• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Polish mourning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the tragic accident near Smolensk, Russia, where Polish president, Lech Kaczyński together with his wife, Maria and part of government staff (including most of Polish Army chief generals, priests) lost their lives due to aeroplane crash we, OtLand staff want to share the pain with you, as there are many of you between us. 96 people were flying on government's Tupolev 154M, all of them died.

Most of you just won't understand it, because you don't know what Katyn is and what Katyn gonna be now.
Kaczynski, has been traveling with a Polish delegation to Russia for the 70th anniversary of the Soviet massacre of Polish prisoners of war in the village of Katyn. Around 25,000 Poles, including soldiers and civilians, which were the "elite" of Poland, were executed there during World War II.
Though this is an OpenTibia community, we keep to believe in those mature members, which can understand this tragedy.

OtLand staff.
zaloba_04.gif

PS
I am very sad I've wrote this news by myself, but Talaturen, our head admin has no words to comment this.

Last edited:
This topic should've been posted in the Polish board, or Chit-chat. Not even discussion, because our discussion board is to talk about opentibia.

So, if posting announcements about a certain country is allowed and necessary, it should be about Sweden, only. Else, you guys have a lot of threads to post.

And to the next poster... you know I am right.

How did you know Archez, I do know you are right! You're good.

I've just heard in sunday in centre of London on Trafagar Square, there is gonna be HUGE screen with live transmission from Poland of funeral.

And also over 100 politics from USA were talking about this accident and they didn't have words to describe this, so don't say it's only Polish problem or accident, get some newspaper and I will guarantee u that u will find some information about it.

They may be part of the union, but what has this krustykrab dude done for the union?
Last post from me, I've been warned to not go "off-topic".

Over and out.

What have the US done without terrorising the countries? I bet they've done so much "good" things, or am I wrong, Lost ignorant propaganda feeding boy?

I've just heard in sunday in centre of London on Trafagar Square, there is gonna be HUGE screen with live transmission from Poland of funeral.

And also over 100 politics from USA were talking about this accident and they didn't have words to describe this, so don't say it's only Polish problem or accident, get some newspaper and I will guarantee u that u will find some information about it.

who said its only Polish's problem? I merely was trying to prove its not otlands problem.

Sorry, my mistake; I forgot to mention after "...a certain country...", "... and a certain topic which is not related to opentibia ...".

How does other countries being compassionate towards the Polish people and their loss make it their problem?
I don't understand your logic at all.
You think because we have articles about it in our newspapers that it makes it our problem???
Do you not know the first priority of media? It's to make money off of stories like this. No shit it's gonna be in newspapers world-wide, it was a very tragic accident that affected an entire nation.
And don't even get me started on American politicians.

This thread should be in Polish boards.. I don't want to be mean, but most guys here that's not polish don't even know what the president name was..

Most guys don't care really.. they say it's tragic because someone died, and it was a plane crash..

for example, you polish guys, would you care if example the Swedish King family would die?
I bet most polish guys here doesn't even know the queens name.

Again, I'm basing this on facts I know (Believe)
if I'm wrong feel free to correct me, BUT ONLY do that if you got FACTS and not opinion, or if you want to flame on me..

R.I.P the Polish Leaders, even thought I've never heard of them earlier.

So, if posting announcements about a certain country is allowed and necessary, it should be about Sweden, only. Else, you guys have a lot of threads to post.

30% of our visitors are from Poland. This means a lot to them and I think you should at least show a bit of respect to what happend to their government. A forum about dogs, candy, OpenTibia or what ever, can still share the pain with them, right? At least we staff members do, and that is why this has been posted in announcements.

I didn't come here to argue about politics and I don't intend to.

Thanks for explaining what ignorance means, it's not like we americans are fluent in english (i hope you realize that that comment insulted your own intelligence).
Did I claim once to be the "best and the smartest"?
Quote me on it if I did because I don't recall.
You just made a broad generalization about an entire group of people.
That makes you a hypocrite because that is one of the best examples of ignorance.
It's thinking like that has caused some of the worst tragedies in human history (slavery, the holocaust).

I know how educated I am. Is it the children's fault that our country puts more emphasis on corporate bailouts than it does on education? No, and that is sad indeed.
I do completely agree with you on that point. Education in my country is being repressed by our political leaders and that is very wrong.
It is because the uneducated are much easier to control.
But if you have lived here for twelve years and aren't sympathetic towards the American people in that matter than you are one of the most insensitive, conceited people I have ever met (or just a hypocrite for being as equally unintelligent as the majority of the American people).

I never claimed that America is better than any other country, I have seen too much of the world to believe that. I hate President Obama and I don't think he has done anything for this country, or the world that deserves praise. But he is still the President of the United States which makes him one of the most influential people alive.

And of course this tragedy affects the world, but not significantly enough for anyone but the Polish people and some high-ranking military officials in the war (none of which are members of this forum) to be troubled by it. (oops, forgot I wasn't going to go into politics)

But do you think your country would be where it is today if it wasn't for us?
No. It wouldn't.
You would all be speaking German.

Ok first of all I explained what ignorance means because most of the americans I know don't know what it means, and use it incorrectly. I respect those americans which respect me and my situation, and since most americans aren't capable of that(the ones I know), then that's why I say that.

You think you actually saved someone in ww2, I won't go into that in detail. USA entered Europe in 1943, by that time the Germans were bound to lose after losing the battle of stalingrad. Furthermore the only real invasion by the americans came in 1944 when the soviets were already halfway across Poland. The ONLY reason USA joined the war is because Japan attacked them, not because of a sense of "goodness" like most of you claim. Do you know where you would be wihtout Poland? Do you know what Poland did in the war? I suggest you educate yourself on that topic before making stupid, IGNORANT comments like that.

30% of our visitors are from Poland. This means a lot to them and I think you should at least show a bit of respect to what happend to their government. A forum about dogs, candy, OpenTibia or what ever, can still share the pain with them, right? At least we staff members do, and that is why this has been posted in announcements.

http://otland.net/f14/polish-mourning-77172/index2.html#post791850

My post was mainly pointing towards the annoying people, but; with all due respect my administrator, why don't you staff members share the pain with other countries?

I would like to add; my second post in this thread might have been rude, and I didn't mean to sound rude, so I apologize for that.

Anyone who is intending to go off-topic from now about other things will get a warning-infraction.

My condolences to poland for their loses.

Sincerely,
Xenios

http://otland.net/f14/polish-mourning-77172/index2.html#post791850

My post was mainly pointing towards the annoying people, but; with all due respect my administrator, why don't you staff members share the pain with other countries?

I would like to add; my second post in this thread might have been rude, and I didn't mean to sound rude, so I apologize for that.

I agree with you in the sense, that other countries' tragedies should also be posted here. Such as Haiti.

Ok first of all I explained what ignorance means because most of the americans I know don't know what it means, and use it incorrectly. I respect those americans which respect me and my situation, and since most americans aren't capable of that(the ones I know), then that's why I say that.

You think you actually saved someone in ww2, I won't go into that in detail. USA entered Europe in 1943, by that time the Germans were bound to lose after losing the battle of stalingrad. Furthermore the only real invasion by the americans came in 1944 when the soviets were already halfway across Poland. The ONLY reason USA joined the war is because Japan attacked them, not because of a sense of "goodness" like most of you claim. Do you know where you would be wihtout Poland? Do you know what Poland did in the war? I suggest you educate yourself on that topic before making stupid, IGNORANT comments like that.
That doesn't surprise me because people of similar intelligence tend to flock together.

My last comment was obviously a joke that you took too far. This has nothing to do with WWII. We're going way too far off-topic.

So it's been decided now that important news stories will be posted in the announcements board? I just figured the announcements board on an OpenTibia forum would be for, you know.. OpenTibia announcements...
I thought this was what the Chit Chat section was for.
It has nothing to do with respect, it just doesn't belong in this board as far as most of us are concerned. It is not at all related to OpenTibia.

Again, 30% of our visitors are from Poland, and there is no other country with higher or similar visitor percentage at OtLand which had a bigger part of their government in an accident including the president. We are not a news site, so we try to not announce irrelevant stuff but this was big and while this may be an argument against this thread, it is still because 30% of our visitors are from Poland and this was posted by elf who is from Poland himself. Do we have any staff member from Haiti? No. Do we have over 1% visitor percentage from Haiti? No. If you aren't in this thread to share the pain with them I advice you to go find another thread to write in, or even another website that doesn't announce these stuff if you dislike it so much.

All further posts with complaints why we are not announcing accidents in other countries will be deleted. This thread was not created for such discussions.

we shouldnt start to fight against each others its not necesary and there is no point to do that

RiP
28utjrs.jpg

Hope the polish nation will get a new president also better then he has been.
Rest in Peace.. share the pain!

Hope you guy's are not that sad about it I mean it is painfull but watch. Some nigger in a usa neighborhoud was stabbed and he was my friend but did the news report it nope. People die every 2 second's in the world its the cyclus you can't change it

R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back