• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OriginalTibia 8.0 - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should open this friday 26th

Both war teams on medivia we are looking for a new server to fight on. Plus a lot of people waits for Originaltibia... just so you know

Hello

Originaltibia best server :p

Nowadays people play nooby realtibia. There's no active 8.0 at the moment.
(My observations)

You should open this friday 26th

Both war teams on medivia we are looking for a new server to fight on. Plus a lot of people waits for Originaltibia... just so you know

I can probably launch it this Friday, but it all depends on how fast we can reach the milestone. I know, and I hope this new edition will be one of the greatest, how ever, if the support is this huge and they eagerly wants it, it is not much to support the server pre-launch and receive double points in the start.

Hello

Originaltibia best server :p

Nowadays people play nooby realtibia. There's no active 8.0 at the moment.
(My observations)
Personally I agree with you, even though Tortura is the closest attempt they have done to a somewhat interesting game world as of lately, it still lacks what Tibia used to offer and what OriginalTibia is offering.

And if you say OriginalTibia is the best server, then I have no other option but to agree with you ;), thank you for your support and I hope you will enjoy the hopefully fairly soon launched edition.

Fribben.

Trust me my team and Veziv will play your ot.
And Pendulum is diing, people will paly here. Start advertisement already? :D Dont wait any longer

Trust me my team and Veziv will play your ot.
And Pendulum is diing, people will paly here. Start advertisement already? :D Dont wait any longer

I trust you and I thank you for your support, but I want to keep the raise ongoing until we reach the goal. Hopefully we will hit in time for a great launch.

If you guys have any ideas or contributions you wish you want to see on the new edition, you are still free to discuss it. The changes I am thinking of this edition is to keep every city beneficial for both hunts but still remain a professional atmosphere where you don't forget about how Tibia was in 8.0, simple but good tweaks and sometimes more advanced however, still in touch with the essence of old Tibia.

Fribben.

@Fribben if i recall correctly, there was an issue with monsters behavior. many people complained about mobs movement that it was weird and wasnt similar enough to real tibia

@Fribben you don't know me, but I wanted to make a new thread and rant about how people are incompetent of making a decent server that is not following Official tibia (like hexera, shivera, aurera-global) and these servers are basically the same and become boring really fast, and wars on these new servers (and official tibia) are boring as fuck since everyone is 300+ level running around with these new supreme potions and so on. So instead of making a separate rant ill just post here.

I am basically a none now, but i used to be someone in the game long ago playing aurea one of the og war server on official tibia, later on people actually have me chars and paid my team to fight their wars for them on Morgana, Kyra, Nova, i played along side and against Adde, Jonthe, BSP, dempah, Katrilla and so, later on i had my own team (we were known as Serbian team) around 40 people and then ots were good in sense that they lasted at least 3 months to 7-8 months, you didn't need a 1000 players for it to be considered active, most of them had 300-500 people online and 2 to 3 big teams fighting until one of the team completely wipes others and only then the server would be dead, but that actually took quite some time since 2 loosing guilds would merge and then recruit rpg players and so on.

Now, i writing this here since i think there is a possibility for a 8.0 tibia server to last longer than 1-2 months or even less that they last usually. You could probably create a server that could match hexera/medivia in long run since 8.0 has a huge fan base, now let me go over some points...

1. CASH GRABS
I understand the tactic some of the owners were using with hyping the server opening it to 1k players and then abandoning it and watching it die in next few weeks, and then changing the name and lunching it again in a month or so with minor tweaks. I get it you grab 1-2k euros in a short time without much effort, and then lose all the credibility to ever lunch a server. I mean wouldn't it be better to actually take care of the server after you lunch it and make 1k euros each month for a year with still a minimal effort and become somewhat respected in this community which opens an opportunity for you to open new servers and make yourselves even more money with this side job or a hobby.

2. BOTS vs NO BOTS
This is one of the biggest problems of tibia of all times, and the one that I saw ruining the 8.0 servers a lot. Basically every 8.0 server is lunched with a custom client that doesn't allow you to bot and then in a week or so someone figures out some kind of a bot (elfbot, ng, magebot, warlock and so on) and you end up with 30-50% of you player base now using a bot and that pisses the other half that doesn't have a bot or don't know how to find one either (first time i played 8.0 i had to go to some random Polish forum and use google translate in order to find a bot), that was downfall of a lot of servers since those people that don't have bot or don't want to use one will just say fuck it i am here exping like fool and spending my free time and effort on this while those people just overcome me and my level with bots.

I personally hate bots in war and battles, but fuck it i always used it for exping since i am a lazy fuck and especually now since i don't have a lot of spare time since life obligations are catching up with, as they are with most of the tibia community which is now in ther mid twenties.
Now the simplest solution is lunching 2 separate clients, one that allows usage of bots that you post one site for everyone to be able to download and use, and one with anti-bot feature but with other privileges like: 10-20% bonus exp, 5-10% bonus damage, 1-2% less exp loss on death and so on you get the idea.
Like the better solution if you actually wanted to create a long time server to match medivia/hexera and those Brazilian ones, would be to pay someone or do it yourself if you are capable of is creating your own bot or adjusting the existing one to only be possible to use with your custom client and SELL it on your site for premium points (like 5 euros) a month and BOOM you are making cash and players are happy, and those who can't afford the bot can get the cash in game and buy premium points and get the bot and so on.

3. EXP STAGES AND LOOT STAGES/GOLD AND BLESSINGS
This one is really important if you want your server to have a decent life span. You don't want to make it to hard for people in the early levels since they are the most boring part of the game, but you also don't want people getting level 100 in a few hours if you expect your server to have decent wars and to last some time. But it's easily doable with letting people get to level 50-60 in few hours and then slowing it down slightly.
What you also don't want to do is allow players to reach really high levels 250-300 in a week or two, but you also don't want to make then unable to exp if they are willing to. If you put the last stage 3x after 200, it's rather hard to exp on a 8.0 that fast, but still possible for people that are willing to invest time and pg.

Wars are the most fun when people actually take some time into leveling/botting their levels so they actually care for them when you kill them in war or in a random pk, and also when players levels are diversified (meaning you get sever people over 200, several over 190, like 15 people in range of 170 to 190, and so on).

Now most important thing in war is cash, if you make your loot stage realistic and actually make people have low amounts of cash makes wars even better. If you have 10kk in the bank and bless costs 50k, you just type !bless and come back without giving a fuck. Now most fun i had is when i was playing a mage and as we all know mages in the old days had least amount of cash and me being 170 mage and only having like 500k in bank, so i would actually care if i die in the battle since the bless+aol is 100k and i had to run around the map to even get all the blessings. So you want to create a stable economy on your server where knights and paladins are the richest one but exp slower, and mages are broke but can pg like a mad man.

Now in regard of the blessings, having the command !bless makes things so much boring in the wars people would just suicide and do the command and be right back. But making people run around the map to get at least 3 blessings to be able to rejoin is quite fun, and you give them an option to join without the blessings if they want to help their team immediately but then if they die they lose 2-3 levels. Now this is where you can earn yourself some more money by selling something like the ability to use the command !bless if you purchase a scroll from a shop for like 10$ but even then blessing are more expensive like 100k in game, or even adding something like official tibia added by 5x blessings in the shop for a decent amount of money. (this is kinda stupid but it doesn't ruin the game that much and allows you the owner of the server to make more money without creating some big advantage in the game)

4. UPDATES AND COMMUNICATING WITH THE COMMUNITY
This is one of the biggest issues of the servers dying... Playing the same shit gets boring real quick, so constantly updating keeps community interested and engaged with the server. I am not talking new city every week, but like small spawn updates weekly, maybe a new city or an area each month, new quests. Fuck it even new items with new spirites in big updates it doesn't have to be anything that crazy or even stronger that existing items but adding to the game diversity helps keeping things fresh and interesting.

And as far communicating with the community goes most of the server owners completely fail and never interact with the their players and their suggestions and ideas and even Cipsoft failed in that regard, I mean fucking RIOT games of league of legends communicates with it's players daily on reddit and boards, their CEO answers people questions for the love of god.

I know this was a long post but i am really fucking pissed that I can't enjoy this game like in old times, i hate investing time in a new server that dies withing few weeks, or playing the hexera/shivera that basically became old orshabal ots where everyone has gazillion gold and runs around like crazy without any real and meaningful wars...

Thanks for reading,
Lucas.

Last edited:
@Fribben if i recall correctly, there was an issue with monsters behavior. many people complained about mobs movement that it was weird and wasnt similar enough to real tibia

There was, will be looked into again. Thank you for bringing it up.

@Fribben you don't know me, but I wanted to make a new thread and rant about how people are incompetent of making a decent server that is not following Official tibia (like hexera, shivera, aurera-global) and these servers are basically the same and become boring really fast, and wars on these new servers (and official tibia) are boring as fuck since everyone is 300+ level running around with these new supreme potions and so on. So instead of making a separate rant ill just post here.

I am basically a none now, but i used to be someone in the game long ago playing aurea one of the og war server on official tibia, later on people actually have me chars and paid my team to fight their wars for them on Morgana, Kyra, Nova, i played along side and against Adde, Jonthe, BSP, dempah, Katrilla and so, later on i had my own team (we were known as Serbian team) around 40 people and then ots were good in sense that they lasted at least 3 months to 7-8 months, you didn't need a 1000 players for it to be considered active, most of them had 300-500 people online and 2 to 3 big teams fighting until one of the team completely wipes others and only then the server would be dead, but that actually took quite some time since 2 loosing guilds would merge and then recruit rpg players and so on.

Now, i writing this here since i think there is a possibility for a 8.0 tibia server to last longer than 1-2 months or even less that they last usually. You could probably create a server that could match hexera/medivia in long run since 8.0 has a huge fan base, now let me go over some points...

1. CASH GRABS
I understand the tactic some of the owners were using with hyping the server opening it to 1k players and then abandoning it and watching it die in next few weeks, and then changing the name and lunching it again in a month or so with minor tweaks. I get it you grab 1-2k euros in a short time without much effort, and then lose all the credibility to ever lunch a server. I mean wouldn't it be better to actually take care of the server after you lunch it and make 1k euros each month for a year with still a minimal effort and become somewhat respected in this community which opens an opportunity for you to open new servers and make yourselves even more money with this side job or a hobby.

2. BOTS vs NO BOTS
This is one of the biggest problems of tibia of all times, and the one that I saw ruining the 8.0 servers a lot. Basically every 8.0 server is lunched with a custom client that doesn't allow you to bot and then in a week or so someone figures out some kind of a bot (elfbot, ng, magebot, warlock and so on) and you end up with 30-50% of you player base now using a bot and that pisses the other half that doesn't have a bot or don't know how to find one either (first time i played 8.0 i had to go to some random Polish forum and use google translate in order to find a bot), that was downfall of a lot of servers since those people that don't have bot or don't want to use one will just say fuck it i am here exping like fool and spending my free time and effort on this while those people just overcome me and my level with bots.

I personally hate bots in war and battles, but fuck it i always used it for exping since i am a lazy fuck and especually now since i don't have a lot of spare time since life obligations are catching up with, as they are with most of the tibia community which is now in ther mid twenties.
Now the simplest solution is lunching 2 separate clients, one that allows usage of bots that you post one site for everyone to be able to download and use, and one with anti-bot feature but with other privileges like: 10-20% bonus exp, 5-10% bonus damage, 1-2% less exp loss on death and so on you get the idea.
Like the better solution if you actually wanted to create a long time server to match medivia/hexera and those Brazilian ones, would be to pay someone or do it yourself if you are capable of is creating your own bot or adjusting the existing one to only be possible to use with your custom client and SELL it on your site for premium points (like 5 euros) a month and BOOM you are making cash and players are happy, and those who can't afford the bot can get the cash in game and buy premium points and get the bot and so on.

3. EXP STAGES AND LOOT STAGES/GOLD AND BLESSINGS
This one is really important if you want your server to have a decent life span. You don't want to make it to hard for people in the early levels since they are the most boring part of the game, but you also don't want people getting level 100 in a few hours if you expect your server to have decent wars and to last some time. But it's easily doable with letting people get to level 50-60 in few hours and then slowing it down slightly.
What you also don't want to do is allow players to reach really high levels 250-300 in a week or two, but you also don't want to make then unable to exp if they are willing to. If you put the last stage 3x after 200, it's rather hard to exp on a 8.0 that fast, but still possible for people that are willing to invest time and pg.

Wars are the most fun when people actually take some time into leveling/botting their levels so they actually care for them when you kill them in war or in a random pk, and also when players levels are diversified (meaning you get sever people over 200, several over 190, like 15 people in range of 170 to 190, and so on).

Now most important thing in war is cash, if you make your loot stage realistic and actually make people have low amounts of cash makes wars even better. If you have 10kk in the bank and bless costs 50k, you just type !bless and come back without giving a fuck. Now most fun i had is when i was playing a mage and as we all know mages in the old days had least amount of cash and me being 170 mage and only having like 500k in bank, so i would actually care if i die in the battle since the bless+aol is 100k and i had to run around the map to even get all the blessings. So you want to create a stable economy on your server where knights and paladins are the richest one but exp slower, and mages are broke but can pg like a mad man.

Now in regard of the blessings, having the command !bless makes things so much boring in the wars people would just suicide and do the command and be right back. But making people run around the map to get at least 3 blessings to be able to rejoin is quite fun, and you give them an option to join without the blessings if they want to help their team immediately but then if they die they lose 2-3 levels. Now this is where you can earn yourself some more money by selling something like the ability to use the command !bless if you purchase a scroll from a shop for like 10$ but even then blessing are more expensive like 100k in game, or even adding something like official tibia added by 5x blessings in the shop for a decent amount of money. (this is kinda stupid but it doesn't ruin the game that much and allows you the owner of the server to make more money without creating some big advantage in the game)

4. UPDATES AND COMMUNICATING WITH THE COMMUNITY
This is one of the biggest issues of the servers dying... Playing the same shit gets boring real quick, so constantly updating keeps community interested and engaged with the server. I am not talking new city every week, but like small spawn updates weekly, maybe a new city or an area each month, new quests. Fuck it even new items with new spirites in big updates it doesn't have to be anything that crazy or even stronger that existing items but adding to the game diversity helps keeping things fresh and interesting.

And as far communicating with the community goes most of the server owners completely fail and never interact with the their players and their suggestions and ideas and even Cipsoft failed in that regard, I mean fucking RIOT games of league of legends communicates with it's players daily on reddit and boards, their CEO answers people questions for the love of god.

I know this was a long post but i am really fucking pissed that I can't enjoy this game like in old times, i hate investing time in a new server that dies withing few weeks, or playing the hexera/shivera that basically became old orshabal ots where everyone has gazillion gold and runs around like crazy without any real and meaningful wars...

Thanks for reading,
Lucas.

1. Cash grabs

This is a widely misinterpreted conception people of this community have. Cash grab is if a server is opening sincerely for money only and avoiding or neglecting other aspects of a managements teams duties. So far, every edition of OriginalTibia and I believe even most haters of OriginalTibia can vouch for this that even when we reached 40 players from 600, we were active to remove noob chars from wars and consistently working in the same pace to deliver what we stand for. Most people think that if you don't throw updates every week, you are a cash grabber who delivers a server simply for money. How ever, since we have been developing and maintaining servers for years, we are selective to updates which does not put us off-guard from what Tibia used to represent. Medivia is an example of an open tibia server which tries to find own paths of their own ideology of the game, which is fine for people who wants such servers, but OriginalTibia stands for it's name, and that is to bring authenticity but with a little twist to enhance mostly the PvP aspect of the game, which we have for years been uplifting. And recently you see the trend of people trying to imitate it. And to add to the last piece of this section, we have never hosted other servers under other domains than OriginalTibia when it comes to 8.0, maybe you are referring to other servers and speaking generally off.

2. Bots

On 8.0, there is a possibility to disable bots as well as we have been one of the toughest servers when it comes to botters throughout our history. How ever, on 8.0 we want to expand our community by allowing people who are not comfortable downloading a custom client to be able to connect by a regular 8.0 client with an IP changer, and due to our rates, it is not as beneficial as it would with other rates and settings if bots were to be available. Although we have to keep in mind that every server suffer from bots and every server handles it differently.

3. Exp stages

We always try to open discussion threads and keeping the community motivated to share their ideas. Sadly, we can often get targeted with bandwagon of hatred that includes that we do not offer sufficient updates, how ever as mentioned in previous point, we deliver updates that is in pair with our vision of how Tibia should be portrayed.

4. Updates and communication

Throughout the history we feel that we have done everything we can to have everyone's opinion matters, even if people would hate a guy by a majority, his voice would still stand a chance in us discussing it. It is the nature of our server and how we operate.

Fribben.

Last edited:
@Fribben I didn't not mean any of this as an personal attack against you I just wrote what generally kills and damages the servers...

But never mind that I'll donate some cash to get the server started, but very low amount of people use this forum (and this sub) so you could probably reach your goal and even higher , if you would just announce the lunch day and post a new thread in advertising. And also put something like "everyone who donates before the server starts and on the first day of the start will get the double points bonus blah blah", it will get some exposure and you will probably gain much more money than you set the goal for. I mean i had to read through all the pages to even notice that there is a goal, you get the idea...

Last edited:
@Fribben I didn't not mean any of this as an personal attack against you I just wrote what generally kills and damages the servers...

But never mind that I'll donate some cash to get the server started, but very low amount of people use this forum (and this sub) so you could probably reach your goal and even higher , if you would just announce the lunch day and post a new thread in advertising. And also put something like "everyone who donates before the server starts and on the first day of the start will get the double points bonus blah blah", it will get some exposure and you will probably gain much more money than you set the goal for. I mean i had to read through all the pages to even notice that there is a goal, you get the idea...

I didn't really see it as a personal attack, but since you are posting it in a discussion thread that is affiliated with OriginalTibia, it is just an assumption that some points are meant to be a suggestion to us, and I shared with you information on how we operate on some levels regarding what you have stated. But I understand you, most people running servers today don't have a vision or they have a vision but they don't follow it and their servers turn out to be the opposite of what the community wants. But OriginalTibia is that type of server which is here to deliver the most excellent PvP atmosphere because that is deeply rooted in our vision of the server and that is what people appreciate because they understand the authenticity behind it. Others claim to be PvP servers but they actually dream of hosting RPG servers instead, they try to split the community for their own benefit and claim to be at the communities favour.

You are free to help us out, so far we still only generated 50 EURO out of 150, so there is no point in starting an advertisement thread, how ever, I will take your tip and update the first post regarding the situation. But I want this thread to remain a discussion thread rather than a fund raising thread, the fund raising part is just part of the launch.

Fribben.

Alright the donation is full now we hope u open it on friday and give us what we want :D;)

Deeply appreciated, I will give you guys an exact date hopefully today or tomorrow. COMING SOON! STAAAAAY TUNED!!!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME SICK WARS???????? - COMING SOON!

Fribben.

level 1 to 35 ; x40
level 36 to 50 : x25
level 51 to 70 : x15
level 71 to 80 : x10
level 81 to 90 : x8
level 91 to 100 : x6
level 101 to 120 : x5

121+ x4.

loot x4

?

Status