• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Problem with old Tibia.

derkon

Reaction score
Hello people!

I have a problem, when im playing tibia 7.4 i have huge lags. On new versions like 8.42, 8.5, 8.42 everything is alright.
Does anybody know what it could be caused by? Please help, I will give rep+ for help :)

Thank you for reading, i hope you will help me!
PS.DONT KNOW IF ITS RIGHT SECTION!

Regards,
derkon

Last edited:
Right-click on your Tibia icon and select Properties. In the tab Shortcut, look for the line Target. Leave everything in this line as it is. Only at the end of the line leave a space, then add engine, leave another space and add 0 for DirectX 5.0, or 1 for OpenGL, or 2 for DirectX 9.0. If you are in doubt which graphics engine to use, try out which option works best for you.

Last edited:
Right-click on your Tibia icon and select Properties. In the tab Shortcut, look for the line Target. Leave everything in this line as it is. Only at the end of the line leave a space, then add engine, leave another space and add 0 for DirectX 5.0, or 1 for OpenGL, or 2 for DirectX 9.0. If you are in doubt which graphics engine to use, try out which option works best for you.

Old tibia versions doesnt have support for that -,-

Bump.

Im having this same problem but on 7.6 and using Vista (2.00GHz, 3GB RAM).
Its giving me headaches, it's impossible to play at 3 fps.

Ill +rep anyone who actually helps.
(and the "engine x" thing doesnt work for this version)

And regarding the Vista user guy, GET XP.

No. I dont feel like changing back to XP and thats also not the solution because I have seen people having the same problem with XP. And I know it can be played normally on Vista because I have done it before on this same computer.

This problem is recent and I dont know what happened or what causes it.

On another note, for the people who actually care and want to post helpful responses, Ill quote what I posted on another forum, maybe it helps find a real solution:

I realized something that might be interesting. I dont know if its relevant at all, but maybe it rings a bell on someone and it could help solve this issue.

I was playing around with the "compatibility" options of the shortcut, and no option did any change, except one.

When I checked the mark that says something like:
"Launch in resolution 640x480"

And opened it, I noticed the fps raised to around 6-9 fps (in-game), which honestly is a lot less annoying than before, and I dont mind playing at that rate if thats all it could increase.

But the problem is of course, when I launch it like that it "screws around" with the resolution of the computer while it is opened, I use as default resolution 1366x768, and when it opens everything seems to turn to 640x480 and the tibia window looks way too big (you can barely open a backpack and you run out of space).

So maybe you guys can figure something out of that?

Long story short:
> When I play on 1366x768, I get very low fps (3-5) but normal sized window, but at such low fps it is almost unplayable.

> When I switch to 640x480 on the shortcut compatibility options, I get higher fps (6-9) which makes the game a lot more playable, but a HUGE sized window that makes it almost unplayable aswell, but on that matter.

Does it tell any of you anything that could lead to a playable solution?

Thanks in advance.

well, on newer pcs its almost impossibleto use dx5, but on xp I had like 10 fps with 1280x1024 and on win7 its 1-2 fps :D
if win7 works on ur pc only solution is: get OLDER pc, with gpu like geforce2 and low ram(when I tried to run win98 on my 2gb ram pc it said that I have too low memory...)and use win98(maybe win me handles more ram, you can try)
and when I was playing classictibia on my older pc(with better gpu but it "died" someday) I had smooth gameplay on winxp(it was radeon, on geforce everything is way slower, maybe ati have better dx5 support)

Back