• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Peroxide's Real-Map Project

Would you play a remodeled Real Map?

• Total voters
I think I'd play. I just wanna see how it developes and if I like in what it becomes (not only in mapping).
Also, I could donate something, msg me on skype, Alex.

Pretty neat idea the outcome so far is really good, something I would most definitely play.

Climate change is fantastic! Made me post something damn...
Quests concerning climate change would be great aswell, hmm, I'll def follo this, gl!

Slight minimap update, will keep main post updated with most recent minimap
ePEeG-.png

You probably have already said this but, why are you keeping thais?

Also, could you hook me up with an empty real map as well? :p

You probably have already said this but, why are you keeping thais?

Also, could you hook me up with an empty real map as well? :p
Reasons being for keeping Thais was to keep the playings sense of direction. I usually hate starting out in custom cities because I know where nothing is.
Players will receive the option to choose their home towns but before choosing they will be warned that if they decide to start in a custom city everything will be new to them.

And yeah, I'll upload the shape here soon.

Will you make a city like kazz? Love the feeling of hunting dwarfs for some reason haha.

Must say im abit chockt how good you are at mapping, this is gonna be a fun server to play once its done :)

This will be very interesting to follow. Looking great so far, if you complete this (yes I say if - this is some crazy amount of work you got ahead of you if you're planning on revamping all of the real tibia map) then I'm sure you'll have plenty of people who would be interested in playing your server. :)

Good luck Peroxide :D

And thank you for the real tibia map shape, much appreciated. :) Cheers

As there is already real maps out there, why do you start to create it from scratch again when you can just edit the ones that are out... would save you some time. But good luck i will be checking in once a week!

As there is already real maps out there, why do you start to create it from scratch again when you can just edit the ones that are out... would save you some time. But good luck i will be checking in once a week!
I don't know if you understood the fact that I am not "revamping" real map but rather remaking it. Different things in different areas. Think of it like making a pizza on a pre made pizza base.

I don't know if you understood the fact that I am not "revamping" real map but rather remaking it. Different things in different areas. Think of it like making a pizza on a pre made pizza base.
Ah yeah well good luck to you.

If your server is going to use TFS 1.0, you may apply climate changes easily by loading diff maps, using funcion:
Game.loadMap('data/world/worldchange.otbm')

eg. onThink:
if getGlobalStorageValue(280) == -1 then
if math.random(1, 50) == 7 then
setGlobalStorageValue(280, 1)
Game.loadMap('data/world/worldchange.otbm')
end
end

It works as function import in RME, but doesn't save your map so you have to restart server to unload that.

Back