• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

otcvlientv8 missing data/things on mac

ffrtyu

Reaction score
Hello, I finally install otcv8 on macos using xQuartz, but after running it, selecting the version and logging in, I get information about missing files in the data directory, in fact there is no directory with the version there.
Where can I get it for version 8.0?
I see that this is not on git either
otclient/data/things at master · edubart/otclient (https://github.com/edubart/otclient/tree/master/data/things) or here
otclient/data/things at main · mehah/otclient (https://github.com/mehah/otclient/tree/main/data/things)
I assume that it may be a matter of some updater that does not start after selecting the version.
Logs:
ERROR: Failed to read dat '/things/800/Tibia.dat': unable to open file '/things/800/Tibia.dat': not found'
ERROR: Failed to load sprites from '/things/800/Tibia.spr': unable to open file '/things/800/Tibia.spr': not found

There's been so many threads regarding this... The error message literally says what you need >.<

1. get rid of mac, it's crap, get windows or linux
2. OTClient/Data - if you can't see folder 'things' just create it. Inside 'things' folder create another one called '800'
3. Download tibia.dat and tibia.spr for tibia 8.0 OR if you have tibia 8.0 installed just take .spr & .dat file from the tibia folder. OR just install tibia 8.0 and get the files from installed tibia.
4. Copy paste them into '800' folder.
5. done.

///edit
those questions appear quite often for mac users, i dunno, you can't read? can't use 'search' or google?
It's not even about knowledge of Tibia or Otclient, it's basic understanding of the error message (&english language) and basic usage of google

//edit2
& i don't mean to be rude (it's nothing personal, obviously). I also ask stupid questions sometimes but not when the error message literally says what you are missing and where.

Last edited:
Where can I get it for version 8.0?
Every Tibia Client .dat and .spr in .zip (unzip it to data/things, it will create directory ex.800 with Tibia.dat and Tibia.spr inside):
OTSME DL - data/tibia-clients/dat_and_spr (https://downloads.ots.me/?dir=data/tibia-clients/dat_and_spr)
You can also download multiple Tibia versions at once:
OTSME DL - data/tibia-clients/dat_and_spr_collections (https://downloads.ots.me/?dir=data/tibia-clients/dat_and_spr_collections)

I assume that it may be a matter of some updater that does not start after selecting the version.
There is no updater. You have to download files manually. These are Tibia Client proprietary files. Open source project can't keep them as part of project.

Last edited:
ERROR: Failed to load sprites from '/things/800/Tibia.spr': unable to open file '/things/800/Tibia.spr': not found
The error message literally says what you need
I can't say it's just Mac problem. Most of time I'm working on Linux and I have the same problems. Luckily I already know fixes for Linux (Mac) - as Windows user.

There is no instruction how to get X.XX tibia .spr/.dat files for any OTClient.
I've typed this error in google and got 5 answers not fixing anything ( ERROR: Failed to load sprites from '/things/800/Tibia.spr': unable to open file '/things/800/Tibia.spr': not found - Google Search (https://www.google.com/search?q=ERROR%3A+Failed+to+load+sprites+from+%27%2Fthings%2F800%2FTibia.spr%27%3A+unable+to+open+file+%27%2Fthings%2F800%2FTibia.spr%27%3A+not+found) ) and 1st result is pointing to this thread with real answer (my answer).

Checked edubart/OTCv8/Mehah 'wiki', there are information how to compile on Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, but no information how to get .dat/.spr files for given Tibia client.

As I said. These files are proprietary Tibia Client (ex. Tibia 8.00) files and you cannot deliver them with any other game client (open source ex. OTC). User has to 'find out' how to get them (ex. my downloads.ots.me host or some Google Drive).

Dzięki Gesior.pl dostałem to czego potrzebowałem i nawet więcej.

Dercos chciałeś być rycerzem na białym koniu a wyszło że jesteś koniem na białym rycerzu.

1. I totally don't care what you think about Macs, you may think that the best gaming device is a Raspberry Pi or a Pegasus.
2. You know that Google works differently than when you created an account here, when I enter fire sword, behemoth does not get results related to Tibia
3. I simply asked where I should get these files, whether I should install Tibia on Windows and then copy it, or maybe I could find it somewhere. And you accuse me of not understanding the message.
4. Whatever it was, you reminded me of when I was 12 years old and there were posts like this on the forum. Thanks, there's a twinkle in my eye.
3rd result when using search option here on the forum:
All you had to do is type
ERROR: Failed to read dat from
Or
ERROR: Failed to load sprites from
This also comes up on google - not sure which position but 1st page of results - but you'd need to be smart enough to add otland to the searching phrase. There's more threads there in the search result that would fix ur problem.

3. Install on Windows and copy 🥲 smart.

Back