• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem with add sprite

kaparzo231

Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
XxX
Hey,
Tibia 10.98
I have a problem adding new sprites:
1. Create new sprite in gimp
2. Open this sprite in Object Buildier
3. Add new sprite in Item editor
4. Add id and name in items.xml

5. Open Remeres map editor but the item is not there

Tibia 8.20
I do the same with tibia 8.20 and it works on mam editor i have this item, but the id is different, for example in Tibia 8.20 the item with id 9770 is earth but in my ots there is a present under this id

I use Remere map editor and i create map to Tibia 10.98 but requires me to provide the source files for Tibia 8.20-8.31 otherwise it won't work

Is it possible to do something with the map editor so that he doesn't need Tibi Version 8.20-8.31?

Hey,
Tibia 10.98
I have a problem adding new sprites:
1. Create new sprite in gimp
2. Open this sprite in Object Buildier
3. Add new sprite in Item editor
4. Add id and name in items.xml

5. Open Remeres map editor but the item is not there

Tibia 8.20
I do the same with tibia 8.20 and it works on mam editor i have this item, but the id is different, for example in Tibia 8.20 the item with id 9770 is earth but in my ots there is a present under this id

I use Remere map editor and i create map to Tibia 10.98 but requires me to provide the source files for Tibia 8.20-8.31 otherwise it won't work

Is it possible to do something with the map editor so that he doesn't need Tibi Version 8.20-8.31?
you have to add your new items.otb and items.xml to remeres folder/data/8.20
and open your map with remeres save items or do any thing in map and do save
will work fine

You need to go to preferences and search for 10.98 files on the folder u saved your new sprites, you might have the wrong sprite files set.

you have to add your new items.otb and items.xml to remeres folder/data/8.20
and open your map with remeres save items or do any thing in map and do save
will work fine

It would be good if I had ots under Tibia 8.20 but if I run this map from tibia 10.98 on the map I have a different item because the id is different in otb / xml files in both versions of Tibia

Unfortunately, in items editor I can not enter an imaginary id, but I have already given it in advance

It would be good if I had ots under Tibia 8.20 but if I run this map from tibia 10.98 on the map I have a different item because the id is different in otb / xml files in both versions of Tibia

Unfortunately, in items editor I can not enter an imaginary id, but I have already given it in advance
You must use the same source items
and develop items.otb like otb 8.20

You need to go to preferences and search for 10.98 files on the folder u saved your new sprites, you might have the wrong sprite files set.

I had it done before and checked it again now and the files are good.

I just don't know why in preferences I also have to give the source for Tibi 8.20-8.31 and Tibi 10.98 for the program to work.

I had it done before and checked it again now and the files are good.

I just don't know why in preferences I also have to give the source for Tibi 8.20-8.31 and Tibi 10.98 for the program to work.
Check on map proprieties if you map is truly a 10.98 map, probably not.

Check on map proprieties if you map is truly a 10.98 map, probably not.
You are right the map is in an older version. I downloaded it together with the engine for tibi 10.98 so I assumed that the map is also for this version.

Can I convert this map somehow to 10.98?

Change it there on proprieties window to 10.98, might work.

Thanks it works, but I'm still having trouble adding sprites.
When I change the items.otb and itemst.xml files, then when I enter the remere map editor, I click RAW --> other and then the program stops working. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks it works, but I'm still having trouble adding sprites.
When I change the items.otb and itemst.xml files, then when I enter the remere map editor, I click RAW --> other and then the program stops working. What am I doing wrong?
Probably conflict on your items.otb items.xml Tibia.spr Tibia.dat combo, make sure you updated items.otb items.xml on rme folder and set 10.98 client on rme preferences to the updated Tibia.spr Tibia.dat folder.

Probably conflict on your items.otb items.xml Tibia.spr Tibia.dat combo, make sure you updated items.otb items.xml on rme folder and set 10.98 client on rme preferences to the updated Tibia.spr Tibia.dat folder.

When I changed map to the original version "other" file was working.

Can I give my own id number in item editor?

Item editor.jpg

or maybe you added way too many items to "other" and were using "grid" it is known to crash:
I don't think that is because of the number of sprites because this is my first sprite. Otherwise on Tibia 8.20 it works.

In tibia 8.20 i create item and I have it on the map:
Map editor.jpg

Even if I add this map to ots, I have a present on the map
Ots.jpg

Because in both versions of Tibia (8.20 and 10.98) in items.xml there are different items under the same id
xml 2.jpgxml present.jpg

I tried:
1. Change the map version from 8.20 to 10.98 but when I clicked on Raw-> other it closed remere map editor
2. I changed the versions of items.otb from 10.98 to 8.20. I added sprite and changed versions back to 10.98 but engine server did not start
3. I tried to find a way to enter my own item id in items editor so that it does not match the 10.98 items.xml version but the number is imposed in advance.

I did a few other things but I don't remember anymore because I've been working on it for 3 days.

I will be grateful for ideas that could solve the problem :)

Back