• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient 1.0

If its open source then why all donations is going to Mehah? It should go to the guys that did all work on otclient, not just guy doing some small fixes!
I think you misunderstood the concept of a donation and open source. It's not like he's asking for people to donate, he was not even going to put a donation link at first before I asked him to share his paypal.

Wikipedia is open src and still from time to time they ask for donations to help keep the project alive. Mehah is basically working alone on this (with the help of a few testers and other people in the background) and he has a job, it's not like he's living out of donations of this. In fact I would be surprised if he got more than 3 small donations at this point.

Being someone who has a full time job, this is being done entirely in his free time, donation is a way to say "Hey, I support what you're doing, keep it up!"
If you can't donate, help testing, commenting or just being grateful that there is actually someone interested in helping the community without expecting anything in return. Because if it wasn't for him and others, all things in open tibia would be just sold.

It's not like he's asking for people to donate, he was not even going to put a donation link at first before I asked him to share his paypal.

Please. he added his paypal link to all messages, and even has it in signature.,
to me this is just another otcv8 an developer looking for money and is not doing it for open source!

Please tell me you are trolling...

Yeah, seriously. The major difference is he's actually helping us. His source is 100% open. OTClient v8 doesn't even have all their source on GitHub and charges $5000 for it.

A guy, not even asking for donations, gets some cash because people feel he did a good job and want to give him an incentive to keep going. He never asked. And that's the same as OTClient v8? Are you seriously saying that right now?

Explain to me, in your words how you think Mehah is asking for money to continue developing. Explain to me how he keeps his source code hidden away and charges money for other people to use. I'm curious how you got to that conclusion.

Another example could be... What is the difference between tipping Mehah for developing OTClient when nobody else is giving their source away or is inactive, and tipping OTLand by buying a premium account. You get nothing. But you support the community. That's the point.

There's also no difference between tipping Mehah and donating for something in an OT. They're both intangible goods. The only difference is that with Mehah's OTClient, you can then use on your server, and take donations from your players... To support the server... And donating in game gives you something that you can't take anywhere else but that particular ot. So, do you not support donating to OTLand or donations in an OT you might make?

Please. he added his paypal link to all messages, and even has it in signature.,
to me this is just another otcv8 an developer looking for money and is not doing it for open source!
But it's open source already, all changes are in a public repository open to everyone... I don't get your point.

Even if you don't donate you can still go there and use otc 1.0 with all changes. The other project is basically selling opengl shaders that you find for free on the internet and can easily adapt to otc

Please don't turn this thread into a discussion thread unless it has todo with the development of OTClient 1.0.

For the topic, are there any plans to implement some kind of default installer in order to streamline the download and use process? I think this would be a great enhancement.

Lol @ the troll... like, seriously? You have this long-abandoned project that was the main reason why this community has been basically stuck for the last 4 or 5 years (we need a functioning OTclient really badly). A professional programmer decides to dedicate some of his valuable time to revive it, fix stuff that no one else could, and some guy complains because he accepts donations? 😆😅

Basically Mehah single-handedly brought new life to this community. And yeah, if this sounds like adulation so be it, he really deserves it and his name shall be immortalized among the OT world.

Added another GitHub issue where you're not able to use a machete on jungle grass. I'm assuming it's also regarding using a machete on any other type of cuttable object.

I also noticed that squirrels cause OTClient to crash. Not sure if it's an OTClient issue but using V8 the squirrels didn't cause the crash.

Added another GitHub issue where you're not able to use a machete on jungle grass. I'm assuming it's also regarding using a machete on any other type of cuttable object.

I also noticed that squirrels cause OTClient to crash. Not sure if it's an OTClient issue but using V8 the squirrels didn't cause the crash.
Can you make a issue for this crash with the crash report (its a .txt filed inside the client main folder) attached? You can go to the lines where the crash was reported (time) and copy the backtrace to the issue. Maybe its related to the crash that i've reported.

Can you make a issue for this crash with the crash report (its a .txt filed inside the client main folder) attached? You can go to the lines where the crash was reported (time) and copy the backtrace to the issue. Maybe its related to the crash that i've reported.
Absolutely. I'll do that as soon as I'm back home. Currently at a Wikimedia event in Austin :)

Issue request created here: Squirrels Cause Weird Crash and Move Sideways #21

Last edited:
Back