• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient 1.0

Next one will open a issue on github. But its a bug since players can pass through others players (in PZ or with protection level) and everytime it happens this little glitch happens (maybe don't draw creature on bottom when reach the tile but just continues on top like from north to south)

ok, no problem.

fixed:

Having an issue where I can't use runes on the ground? As in, with crosshairs pointing at grass. It seems that I can only use runes when crosshairing on my character or a creature.

If this is not a good explanation, I'm sorry. I will edit this when not baked.

Having an issue where I can't use runes on the ground? As in, with crosshairs pointing at grass. It seems that I can only use runes when crosshairing on my character or a creature.

Did you read any previous post? For every issue reported here there is a comment from Mehah to create an issue on github. It is easier to handle that and keep the project organized.

So please create an issue on Github:

Also it is important to point if you did any modifications to the client.

Last edited:

Did you read any previous post? For every issue reported here there is a comment from Mehah to create an issue on github. It is easier to handle that and keep the project organized.

So please create an issue on Github:

Also it is important to point if you did any modifications to the client.

@Aoxomoxoa

good job, i've bought you a coffee :)
thanks a lot

Found another bug regarding clicking to go down a hole, sewer, etc. Seems to be only when there's a big building in the way. I'll create a Github issue this time.

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY (https://giphy.com/gifs/f9dlK2resGSU2kl3mf)

The error i receive in the client is "First go upstairs."

Here's a higher quality version on vimeo:

Github issue: "First go upstairs." Message showing when there is a tall building near a hole the player is trying to go down. · Issue #14 · mehah/otclient (https://github.com/mehah/otclient/issues/14)

Last edited:
Found another bug regarding clicking to go down a hole, sewer, etc. Seems to be only when there's a big building in the way. I'll create a Github issue this time.

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY (https://giphy.com/gifs/f9dlK2resGSU2kl3mf)

The error i receive in the client is "First go upstairs."

Here's a higher quality version on vimeo:

Github issue: "First go upstairs." Message showing when there is a tall building near a hole the player is trying to go down. · Issue #14 · mehah/otclient (https://github.com/mehah/otclient/issues/14)
closed 4 minutes ago kkk this guy is a machine

Github Issue Links:
Issue #15 - Player Nameplate Barely Visible In Full Darkness
Issue #16 - Player Spotlight Entirely Too Bright

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opened another issue here on Github regarding the player spotlight and the player nameplate. It seems that without setting the intensity to 2 the player's nameplate is not visible in full darkness, as seen here:
Lighting-Example-OTClient.png

However, when the light intensity is set to 2:
Lighting-Example-OTClient-2.png

The issue also proceeds into the lighting above ground, in slight darkness. The player's spotlight is entirely too bright, I also have created an issue on Github for this as well.
spotlight.png

Is there a way to replicate the lighting system given in Medivia? Something where the lighting draws over the player's nameplate? Such as:
spotlight2.png

This way, the player's spotlight doesn't supersede the lighting of the game's day/night cycle and gives a much more immersive lighting system. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be nice too. Possibly changing the color of the spotlight to something darker than pure white, and setting the light level to 2? Or perhaps using something like an integral value that translates to decimals like 1.5, 1.6, etc. instead of 1, 2, 3, etc?

Just a suggestion but it's been bugging me. Would be great to have this fixed. It seems like you've made a lot of progress recently and I'm willing to help point out small issues I find while I'm building my project!

Thanks Mehah.

Last edited:
@Aoxomoxoa back when I had interest in OTC, what I did in my project was to set the client light as 50% of actual light set in client.

This way 100% was in fact 50% light. Anything above 50% threshold made all other light effects be surpassed by day/night lights.
This is the first improvement you need to make.

The second one is regulating the darkness level, otc is simply darker and have lights way more intense because of the way opengl drawns using bubbles.

Good try Meehah, but too many buggs. And adding paypal links is allowed on OTLAND ?

If its open source then why all donations is going to Mehah? It should go to the guys that did all work on otclient, not just guy doing some small fixes!
They're contributions to the project. Because he's currently the only one fixing the issues on that fork... It's literally just to be nice and donate to him. Not like he's asking for handouts. It's a very common thing among creators.

If its open source then why all donations is going to Mehah? It should go to the guys that did all work on otclient, not just guy doing some small fixes!
cough OTC v8 cough

Edit: If you did find any bug just post it on github so @Mehah can fix and make the client better, a trully open source client by the way. Also maybe thats why there a donation option for him, since hes the one who doing things which no one else did for a long time.

Last edited:
Github Issue Links:
Issue #15 - Player Nameplate Barely Visible In Full Darkness
Issue #16 - Player Spotlight Entirely Too Bright

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opened another issue here on Github regarding the player spotlight and the player nameplate. It seems that without setting the intensity to 2 the player's nameplate is not visible in full darkness, as seen here:
View attachment 47567

However, when the light intensity is set to 2:
View attachment 47568

The issue also proceeds into the lighting above ground, in slight darkness. The player's spotlight is entirely too bright, I also have created an issue on Github for this as well.
View attachment 47569

Is there a way to replicate the lighting system given in Medivia? Something where the lighting draws over the player's nameplate? Such as:
View attachment 47570

This way, the player's spotlight doesn't supersede the lighting of the game's day/night cycle and gives a much more immersive lighting system. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be nice too. Possibly changing the color of the spotlight to something darker than pure white, and setting the light level to 2? Or perhaps using something like an integral value that translates to decimals like 1.5, 1.6, etc. instead of 1, 2, 3, etc?

Just a suggestion but it's been bugging me. Would be great to have this fixed. It seems like you've made a lot of progress recently and I'm willing to help point out small issues I find while I'm building my project!

Thanks Mehah.

So, it is coming to the end of July, and it is almost certain that there will be no more time from August, I am currently wanting to focus on bugs and optimization, but I do not discard your suggestion / request, even if I do not agree to show the names of the creatures in the dark , the grace of darkness inside a cave is this, is not knowing what to expect.

About Optimization:
There is something that @4drik shared is the optimized getSpectatorsInRangeEx, I will test it and see if it resolves, I even rewrote the way the viewers get caught, the performance improved a lot, but some conditions were missing to make it perfect, so I decided to go back with the old version, it follow test that I had performed with this code that I discarded for now.

Good try Meehah, but too many buggs. And adding paypal links is allowed on OTLAND ?

Just don't use.

Someone is hurting.

cough OTC v8 cough

Edit: If you did find any bug just post it on github so @Mehah can fix and make the client better, a trully open source client by the way. Also maybe thats why there a donation option for him, since hes the one who doing things which no one else did for a long time.

for sure he didn't even test it.

Last edited:
My main concern was the brightness of the players spotlight. It's like a 10000 lumen LED hanging right above you. 😂

I agree 🤣, i'll take a look as soon as i can, in weekend i don't usually code.

Back