• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Problem hosting a server on Windows Vista?

Regnier

Reaction score
Well, not too long ago i bought a new computer, and when i tried to host a server on it, no 1 could enter the server or the AAC page which i put up.

But with my old style pc i hosted a server for basically 2 year when it used to be 7.6 i havn't hosted a server since.

I still know how to port-forward and stuff but it seems when i tried to do that it doesn't work either, i know hosting a server aint the hardest thing in the book to do as i used to host one back in the day *Lol*.

So i was wondering is it just windows vista which wants to be a pain the ass to not let me able to host one?

I have searched through all the forums and could not find a answer, i also disabled my standard firewall on my computer, and also disabled the firewall on my Nortan 360, but still people could not connect.

If somebody has some answers on how to help me i would be highly greatful.

Thanks
//Regnier.

Its no diffrences from hosting an 7.6 or 8.22, or with the port forwarding/operative system you use.

screw northon 360 btw, I had it on my comp when I bough it, take and google search for how to completely uninstall that shit.
(The program is "great" for ppl who cant use a computer and modify other virus programs).

I got 1 WV (Windows Vista) computer, 1 WS08 (Windows Server 2008) computer, 1 WXPP (Windows XP Professional)computer.

And got no problems with this.

Well my comp didnt come with nortan 360 it came with the original nortan but my mam persisted on buying nortan 360 becuase we have 3 comps in house and 1 cd works on 3 comps lol. but yeah its shit i never did like nortan.

Back