your Opinion! What would you like to see?

• 8.54 Real Map - Without Cipbot.

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • 8.54 Real Map - With Cipbot.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • 7.6 Real Map

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • 8.54 Custom Map

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters

Peroxides Cat

Sleepy Member
Reaction score
Okay, so still deciding what server i should use. I have a custom map that's semi-done, but then again more people prefer real maps.

So here's the voting categories.

• 8.54 Real Map - Without Cipbot.
  • 8.54 Real Map - With Cipbot.
  • 7.6 Real Map - The aim here is to bring back old time's, basically I'll fix up the 7.6 map as well make it alot nicer.
  • 8.54 Custom Map - I can get one done, but I'm afraid people won't play.

well I dont like Custom maps =/ (cuz somtimes they are SOOOO BUGGED OR UGLY) ^_^

Ask yourself, what kind of server do you want to host, and what would you as a GM feel best about hosting?

Too many people just put up servers with little to no unique work done to it, and then the GMs themselves have little invovlement with the players of the server.

If you feel like you want to be an actual part of the community of your server, guiding your players around on adventures and quests, and really just interacting with players on a personal level, I would say make a custom map server.

If you think you won't have enough time to actually be apart of your own community, or just don't want to, make a RL map server, as the players will know what to do on log in.

On your 7.6 server idea.. seriously, 7.6 doesn't bring back "old style play", if you want to bring that back, make a 7.4 server at least.

Ops I missclicked on Rl map 7.6, wanted to choose Custom map 8.54, :p

Custom maps are much funnier than RL maps,

Also theres only 7.4, 7.6 OTs which is RL map so would be fun if u added new option such as "7.6 Custom Map" with that I mean No teleports, a RPG 7.6 map xD

I created Eldorath RPG age's ago, but gave up due to lack of motivation.

Atm, i have a 10/15% revamped 7.6 real map. It's full 7.6 but customized to look a lot better. This is just a side project when I'm not working on my custom map.

I g2g into the shower but, if your serious about making a Project, Look in a new Post that will happen in about 6hours or so, It for be a Weird Mix,

I prefer Real Tibia Maps more then Custom maps. My easy answer is that on good servers, you can have balanced PVP. On Custom Maps, you can rarely find balanced PVP. Most Servers are based on one-hit-attack and then a person died.

Also you should keep in your mind, what you prefer since the owner should have the will to keep the server online, make unique features instead of copy all things from otland.net....

Custom Maps are for sure nice but then you must gain the feeling of entertaining the gameworld.

Real Maps are usualy made for War.

People on otland might prefer custom maps.. but the players prefer real maps. Trust me!

People suck at OTs, therefor they choose to play RL-Map servers and because nowadays they can just Google search every question they have about Tibia's map (IE spawns, quests etc).

Lols. Real-maps are so boring and so lame. U know ur every squaremeter.. U know how long u can walk to pull a monster.. U know where all quests are.. Boooooring.

Back