• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Playstation 3 vs. Xbox 360

Playstation 3 vs. Xbox 360

• Total voters
TILFen, why bring up articles that are written by PS3 slappies?
Each system has their own advantages. There are things that Xbox 360 has that PS3 doesn't have and there are things that PS3 has that Xbox 360 doesn't have.
It will be that way whether you like it or not, I tend to be on the Xbox 360 side primarily because more people have it, thus more people play online.
If you want graphics and performance, get PS3, if you want more entertainment, get Xbox 360. It depends on what you like.
Last post from me here.

TILFen, why bring up articles that are written by PS3 slappies?
Each system has their own advantages. There are things that Xbox 360 has that PS3 doesn't have and there are things that PS3 has that Xbox 360 doesn't have.
It will be that way whether you like it or not, I tend to be on the Xbox 360 side primarily because more people have it, thus more people play online.
If you want graphics and performance, get PS3, if you want more entertainment, get Xbox 360. It depends on what you like.
Last post from me here.

So you say that Xbox gives you more entertainment?

Word Neon! :D

I currently own a PS3 and I'm satisfied with it. I used to own an Xbox 360 Elite, and was satisfied with that, too (my reason for getting rid of it had nothing to do with the system). Both systems are considerably decent. While the Xbox 360 provides slightly better (not so noticeable) graphics, the Playstation 3 offers free online play. Xbox 360 has more online players, but Playstation 3 has way more than enough to even notice the difference unless you were to somehow look up the statistics. I didn't mind paying for Xbox Live too much, but I have to say that I haven't missed paying for it since I bought my Playstation 3. One of the interesting things about the Playstation 3 is that it doesn't function at its full capacity. It is capable of a lot more with the hardware that it holds inside. One of the features that the Playstation 3 has that (in my opinion) sets it a bit above the Xbox 360, even though most people now days have a seperate console which provides this, is the Blueray capability. I have thought about purchasing the 360 again so that I could play Halo (god, I miss Halo!) again like old times, but I think I'll hold off until they redesign their controller. I prefer the Playstation 3 controllers a lot more than the 360's, as the joysticks on it are a lot more accurate and smooth.

If I had to vote for one or the other, I'd vote Playstation 3. :)

So you say that Xbox gives you more entertainment?

Word Neon! :D

I agree with Evan, xbox 360 does have things PS3 doesn't, we pay for our service but we also get some exclusive deals, we get DLC for popular games like Modern Warfare and Skyrim a month earlier than Ps3 and PC users.

I'm a xbox player, I recently played ps3, but I wasn't familiar with its menu's etc, I liked Killzone 3, the graphics were extremely good, and I got the hang of shit quickly, but I still prefer xbox 360 for the online play.

PS3 Graphics = win
Xbox 360 Online Services = Win

This song says it all, (old song)
[video=youtube;R98qC0fd_1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w[/video]

Edit:
Both consoles have good games. but the xbox is nice for me

Both consoles have good games?, ha-ha, xbox definetly got better games than ps3, everybody knows that.
Definetely playstation 3.

You can download movies from Internet, put them on USB disk and play them on the PS3 system. Never have to buy DVDs and BlueRay stuff. <3
And this is a default option, dont have to do any magic tricks. :)

And you dont have to pay for playstation network. Like on Xbox.

You can download movies from Internet and put them on USB disk and play them on the Xbox 360. And if you're buying a PS3 for BlueRay, you're just stupid

And I rather pay for XBL then play on the PlayStation Network, XBL is much better in every way. It like 90 bucks for 1 year (here in Sweden)
Word, you can download any movie at your computer and put it in a usb, then play it on a Xbox.

PS3:
- Built in internet browser.
- Can watch & browse youtube, watch videos in full hd.
- Runs BluRay and DVDs.
- Graphic dynamics better than Xbox 360
- free online play

And if I have PS3, why the hell buy a bluRay player? Who is stupid? <.<
Thats why xbox is just so... sad. :p

~Rambapapam rambapapam rambapapam, man down!~

Phil Harrison yeah you know best!, except you didn't beta test!, Sure I can surf the net, but I can't find my gaming friends, you said halo 3, dont worry you, instead you offer killzone 2, but killzone 1, sucked before (IGN 7.5, gamespot 6.9), soo what made you think we wanted more (8)

then ignore you don't need to pay for online, dont make it fun like xboxlive, use blueray, which I don't need, now you are getting your ass kicked by the wii (8)

Sony you went wrong with your ps3, now Ill keep playing my 360, hope this song has helped you understand, now you know, how you killed your brand (8)

Also, with the christmas update, xbox is gettint Bling, youtube, and voice commands (you can completley control your xbox with your voice, and alot more...)
IRRELEVANT - Built in internet browser. (I got a computer and can already do this on Xbox 360)
IRRELEVANT - Can watch & browse youtube, watch videos in full hd. (I got a computer and can already do this on Xbox 360 HD TOO)
IRRELEVANT - Runs BluRay and DVDs. (Xbox can play DVDs too, BluRay player is cheaper)
IRRELEVANT - Graphic dynamics better than Xbox 360 (Does anyone really give a shit? It's hardly noticeable between the two)
IRRELEVANT - free online play (See my comment on this)

~Rambapapam rambapapam rambapapam, man down!~

Ignore that you don't need to pay for online, don't make it fun like xbox live (8)!

People are so sensitive on internet play costs, get a life.
25 bucks for 3 months, holy shit I'm going bankrupt, I make that much in 1 day.

Another thing, IGN doesn't rule the world, everything doesn't rely on them.
Did you read the article, technologically, PS3 is better, but from an entertainment standpoint, Xbox 360 is better.
I'd rather have fun playing a wider range of games then having extra processing speed and free networking.

My vote: Xbox 360

WORD.

It's enough with God of War ;D
Halo 1,2,3, Reach, Anniversary, 4, 5 and 6 (comming soon)?, oh, what about Gears of War 1, 2 and 3?, or maybe Fable 1, 2, 3? what else do you want? :S

Last edited:
Another reason why Playstation 3 is better. :3

And I don't really want to say it but without the HD textures on the game almost looks worse than Treyarch's CoD engine. Every small object is blurred, there are very small objects that are in the HD texture that are missing in the non-HD screenshot. All I can say is its a hot mess. Yet, its sad to say its too late to fix now. Since PS3 will have the HD textures pre-loaded in their blu-ray disc, they are already covered. But for people with older xbox 360's with maybe only 20GB's of storage of Arcades, you will have a hard time enjoying the graphics of this game. But if you don't have the 1.5GB's required to download this I recommend you clear out you hard drive, because those texture packs are going to be mandatory. Or if you do have no or little space left, I would recommend going out and getting a 2GB USB thumb drive to download the textures on.

This song says it all, (old song)
[video=youtube;R98qC0fd_1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w[/video]

Edit:

Both consoles have good games?, ha-ha, xbox definetly got better games than ps3, everybody knows that.

Word, you can download any movie at your computer and put it in a usb, then play it on a Xbox.

Phil Harrison yeah you know best!, except you didn't beta test!, Sure I can surf the net, but I can't find my gaming friends, you said halo 3, dont worry you, instead you offer killzone 2, but killzone 1, sucked before (IGN 7.5, gamespot 6.9), soo what made you think we wanted more (8)

then ignore you don't need to pay for online, dont make it fun like xboxlive, use blueray, which I don't need, now you are getting your ass kicked by the wii (8)

Sony you went wrong with your ps3, now Ill keep playing my 360, hope this song has helped you understand, now you know, how you killed your brand (8)

Also, with the christmas update, xbox is gettint Bling, youtube, and voice commands (you can completley control your xbox with your voice, and alot more...)

Ignore that you don't need to pay for online, don't make it fun like xbox live (8)!

WORD.

Halo 1,2,3, Reach, Anniversary, 4, 5 and 6 (comming soon)?, oh, what about Gears of War 1, 2 and 3?, or maybe Fable 1, 2, 3? what else do you want? :S

Halo (Worst game ever played.)
And yeah, Gears of War is a really good game, but nothing that I would be like "I NEEED THIS SHIT"

I am PS3 owner, but there are some cool things on Xbox 360 what i like. I kinda find the achievement system with points cooler than PS3 trophies system. Also i would like to listen to the music sometimes while I'm gaming :p Well but these things are small compared to the pluses i have on PS3, Hurray for Blu-ray reader, playing some bigger games on 2 DVD's are pain i can imagine. Also built in Wifi is great, I don't know if these new xbox slims have it as well or not. Also ive heard a lot less about YLOD's than ROD's.

Back