• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Paying for script

fish04k

Reaction score
Looking for a simple script that im sure someone cant make.

What im looking to do is have a script that can read and change the person name in game temporary? and then change it back?

willing to pay for a simple script like this. If you need more info or dont understand pm me.

Ofc It is possible with a Sql server but the Player will get kicked :D
Then change the name at the DB and tadda here you go(really Easy todo with lua :/) :D

BTW.: How munch will you pay for that?^^

Yours,
MicBird

Ofc It is possible with a Sql server but the Player will get kicked :D
Then change the name at the DB and tadda here you go(really Easy todo with lua :/) :D

BTW.: How munch will you pay for that?^^

Yours,
MicBird
Read\/
in game temporary
And yes with luaSQL it's kinda easy to do but you will need to relog and i think he wont the script this way....

@Master-m thats why i typed 98% sure because i know any1 will say luaSQL :p

you need to create an lua function that sends the necessary sql string to the database, this can only be done by editing the source and will compromise your server security

an easier way is to re-design the way characters are named, you would need to right click someone to see their name, would not compromise your game's security and would get more options for name choices, this can be done with tfs .2 and higher, but since this is not what you requested, i will only say goodluck to ya, if you do end up finding a code, giving the ability to edit names in this way is a bad idea >.>..but just imho..

the loophole in the naming system is within the ingame guild-id nicks, you can create multiple guilds within the function doPlayerSetGuildNick as well as a larger character name design >.>...i won't go into detail, but this is how i would overcome this obstacle as well as bring forth a nostalgic feeling of the original tibia <3

(this needs no source editing but simple configuration edits within the account maker and settings of the database), have fun, ciao~

you need to create an lua function that sends the necessary sql string to the database, this can only be done by editing the source and will compromise your server security

an easier way is to re-design the way characters are named, you would need to right click someone to see their name, would not compromise your game's security and would get more options for name choices, this can be done with tfs .2 and higher, but since this is not what you requested, i will only say goodluck to ya, if you do end up finding a code, giving the ability to edit names in this way is a bad idea >.>..but just imho..

the loophole in the naming system is within the ingame guild-id nicks, you can create multiple guilds within the function doPlayerSetGuildNick as well as a larger character name design >.>...i won't go into detail, but this is how i would overcome this obstacle as well as bring forth a nostalgic feeling of the original tibia <3

(this needs no source editing but simple configuration edits within the account maker and settings of the database), have fun, ciao~

Ya rly, you can't do this with Lua without kicking him... Even hiding the names u can't do in Lua >.>

1. kick player
2. use luasql to change the name
3. when player logs in name got changed o_O

use addevent to do the same but then change the name back.

I said without kicking noobak... And kicking him would rather make him confused if he's pl (no offence to smart pls)

:D :D :D

Also he need to close character list and retype his acc/pass... And I don't think requester want this o_O

You can't change someones name without them logging off. Players' name is set during login, thats how the protocol works.

I did this because I love bumping. ehehehe.

Old Threads <3

Code:
function onSay(cid, words, param, channel)
	local newName = param
	local selfName = getCreatureName(cid)

if (newName == "") then
		return TRUE
	end

doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, "Your name has been changed, but you need to login again.")
	doRemoveCreature(cid)
	db.executeQuery("UPDATE `players` SET `name` = '".. newName .."' WHERE `name` = '".. selfName .."'")

return TRUE
end

Old Threads <3

Code:
function onSay(cid, words, param, channel)
	local newName = param
	local selfName = getCreatureName(cid)

if (newName == "") then
		return TRUE
	end

doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, "Your name has been changed, but you need to login again.")
	doRemoveCreature(cid)
	db.executeQuery("UPDATE `players` SET `name` = '".. newName .."' WHERE `name` = '".. selfName .."'")

return TRUE
end
What about check if there's a such name in db?

Back