• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OriginalTibia 8.0 - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fribben When are u planning to start?

Pls fast =D

We have not set a date yet, but I hope to give one this week. Registrations are open though and we can go live any time soon.

@Fribben, GM Waropolis uses pvp enfo but when it comes to kill levels 1-50, if you kill 5 of them in 1 day you get auto banned, its a good idea

I don't think it's a good idea. This is easily abused and people can use it as a tactic to make their enemies banned. Either by going with several level 50's to trap him and forcing him to take unjust or by simply running around OBs and hoping to get targeted.

Video made by @Wille Broor

Fribben.

Rlly fuck 8.0
Make a 7.72 server with the same sprites as before etc. 8.0 is for braindead people

Rlly fuck 8.0
Make a 7.72 server with the same sprites as before etc. 8.0 is for braindead people

I think 7.7 is a very good client and platform for people to enjoy. But I don't think it's valid to dismiss the joy 8.0 brings, the tactical side is there, if not in a broader way too. I understand the concept of waring without hotkeys but how things look today, that concept is slowly fading away and more people encourage me to host 8.0 instead. Once the interest for such a server among Originals is greater than portrayed, I might come back to oldschool.

Hope to see you on the eventually fairly soon launched server, though :)

Fribben.

Do u think if this server can be successful? Personally I think not. Why? The reason is quite simple. Right now almost EVERY team is playing on real tibia. But I may be wrong, we will see.

@Fribben CAN YOU PLEASE STOP OUR SUFFERING AND GIVE US A DATE? =D
By the end of this week, I hope I have more detailed news regarding the launch and I will make sure it is visible for everyone, thank you for support :)

Do u think if this server can be successful? Personally I think not. Why? The reason is quite simple. Right now almost EVERY team is playing on real tibia. But I may be wrong, we will see.

I understand that Tortura (the real tibia world you are speaking about) is causing this question to pop up, and it is fair to be asked since we offer the same gameplay almost. However, many players simply won't play real tibia despite what they offer, and those players make up a few hundreds. I believe that most people even though they might enjoy Tortura, can be participating in the launch as well, since we offer quite a high paced server with instant wars, where they are free to swap between Tortura/OriginalTibia for battles or enjoyment. But to answer your question, I can never know wether I will succeed or fail, but I strongly believe that OriginalTibia is a real map server which brings wars that you rarely feel on any other server and that people feel the same way and would love to start it. Looking through the messages and feedback I receive, is the reason why I even created the thread in the first place. I want to thank you though for having respect when asking your question regardless if it was abit off-topic.

Fribben.

So today or tomorrow! cant wait

We hoped to have a date today to announce as an official, but we don't. We hope to go live in October though, we will get back on this when it is official.

Fribben sätt datum då förfaan starta den gärna nu på måndag :)

I will respond in English instead, thank you for showing interest but Monday will not be the launch date, as described above, we have yet to find an official launch date. We reckon October to be the month of the launch but it is yet not written in stone (in other words, not official just an estimated date).

Video made by Zunri.

This video is relevant to what I want to announce next. We are hoping to navigate Liberty Bay to become a more attractive city of choice, both for wars and simply a choice of hometown/hunting. We will try to make every city on this server attractive and we have also changed the route to Okolnir straight from Svargrond. You can still travel through carpet to Svargrond without PZ also to Okolnir. We will give more details regarding this later on hopefully. Our vision for the updates is to remain in the frame that people recognize OriginalTibia is a nostalgic version of Tibia 8.0 rather than making it a custom game. But we will tweak it according to the war standards we feel generates greater results.

Hope you all enjoyed the holidays,
Fribben.

I hope that you spend these 2 months for making this server less bugged and prepared instead of sitting and counting how much $$ you may gain. the most attractive things (like yellow skulls, no PZ in some places, loot) won't be changed much. The reason that was behind the success (in my opinon) of first two editions is simple. Your server met expections of war people. You could easily get cash for war and fight 24/7 for the best spots like okolnir/warlocks. Hope you will not decide to make this server rpg shit where you have to grind all the week to fight for a couple of minutes. I mean it also depends if teams will join, because it matters.

Cant fuckin believe i have to wait until october, please anticipate the launch!

I'm happily taking a break from tibia and enjoying life until some 8.0 opens ..... whenever

why would anyone play on a real tibia server which is pay 2 win 10000% is beyond my imagination

I'm happily taking a break from tibia and enjoying life until some 8.0 opens ..... whenever

why would anyone play on a real tibia server which is pay 2 win 10000% is beyond my imagination

haha Mumin falszywiec :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back