• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OriginalTibia 8.0 - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that you spend these 2 months for making this server less bugged and prepared instead of sitting and counting how much $$ you may gain. the most attractive things (like yellow skulls, no PZ in some places, loot) won't be changed much. The reason that was behind the success (in my opinon) of first two editions is simple. Your server met expections of war people. You could easily get cash for war and fight 24/7 for the best spots like okolnir/warlocks. Hope you will not decide to make this server rpg shit where you have to grind all the week to fight for a couple of minutes. I mean it also depends if teams will join, because it matters.

Why did you feel the neccessity to post such an ironic post about me "counting" money? Have you ever played OriginalTibia? We offer probably the worst donation shop in the history of OpenTibia, where you get almost no advantages. I can triple my income if money was my only goal and make people accept it regardless if they want to, but it's not why I have been hosting all these years and I will most likely not only focus on the money part. Otherwise you'd not see the type of activity throughout the server's presence. We almost always have some staff member active to take care of problems even weeks or months after the server's start.

Cant fuckin believe i have to wait until october, please anticipate the launch!

This was only an estimation, we are uncertain at the moment since we anticipated much more interest but does not look like it, and if this is the case that people are no longer interested of us hosting anymore, we might drop OriginalTibia as a project in whole. I only made the thread because I thought the interest was big enough.

real tibia dead ots , meybe start now ? its good time

As stated above, there seem not to be the type of interest we anticipated and we might drop the project fully unless we see a turn.

Fribben.

@Fribben, this is bullshit. I am very convinced the mayority of us has waited and desired the server opening much more than you can imagine. I'm pretty sure im not the only one who has looked at the website everyday to see if a launch date is set yet either. Maybe if you have would have done an effort from the beginning people would not lose interest, for example you did post the 1st OF SEPTEMBER that a launch date would be announced by the end of the week and now its October and a launch date is still not set, i mean come on man ofc people will lose interest. Also you have took forever to answer on the forum and give us information about whats going on, i actually suspect that you have not been working on the server at all this whole month and thats the reason you now saying that you guys might drop Originaltibia as a project.

Comeon fribben start it! I stopped playing turtora real tibia because you Said you would start It again... i Will have atleast 5 real life friends start playing To, lets do this!

and if this is the case that people are no longer interested of us hosting anymore, we might drop OriginalTibia as a project in whole.

Fribben is like a 14 y/o girl fishing for compliments. Please grow up.

Could you just let us know if you will open the server or not so i don't need to still be waiting here like an idiot, it only takes 2 mins to reply.

Thank you for your interest and if this is what you guys say, let me make a proposal for you, if you manage to complete it, I will start the server next week or max 2 weeks ahead (guaranteed). Anyone who wants OriginalTibia to start can make a donation to [email protected] and if I get around 100-150 euros, I will cover the rest of the payments both for the dedicated and advertisements needed to make this server popular. Anyone who pre-donates will get double points on the server's start and if we by any means would not start the server or if the amount neccessary would not be covered, we will return the money back to everyone who put an effort to try.

Fribben.

its good time fribben go go

It can go live next week, all I need is 100-150 euros and I will open it with advertisements. So far 0 euros has been raised. So unless that changes, it will probably not come online.

Fribben.

We both know 150 Euros is like nothing and u can probably save that up in 3 weeks if not less. if your on minimum wage in your country, you can also more than triple that with the same sms shop (maybe add 1 or 2 items) this time and you'll make you're money back.

The interest is there but I doubt anyone is gonna give you a cheque to 'open' ur server.

I would gladly play now since my league account got perma :p

So far we have generated 25.00€

Do we get sms shop point when it opens for these donations now? @Fribben

Last edited:
We both know 150 Euros is like nothing and u can probably save that up in 3 weeks if not less. if your on minimum wage in your country, you can also more than triple that with the same sms shop (maybe add 1 or 2 items) this time and you'll make you're money back.

The interest is there but I doubt anyone is gonna give you a cheque to 'open' ur server.

I would gladly play now since my league account got perma :p

So far we have generated 25.00€

Do we get sms shop point when it opens for these donations now? @Fribben

I will invest money of my own for advertisements and fill the gap of the remaining dedicated bill, it's just that I don't want to put up the full amount and I am requesting some help from the community, I don't think that should be a problem if people are interested. And to answer your question, people will get double points if they choose to pay now. I added the possibility to continue to the full page so people can put their account number in the donate description. So if a person chooses to donate 5 euros now which would normally grant him 50 points, he will now get 100 points.

And if people don't want to help out to fill this amount, I can't do more than this.

Fribben.

Come on Fribben, just start it. People are losing their patience. U will get the money back when people later donates in game anyways.. Besides u can't expect that players will pay you to open the server, that was not what you promised from the beginning, u announced that originaltibia would be back very soon.

Come on Fribben, just start it. People are losing their patience. U will get the money back when people later donates in game anyways.. Besides u can't expect that players will pay you to open the server, that was not what you promised from the beginning, u announced that originaltibia would be back very soon.

Copy somewhere where I promised it will be back soon, it was my goal to start it soon but due to explained reasons which you probably did not read, I chose to do it this way. So far 40 Euro has been collected, if you want it online, pay up till we get 150 or don't comment and don't wait.

Fribben.

So far we have generated 50.00€

Thank you all for your support. We are not far ahead from the goal we anticipate to reach in short, I will personally match the amount and some more for advertisements and the rest of the dedicated costs.

Hail OriginalTibia - Hail OriginalTibia players! One of the few servers which is for the players by the players.

Video made by @Wille Broor - enjoy!

Fribben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back