• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OTClient Mod] Auto Screenshot and Fast Screenshot

MagicWall

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, I want to present two new modules: game_autoscreenshot and client_fastscreenshot.
I have presented possibility to making screenshots in OTClient in this post: [OTClient Showoff], now all was be finished and added to OtLand OTClient github repo. It's forked otland repo from main OTClient repository (more info here: Project needs a new maintainers).

This modules work only with latest https://github.com/otland/otclient sources (406281e and higher).

Screenshots are located in "global" otclient folder (Windows: C:/Users/UserName/otclient/[module name folder]).

game_autoscreenshot is module who make automatically screenshot when we gain level, skill or when character dead.

otlient_auto_screenshot.png

otclient_game_autoscreenshot.gif

client_fastscreenshot is module who provide to make fast screenshot by one click.

otclient_client_fastscreenshot.gif

Download:
game_autoscreenshot
client_fastscreenshot

Now I don't have much time, so possible fixes/features will be added with delay.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the contribution, I'm following your other threads on OTClient too, thanks for bringing in new mods often ^ _ ^

@MagicWall
love the feature, unfortunatly all i get is black screens..
Yes i got latest sources. Anything that can influence the screenshot function?

Hey, Ive got this error how can I fix this?
Code:
C1083    Cannot open include file: 'AL/al.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\framework\core\graphicalapplication.cpp)    otclient    c:\users\anothai\desktop\otclient-master\src\framework\sound\declarations.h    30

Hey, Ive got this error how can I fix this?
Code:
C1083    Cannot open include file: 'AL/al.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\framework\core\graphicalapplication.cpp)    otclient    c:\users\anothai\desktop\otclient-master\src\framework\sound\declarations.h    30

on decalrations.h, intead of AL\al.h put

#include <al.h>
#include <alc.h>

@MagicWall
love the feature, unfortunatly all i get is black screens..
Yes i got latest sources. Anything that can influence the screenshot function?
The same as up ^ I've got transparent (black) screens

I wrote a github comment that you might find usefull
Wouldn't glReadPixels read screen pixels, instead of windows pixels? Meaning, if I have, for example, Teamspeak on half of OTClient window while doing a screenshot, it would get a screenshot of that teamspeak window too?
Wouldn't it be better to use GetDIBits overall and pass HWND so we get only window we are interested in?
Code:
   WIN32Window *window = (WIN32Window*)&g_window;
    if (window) 
        HWND handle = window->getWindow();
Also, I don't think it'll work on every windows machine. Try it with Windows 7 and desktop composition setting enabled - you will probably get white/black screen instead of a screenshot.

TL;DR Try to "disable desktop composition" in windows setting. This is not ideal scenario, tho.

I wrote a github comment that you might find usefull

TL;DR Try to "disable desktop composition" in windows setting. This is not ideal scenario, tho.

Couldn't find the comment on github.. i guess the quoted post is the comment your talking about?
Appericiate a lot! Thank you Ochmar! and thanks again to magicwall

Animera

Last edited:
@MagicWall How would you do client_fastscreenshot is module who provide to make a fast screenshot by one click and putting it into hotkeys?

Anyone can help me?? This error appears! Using protocol 7.72

ERROR: lua function callback failed: LUA ERROR:
/game_autoscreenshot/game_autoscreenshot.lua:97: attempt to call field 'makeScreenShot' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'makeScreenShot'
/game_autoscreenshot/game_autoscreenshot.lua:97: in function </game_autoscreenshot/game_autoscreenshot.lua:96>

You are missing makeScreenShot function so I am assuming you have not compiled sources

Back