• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

othire 0.0.3 pvp arena

Malek

Reaction score
Hey guys someone know how to make a pvp arena script on othire engine? i think othire dont have function onPrepareDeath.

Exactly what I mean is how a player gets transferred to the depot and he is not killed (pvp arena)

I am not sure fully if this is what you hope for, but on the latest version of OTHIRE we created an arena on Peora, using the RME map and the PVP tool; then modified rune scripts to make them uncountable in that area. The final result:

No skills, equipment, or levels are lost upon death and runes will become unlimited. However, rings, potions, arrows, and desintegrate runes will be used as normal.

When you die, you end up in your town's temple. You might also be able to adjust scripts to make rings/arrows/potions etc. not countable; pvp is not so popular on our server so we left it very basic.

I hope this is close to what you were looking for, good luck!

I am not sure fully if this is what you hope for, but on the latest version of OTHIRE we created an arena on Peora, using the RME map and the PVP tool; then modified rune scripts to make them uncountable in that area. The final result:

No skills, equipment, or levels are lost upon death and runes will become unlimited. However, rings, potions, arrows, and desintegrate runes will be used as normal.

When you die, you end up in your town's temple. You might also be able to adjust scripts to make rings/arrows/potions etc. not countable; pvp is not so popular on our server so we left it very basic.

I hope this is close to what you were looking for, good luck!

It works for me that I have 2 bars in the depot and a lever. one player immediately stands on the bars and one of them uses the lever. It teleports them to the arena, which is just a map where they can fight. On the old engine it worked so that they could use anything, the runes would run out, but only when one of the players had 0 hp would they automatically throw him to the depot, without losing anything and without dying

It sounds like nearly the same, instead of any bars or levers, we just have a tp you can enter, but you could arrange entrance to arena with bars and lever easily. In ours, when you have 0 hps you end up in your temple of your hometown, losing nothing and without dying.
We changed rune scripts so people could fight without losing runes. Also we made it so a whole town was an arena, so players could have fun running around houses, stairs, etc.

Try the PVP function in RME and see if that plus an entry script instead of a tp, and modifications to the rune scripts (and arrows, potions, etc.) do give you the hoped for result. I am not fully sure how to make the player come back to depot at 0 HPS, could it be some modification to the login via setting a storage if you "die" in the arena? Since you do not truly die, I am not sure if that will work. Hopefully someone better will come to help, we just have a basic arena that you enter from a temple. Good luck!

I don't recall making any type of tp to depot script, but we did make the arena long ago, so for safety please test the PVP function and make sure it works in the way you hope of it. I tested ours now, and you don't "die" as in log out or such, but just end up in your home depot when you reach 0 HPS, as normal, with no missing anything. Good luck!

Back