• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient doesn't start

tarantonio

Old School Player
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm in trouble with the latest builds of otland/otclient, it doesn't start in my windows 10 machines.
I tried the .zip with all the dlls required, tried to compile myself and it doesn't start and no errors or wathever.
I have no problem with old otclient builds, like the ones posted here on otland builds thread
Anyone with the same problem?

I have the same problem, using visual 15, on windows 10 64 bits, my otclient no open and no errors... i just got some warnings after compile.

I have the same problem, using visual 15, on windows 10 64 bits, my otclient no open and no errors... i just got some warnings after compile.
I have also that problem with the appveyor automated builds from otland/otclient...

My first time compiling last otclient, i got a error AL/h in sound/declarations source.
Changed <al/al.h> and <al/alc.h>
After this fix, my otclient no open after compile, idk why

My first time compiling last otclient, i got a error AL/h in sound/declarations source.
Changed <al/al.h> and <al/alc.h>
After this fix, my otclient no open after compile, idk why
I'm not talking only about self compiled ones, I talk about some builds like automated builds from otland/otclient
On other computers I can open the same otclient, but not in mine, I was asking to know what can be the problem to no open with no errors

There's an issue that we're trying to solve. The problem is physfs.dll. The OTClient compiled by AppVeyor doesn't start but if I copy the physfs.dll compiled locally into the OTClient downloaded from AppVeyor, it works.

I don't know why yet.

There's an issue that we're trying to solve. The problem is physfs.dll. The OTClient compiled by AppVeyor doesn't start but if I copy the physfs.dll compiled locally into the OTClient downloaded from AppVeyor, it works.

I don't know why yet.
Curiously, the same appveyor downloaded otclient starts normally on my laptop ¿?

What's your Windows version and build?
That's the PC where it doesn't start
0XhRh2u.png

I don't know why yet.
I compiled the client on that PC (VS 2017 and vcpkg method) and doesn't start, also I copied the local compiled dll on the appveyor downloaded one and still doesn't start.
Maybe it can be a problem from my Windows build, but I still haven't found the source for the problem.
Some old otclients start without problems also on that PC (the one from otland forum builds for example)

I bring the issue up in the OTC github, instead of trying to help, my issue is instantly closed by Ironyt.. xD

Seems like Ironyt closes a lot of issues for some reason, whereas half of those issues are already fixed on his server? (hmm)

From what i've read some ppl who make the switch from visual studio to codeblocks solves the issue.

I have this issue as well compiling in vs, its on about 10%-15% of machine s/ (Older machines 32 bit on any windows version ive seen this bug on both windows 7 and 10(not 64 bit if that helps))

Stacktrace isnt very helpful and the program fails to start on any compatibility mode. Tried different build versions, 2015, 2017...
At first thought it was an antivirus trigger but its not. Weird bug :/.

I havent tried compiling on a different machine yet.

hard to debug because dont have continuous access to a bugged machine trying to open the client :/

Will post more if I find anything.

Last edited:
It seems some devs have solved this issue or dont have it when they compile, however when I bring the issue up in the OTC github, instead of trying to help, my issue is instantly closed by Ironyt.. xD

Seems like Ironyt closes a lot of issues for some reason, whereas half of those issues are already fixed on his server? (hmm)

From what i've read some ppl who make the switch from visual studio to codeblocks solves the issue.

I have this issue as well compiling in vs, its on about 10%-15% of machine s/ (Older machines 32 bit on any windows version ive seen this bug on both windows 7 and 10(not 64 bit if that helps))

Stacktrace isnt very helpful and the program fails to start on any compatibility mode. Tried different build versions, 2015, 2017...

hard to debug because dont have continuous access to a bugged machine trying to open the client :/

Codeblocks have the same problem for me.
Iryont closed my issue too.
On otland/otclient it's open, let's see if they can help us.

It seems some devs have solved this issue or dont have it when they compile, however when I bring the issue up in the OTC github, instead of trying to help, my issue is instantly closed by Ironyt.. xD

Here is an idea use working sources and compile those. Once you have a working source then update the working sources to the latest sources by hand. All you need is a differential tool such as meld which runs on both windows & linux. This method of updating can take a lot of time but it will help you find bugs within the code that you can either fix yourself or address whomever is maintaining the project,

Just posting compile errors doesn't mean people are going to be able to help you. Now posting actual code will make it easier for others to assess the problem and find a solution.

What modifications have in this exe?

Ninjalulz attemp to fix idle animations and

AWARE_UNDEGROUND_FLOOR_RANGE = 4,

Shouldn't matter for this issue.

it doesn't start on mine, same windows version and build...
It's very dissapointing.

There must be something wrong on your end OS related. I can confirm that .exe works just fine on 5 different machines (most of them this OS version too)

Ninjalulz attemp to fix idle animations and

AWARE_UNDEGROUND_FLOOR_RANGE = 4,

Shouldn't matter for this issue.

There must be something wrong on your end OS related. I can confirm that .exe works just fine on 5 different machines (most of them this OS version too)
I also tried the same files on a brand new installation of windows on another computer today, same version and build, and I have the same problem.
And older builds of otclient or some recent downloaded clients from private servers are working... (for example last build of otclient downloaded from this forum is working)

Last edited:
I also tried the same files on a brand new installation of windows on another computer today, same version and build, and I have the same problem.
And older builds of otclient or some recent downloaded clients from private servers are working...
is your OS 64 or 32? Those who cant open my client only have 32 so far.. I made sure they have service packs too so no issue there.

They can open medivia client but no other otclient. cant open any other otclient apparently like the problem you are having.

Last edited:
Back