• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Pixel Art Challenge 1 (Series #2) - Elemental Spell Icons

Shadowsong

Game Developer & Graphic Designer
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
ShivaShadowsong
Intro
Hey everyone! As you know, last year, Anevis held 18 sprite challenges which were pretty fun and had some crazy innovative sprites posted in them, however, due to him being busy and a slight decline in activity on this board section, he stopped hosting them.

I'm here to revive the challenges with a new series which will consist of 20 challenges throughout the course of 40 weeks.

If you go to the Hall of Winners, you can see all the details about previous winners, challenges and winning works. I will keep documenting the progress from this series in that same thread under the Series 2 header.

Challenge
TOPIC: Elemental Spell Icons
INFO: You need to create 4 spell icons, each representing a spell (any spell you imagine) of a single element.
The elements are: fire, ice, earth, and energy.

Do not make borders for your spell icon. I will do that later for each spell for a nicer presentation. Your job is only to make the icon content. A full frame of 32x32 should be filled with color.
Rules

Color count: Unrestricted
Size: 32 x 32

Animation allowed: No
Format: PNG

1. When you are done with your sprite, send it to my inbox with the following title and description:

Code:
Title: PAC #1 - My Entry

Text message:
Should contain a short description and your sprite (posted with the tag) for preview.

2. Do not show your sprite to anyone/anywhere before voting starts.
3. You must create this sprite from scratch, no edits to other people's sprites, copying other people's work, tracing or similar stuff.
4. You may post up to 3 "changes" to your submitted sprite in the same inbox message if you decide to change something in your sprite

before the voting starts.
5. Do not plead other people to vote for your sprite. Let the voting be totally unbiased and anonymous.
6. Do not vote for yourself during the voting poll.

Any rule violation will yield an immediate disqualification.

Deadline

Since this is the first challenge, I will give you 2 weeks to prepare your sprites. The challenge ends on the 10th of June (10/06/2016) and voting will begin then.​

Scoring System

C6o5UfD.png
nBx2hmJ.png
yLDRPvQ.png
Sr5qfd9.png

The first place wins a Golden Medal (3 points).
The second place wins a Silver Medal (2 points).
The third place wins a Bronze Medal (1 points).
Winning 5 golden medals during the series will grant you a Crystal Medal (bonus 5 points).

You can check your stats and ranking in the Hall of Winners.

Last edited:
Great initiative! I invite you all to take part in the contest :) It should be great fun for everyone!

So your border will cover our spells or would it be outside the 32x32 work space?

awesome shiva! cool that u bring this challenges back, i hope i get some time to do them :D :D

There are not enough entries for the challenge to be concluded.
The deadline will be pushed to 10th June 2016.

We need 2 more entries at least. Let's go people, you can do this :D You don't have to be a professional spriter to participate, just start working on something for fun.

Hows the entries going?

Back