• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem with [TFS 0.1] 10.37

Reaction score
TFS 1.0*

I attempted to use 2 releases compiled by other people on here on 10.37 and every time I get the same error.

http://otland.net/threads/10-37-real-map-server-with-roshamuul-tfs-1-0.212019/
and
http://otland.net/threads/10-36-10-37-latest-tfs-1-0-clean-x64-x32.212095/

Whenever I attempt to connect while the ports are set to [192.168.x.xx(my ipv4) and 127.0.0.1) it will work, but for others it will not. Then vice-versa when I set the ports to my actual ip/no-ip, but never both, as well the player list pops up in both situations but won't let you connect and prompts an error. Does anyone have the solution for this? I honestly tried everything and it was working perfectly fine before I updated(9.81 tfs 0.2.13), I also have all these ports forwarded : 7171,7172,443,80,3306 both TCP and UDP. I get no errors on console and the error i'm getting is 10031 in game when trying to connect.

Last edited:
Solution
You have to specify the global IP in config.lua for others to be able to connect. If you can't connect with your global IP; then there's a workaround.

Specify your domain as ip in config.lua, it would look something like:
ip = "example.com"

Then add this to your hosts file (/etc/hosts in Unix-like operating systems, C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts in Windows):
192.168.0.1 example.com
I think a lot of people are having problems connecting to the newest client versions. This sort of issue has been around for (a few) month(s?)

If you're using protocol 10.3+

p7Y3C1y.png

Sorry, the infographic is from my website. Cannot be forced to make a new one right now, but the information is relevant.
If you need a link to the newest IP Changer you can find it in the Downloads section or at Tibia.sx

Edit: After re-reading your post and comparing it to my picture I suppose it's probably not this problem. If it's not the appropriate solution perhaps someone else may find it helpful.

Red

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are having problems connecting to the newest client versions. This sort of issue has been around for (a few) month(s?)

If you're using protocol 10.3+

p7Y3C1y.png

Sorry, the infographic is from my website. Cannot be forced to make a new one right now, but the information is relevant.
If you need a link to the newest IP Changer you can find it in the Downloads section or at Tibia.sx

Edit: After re-reading your post and comparing it to my picture I suppose it's probably not this problem. If it's not the appropriate solution perhaps someone else may find it helpful.

Red

Yeah Thanks Red for taking your time to answer, but no I'm using the brand new one.

Is that an SQL error code?

Google is nearly useless for checking that kind of thing these days (/sigh), but I found a post suggesting SQL 10031 can occur as a result of a new SQL client.

Quick check:
  • Look at the error log, see if it's an SQL error
  • Verify that it's client-related, not server-related - ie you shouldn't see the same thing with the same server, but the next-older client
Background:
If the Tibia client can talk to the database, it has an SQL client compiled into it. If that imbedded client doesn't like the API in your database server, you'll see SQL error messages and/or codes. In general (but not always), that kind of things shows up very early (possibly the first time the Tibia client tries to connect to the DB) - i.e. it could happen before the client tries to make a network connection to the server, in which case it might look like a connection error.

Likeliest fix is to patch your DB server to the latest level.

Is that an SQL error code?

Google is nearly useless for checking that kind of thing these days (/sigh), but I found a post suggesting SQL 10031 can occur as a result of a new SQL client.

Quick check:
  • Look at the error log, see if it's an SQL error
  • Verify that it's client-related, not server-related - ie you shouldn't see the same thing with the same server, but the next-older client
Background:
If the Tibia client can talk to the database, it has an SQL client compiled into it. If that imbedded client doesn't like the API in your database server, you'll see SQL error messages and/or codes. In general (but not always), that kind of things shows up very early (possibly the first time the Tibia client tries to connect to the DB) - i.e. it could happen before the client tries to make a network connection to the server, in which case it might look like a connection error.

Likeliest fix is to patch your DB server to the latest level.

I do not get any errors what so ever, and I didn't bother googling my error code cause I know it means bs, and my db is fully updated, I made sure I ran the correct query and everything.

Last edited:
I laughed my ass off

And I kinda found some type of trick? I guess.

If I start the server in 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.x.xx (So I can connect)
then log in, and turn off the server.
Before my character list disappears, I turn on the server with either my ip or no ip.
re-log and bam, both parties can log in. But this is ridiculously tedious, and I would have to restart the server basically every time i wanted to log in and right now I haven't even released the server and we are just trying to do basic testing so it makes it SUPER difficult to carry out.

You have to specify the global IP in config.lua for others to be able to connect. If you can't connect with your global IP; then there's a workaround.

ip = "example.com"

Then add this to your hosts file (/etc/hosts in Unix-like operating systems, C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts in Windows):
192.168.0.1 example.com

Solution

ip = "example.com"

192.168.0.1 example.com

I love you so much.

Hey i tried this ddint work for me can u explain in a little more detail please thanks

titanfall.no-ip.org this is the ip for the server will someonetry to connect

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to figure out how to login on my ot with client 10.37. everythings correct portfoward, ip config, ports, EVERYTHING. I just need to figure out how to do what he said about the host file I changed it but I didn't work

https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/issues/810
This worked for me. A little more in-depth explanation, if you haven't fixed it yet or if anyone else has this issue.

I'm feeling stupid now :( Can't fix it myself.

My host file looks like this

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
192.168.1.4 localhost

And I set in config.lua my Global IP from whatsmyip.net.

What's wrong here?

Edit. Looks like it was OTClient problem.

Last edited:
Back