• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTland's Official OT: 'The Forgotten Lands' [Community Project]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, that sounds good. If they don't want to be a part of the project, then screw them. We don't need a little 100x100 area of map that we can either revamp or make our own better version of it anyways. And if we're going 9.1 I'm attempting to download the Forgotten Map Editor right now. I'm not sure how well it's going to work, but I'm sure gonna give it a shot.

Never had much respect for you leftwing but this is a new low hahahahaha

Problem solved.

123rteg.png

I have removed all pieces from other projects to satisfy both Henkos and Evil Hero. Please stick ontopic and avoid flaming.

Sincerely,
Leftwing

lets wait untill more mappers shows up and complain about u using their maps ;]

ontopic: cool project

@using other maps flaming,
Why even care? are any of you actually going to use any of your "works"?.
Looks more like you want your work to be colecting dust in a corner and never see the light of a day again..

If I would be you, I wouldn't care at all..
Because in the end, I'd be able to say and be proud, "This server have a piece of map that's mine :D:D:D:D".

It's more of a pride thing for mappers to make sure their works are not used for something else. Either way the fact that Henkos is complaining about something so miniscule is pathetic. The Shape has barely no resemblance to his and it's not even something worth complaining about. Evil Hero has a reason to complain as it was not mapped by me, I assumed that because the project was dead I could use it, but I assumed wrong and I will admit that.

Either way the problem has been dealt with, so let it be.

Sincerely,
Leftwing

nice to know that otland have a server now, and maybe i have some pieces to give to you left~ like goblin mountains..amazon towers and i think i can give you my city too..because i work in another map with others ideas. I'll be grateful to help :)

Ok guys, I'm not going to be able to map for a little bit until I can get one of these god damn map editors to work.. They're both giving me problems, and it's rather annoying I'm not gonna lie. RME doesn't work (Won't locate the files even though it's directed right.) And FME won't load the dll files and is giving me issues with some directory bullcrap. So if I get one of which to work, I'll start mapping asap.

@using other maps flaming,
Why even care? are any of you actually going to use any of your "works"?.
Looks more like you want your work to be colecting dust in a corner and never see the light of a day again..

If I would be you, I wouldn't care at all..
Because in the end, I'd be able to say and be proud, "This server have a piece of map that's mine :D:D:D:D".

Believe me when I say my maps are not collecting dust :) neither will Evil Hero's

People lets get back on topic and talk about what we want to do with this sever thats different. Not flamming what we are using.

Looks awesome! Eh, my server discussion needs a sticky to ;). (Haha just joking.)

I can't wait for updates.

I need scripting Ideas, if anyone has a good idea. drop me the details on a pm!

PM'd you

Guild levels. A guild gain levels by winning war mode, hunting together and by doing teamquests.
The guild can unlock features as the guild gain levels;
Extra loot or/and experience for a certain amount of time - with a cooldown ofcourse,
Extra attack speed for members attacking the same target as the leader - Passive?
Defense/Damage/Magic damage/Magic resistance based on the guilds levels. This should not be high at all. 5% - 10% maxed out? Maybe no bonus in pvp?
Higher bonuses as the guild reach higher levels.

It should NOT be easy to gain guild levels. It would take some goddamn time to level a guild. The more players hunting together or in different groups, the faster the guild will level ofcourse.
Must be 4+ hunting together(?) to get experience for the guild and for the bonuses to work you must attack the same creature(like shared experience in a party) or if you're a driuid - heal the team once every minute. Just so healers may concentrate on healing.

Last edited:
PM'd you

Guild levels. A guild gain levels by winning war mode, hunting together and by doing teamquests.
The guild can unlock features as the guild gain levels;
Extra loot or/and experience for a certain amount of time - with a cooldown ofcourse,
Extra attack speed for members attacking the same target as the leader - Passive?
Defense/Damage/Magic damage/Magic resistance based on the guilds levels. This should not be high at all. 5% - 10% maxed out? Maybe no bonus in pvp?
Higher bonuses as the guild reach higher levels.

It should NOT be easy to gain guild levels. It would take some goddamn time to level a guild. The more players hunting together or in different groups, the faster the guild will level ofcourse.
Must be 4+ hunting together(?) to get experience for the guild and for the bonuses to work you must attack the same creature(like shared experience in a party) or if you're a driuid - heal the team once every minute. Just so healers may concentrate on healing.
Liked the Idea, will start with a small concept to see how it works out. I will try it to be that only Guild Leader and the vice leader(s) to be able to form groups of 4(Minimum) so they can grow the guilds level.

Customization of spells, Maybe i can help in that area :3 I got a system im doing can tell you more via msn, I miss doing spells :(

Customization of spells, Maybe i can help in that area :3 I got a system im doing can tell you more via msn, I miss doing spells :(

Sure thing, all help is appreciated! your spells will always be welcome!

Keeeeep it up people!!! Let's do that! Ima help mapping and scripting!!!

Edit: I realy hope my noobish mapping and scripts are accepted though. :(

Keeeeep it up people!!! Let's do that! Ima help mapping and scripting!!!

Edit: I realy hope my noobish mapping and scripts are accepted though. :(

Not to worry, if they need to fixing or improvising we will do so. What really matters is the idea and the effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back