• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Problem opening Otclient error (0xc000007b) unable to start

Itutorial

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I have never had this problem before on the computer I am using. I have tried all types of dll's from x32-x64.

I also removed and re-installed all visual redistributables.

Is there something that could be causing it other than that?

Solution
All it takes is 1 DLL that isn't compatible with the arch you compiled for, if you compiled OTC for 32bit, you need to use 32bit DLLs and 64bit with 64bit DLLs. Nowadays when you compile OTC, you already get those DLLs in the output folder alongside the client, use those.
All it takes is 1 DLL that isn't compatible with the arch you compiled for, if you compiled OTC for 32bit, you need to use 32bit DLLs and 64bit with 64bit DLLs. Nowadays when you compile OTC, you already get those DLLs in the output folder alongside the client, use those.

Solution

I have already tried the dll's it isnt linked to the problem. Trust me I tried the dll's used to compile (it is x64 so I used x64 dll's) I also tried downloading different ones from online and spent a long time mix and matching over and over. If it was a dll problem it would of been fixed.

If it wasn't a DLL problem, you wouldn't be getting a DLL error that's been solved hundreds of times on this forum by using the correct DLLs. Don't know what else to tell you.

Then again it might not be a dll problem Yes, its been solved and I tried all the normal methods to solve it. Im not sure why you sound like you have attitude. Is it because your not right?

It's because you're telling me to trust you saying that it's not a DLL problem when I've seen this type of thread countless times since I've been on this forum and it's always been solved by using the correct DLLs. Not trying to be a dickhead or give you attitude, but I really have nothing else to say because it's a simple error with a simple solution, all it takes is a single DLL to be incorrect to give out that error.
Maybe you could delete them all, start up OTC and replace the very first DLL it asks for 1 by 1 until you find the culprit.

Try running some software that will track all resources requested by executable, for example DependencyWalker, it will track for you all DLLs that otc requires and should warn you if there is any DLLs with mismatched architecture version, even if not showing any warnings, try to replace DLLs one by one.

Ok well that is weird. I compiled this in x64 but I guess the x32 dll's needed to be used. That was literally the only thing I didn't try. Now its working. Makes no sense at all.

If I can chirp in, I've yet to see @Stigma being very rude to anyone he's helped, and in almost all cases I've seen him helping someone, he's been correct with his assumptions or close to the solution. Yet again he was right. Good job Stigma, your contribution to this forum is something that we all should be thankful for.

A good thing to do when your issue has been solved in the thread, is to mark an answer as the Best answer, or report your own answer and mention in the report that your own answer is the best one. This, so others can find the solution easily to this problem when they're searching for it.

Back