• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Project] RaceWars by Eldin! [RPG/War] (Discussion/Ideas)

What Race except Humans and Elfs should be possible to become as a Start?

• Dwarfs with HomeTown Kazordoon

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Minotaurs with HomeTown Thais

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Orcs with HomeTown Ulderek's Rock (Orc Land)

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • All will be fun, I trust Eldin's choise.

Votes: 37 39.8%

• Total voters
Honestly I would prefer 2 diffrent human factions (good and evil) and 1 orc faction, considering the vast variety of outfits compared to the 4 outfits there are for elves

Rule your own small Town with your Guild or Friends!

Now to the Topic:
The main idea with Race Wars will be to fight for your own Race against the other Races, two facts will make this easier.
-You will not be able to attack others with the same Race as yours. (Non-PvP)
-You will not only gain experience from hunting, but also hunting other Races. (Real Players)

Guilds:
One thing that will be very exiting in Race Wars it too see if one Race is smart enough to have its own King and really Team Up by creating 1 guild and fight to rule the world. What will your place be?
Will you be the King to Rule and Lead your Race to Victory?
Or will you be the Diplomat to make an Alliance with another Race or Guild?
Maybe your a Strategic person or a Massive Fighter?

Race + Race = Win?
The most will fight for their Races and stick together to Rule the World, but some outsiders can always be found in all places. Are you one of them? Will you fight for yourself and your guild only whether its the same Race or friends from different Races? Then get ready, you will be able to RULE YOUR OWN VILLAGE! Thats right, your own village!

Villages:
All the small Villages will have their own Depots and probably Temples. The Houses within the Villages can be owned by any Race and you can therefor team up with your friends even if they play another Race! You can make sure to Rule this small Town by teaming up with your friends to force others to stay out. Who knows, you might even become that big to take over the entire All-Around City Venore one day? Everyone starts somewhere. So where are those Villages?

ICE ISLANDS:

IceIslands.jpg

The Ice Islands are an archipelago far out in the Nordic Ocean. Due to their exposed position they have a very rough climate and are permanently covered with snow and ice. They have produced a special flora and fauna, which is adapted to this inhospitable area. Some imperturbable adventurers have founded a small village on one of the islands, Senja, and explore the depths of the islands seeking for mineral resources. The Nordic Tibia Ferries provide a cheap and reliable transport system between the continent and the three largest islands, Senja, Folda, and Vega. The landing place on the continent is located to the northwest of Carlin, vis-à-vis to Senja.

NORTHPORT:

TheFieldsofGlory.jpg

The plains to north of Carlin were the scene of a huge battle between humans and orcs some centuries ago. The united forces of Carlin and Thais succeeded in repulsing their enemies, thus saving Carlin and whole Tibia from the wild hordes. Since this great victory, this area has been called the "Fields of Glory". A statue reminds passing travellers of the killed heroes. Nowadays, these plains are a lonely area. Only at the coast in the north there is the sleepy village of Northport, where some fishermen live. More interesting are the holes that lead to caves and dungeons below.

THE OUTLAW CAMP:

TheOutlawCamp.jpg

East of the Blood Bay outlaws and deserters of the king's army have erected a hideout. The place suits their needs very well. It is surrounded by water on nearly all sides. A dense forest hides the camp and makes it impossible to attack it with armies. The houses are built out of wood, but the whole village is well fortified. Being sly and experienced fighters the inhabitants defend their shabby and dirty dwellings fiercely against any uninvited intruder. On the other hand, they don't hesitate to support other outlaws or even to put them up in their camp.

GREENSHORE:

Greenshore.jpg

Greenshore is a small community to the north of Thais. A peninsula with a mountain pass into it, it is very quiet and safe at the surface with a small number of lesser creatures. The main sights to see in Greenshore are The Tibianic as well as the expensive Greenshore Villa. Near the mountain pass, there is a hole leading to the main Thais dungeon filled with many Orcs, Orc Spearmen, and Orc Warriors. Many huge events take place there, due to the "presence" of the Tibianic.

FIBULA:

Fibula.jpg

The island Fibula is located off the southwest coast of the continent. There is a small village of the same name on it, whose inhabitants live on fishing, farming, and hunting. Below Fibula, there is the dreaded "Fibula Dungeon". The inhabitants of Fibula are always afraid that they might face the same destiny as the inhabitants of Calcanea, a small island to the north: One day, a giant spider came up from the dungeon and killed all of them. Moreover, a great sea-monster shows up from time to time in the bay between Fibula, Calcanea, and the continent, and so no one dares to sail there any more. The only way to Fibula is through a tunnel below the seabed.

Please note that Greenshore and Fibula probably will be closed until I open up Thais.

What do you think and what would you like to see?

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps4aaa3715.png

Last edited:
Been away for some time. Reasons: Changed work, had Vacation and got Married. ^^
Started to work on the project again, sorry for the time, real life does however go first. ;)

Updated some Information, more to come!

Last edited:
Human NPCs:

It is now time for me to start showing some of the work that I have done and will do. Everything may not be special but will still be something for ya to see that the server is going forward. Every small fix will not be stated here, I will show what I think will be good for you to know. Feel free to request more information aswell.

NPCs:
First out is the NPCs. What NPCs are needed to fullfill the Human Town? We might not know for sure at this stage as the classes withing Humans aren't finished yet. Some NPCs will however be needed at all time for every class and race.

NPCs.jpg

Code:
Carlin NPCs created so far:
-
-Post (Parcels)
-Banker
-Distance NPC (Weapons)
-Magic NPC (Weapons)
-Equipment (Buy & Sell)
-Food (2x)
-General (Shovels/Ropes etc)
-Furniture
-Potions
-Runes
-Temple (Healer)
-Warrior Teacher (Promotion)
-Hunter Teacher (Promotion)
-Wizard Teacher (Promotion)
-King (Just for the feeling)
-Guards (Currently just for fun)
-Boat NPC (Wont Travel yet)
-

-------------------------------------

Boat NPC:
You may not Travel as a start to keep the Humans together in Carlin. Players will not be able to Travel to another Race HomeTown with the boat as you don't belong there. Venore is however a "free town" for all races and everyone should therefor be able to travel there by boat. What do you think of adding a level limit (20?) instead of fixing the NPC later?

The King:
The King is really not neccessary as others will "teach" (promote) you. Got any suggestions about a purpose? Might even remove him if a player should become a King in some way? ;) By the way, anyone got the King Outfit ID?

Guards:
Will do nothing at this stage, just stand there for the "feeling". How about the Guard NPCs attacking Monsters and/or other Races to defend their HomeTown? Feel free to write if you have that NPC or if you can make it. (vocation attack)

I do have other special ideas for NPCs, but im not sure yet.
Do you have any ideas? Bring em! ;)

Last edited:
Holy Protection Zones:

Now to the next part and some other progress.

Code:
RaceWars Client 9.31:
-All Human NPCs done in Carlin.
-Fixed alot of wierd Errors in the logg from the RealMap.
-Only Humans may now enter Protection Zones in Carlin.
-Broadcasts will occur if/when someone reaches lvl 100, 200, 300, and so on.
-Some more Major Errors fixed from the Real Tibia Map at Depots and Towns.
-Boat NPCs will now take you to Venore once you reached level 20.
--

The Client will be 10.30 as it looks right now, everything works perfectly and stable. Might change it once the server is complete.
Decided to add a level 20 limit at the boat instead adding it later. (Travel to Venore, the All-Around Race Town)
A broadcast will occur every time someone gain 100 levels.

ProtectionZoneBlock.jpg

Another important thing will be to make a town friendly for its citizens, and not for another Race! Only Humans will now be able to enter the different protection zones in Carlin. In other words, an Elf may not as for example run into Carlin and then hide in a protection zone. As you can see in the picture above, no else else then the normal humans may enter. Well, what do I count as then in my CM outfit? :(

Last edited:
Rates and how you Start!

Lets keep up with the things done so far. I'll keep it short as Im gonna dig into the server again! ;)

Code:
Some more Progress:
--
-Outfits locked and set for all Humans and Elves.
-Fixed Start Backpack Items.
-Items will be added free in your inventory when you reach different levels between 1-20.
-DeathLoss% set to 5% instead of 10%.
-Players will always get a free Amulet of Loss if you don't have one. (AutoAoL)
--

Deaths:
A death can sometimes strike to hard on ya, therefor, Ive set the Death Loss % to 5% instead of 10% as I still think you should loose something when you die. You will also always get a free AoL at Login if you don't have one.

Level Items:
Items, Gold and Potions will be gained free during leveling between level 1 and 20. Its important to get a nice start, don't you think? :)

Here is the normal Human outfit:

Human-1.jpg

Here is the normal Elf outfit:

Elf-1.jpg

The outfits will change once you get another vocation/class.

Now to the start items:

This is what everyone will have after a new character has been created and before you get some extra items for your Race.
This may ofcourse be changed! :)

StartItems.jpg

Note: The SpellBook barely weights anything at all, I think everyone will need it at the start as you don't know what spells each Race and Class will have.

Rates then!
Please remember that you wont level up in different areas at the same rates as normal tibia, so those rates will probably feel faster then they are.

Rates:
rateExp = 5
rateSkill = 5
rateLoot = 2
rateMagic = 2
rateSpawn = 1

And again, if you believe that I should change anything, please state so! :D

Last edited:
It's nice that you are keeping up this project but I have something to tell you.
One of my friends made a race war as well but there were 4 colors instead of some races. You couldn't change outfit or change team/race unless you bought it from the website. It had so much CO-OP quest that you could do with your team and there were so many custom weapons/armors/legs/boots/helmets with unique values (obtained in quests) and so on... More than 20 unique custom spells that was balanced very good. I asked him how much time he had put on that project and he answered that he had put over two years on that project, well I thought It would go very far with this server but finally when the server was ready to publish, only the beta tester (from otland) joined a few days but players from otservlist didn't even stay for a minute or so. And also the server was a noobwar server.

Here is more information about the server:
http://otland.net/f43/sweden-8-6-war-titans-unique-war-server-full-version-161917/

I hope you find the wrong he did on his server by reading his advertisement page and his discussion thread and do it even more better because I thought it was the best war server online that time (It was but no players had time to explore the server):
http://otland.net/f251/war-titans-unique-war-server-beta-start-30-6-12-a-161385/

His server is old and he won't start it again so I am not actually making advertisement for him...

Thanks! :)

Human Start Items:

Thanks for those nice comments! Gives me spirit to keep it up! ;)

OTx - I love the fact that the server you mentioned is unique and I wish him the best luck, but I don't think its close to RaceWars.

The start is ofcourse an important part as I mentioned before. Everyone will get the same start backpack but will instead get more specific items within the Races.
Lets begin with the Humans.

I will for now use the "Isle of Destiny" from real tibia, and I made it easy:

HumanStartDoor.jpg

Now its time for the item selections, right when you passed the door.
Instead of making you choose one weapon, you can take em all.
You will not decide your real class before you reach level 20, so therefor, you should be able to switch at any time.

Here is how it looks right now:

HumanStartItems.jpg

Im open for changes as always but I would personaly like "low level items" as you will start at level 1 and again, its not as real tibia. You will as for example have more HP/Mana at level 20 then you normaly would and better items should ofcourse not be that hard to find. Rares will however stay as rares.

The Human might be done in a day or two aswell as an explanation how the Human will work! :)

PS: Trying to keep everything short and easy aslong as I can, will explain things more once its more complicated.

Last edited:
I remember playing a similar server a few years back, it was custom mapped not sure if it had map changes, you could be an elf, dwarf, human or an orc i think. It was a ton of fun playing that server so i hope you good luck with this project, haven't actually seen this thread even though it's quite old.

The thread is old as I started the project some time ago.
Then things happend... Started a new job, had vacation and got married ^^
(Me to the <-- of my wife!)

Broumlllop116.jpg

So... now im back and ready to complete it! :D
Will soon post new stuff about the server!

Last edited:
RaceWars is now working with the map and crushed bugs! (Only 2 small left for now)

Working.jpg

Time to continue the development! :coffeebiggrin:

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

PS: Most Development will still be at my OT forum Tibia Strike

I can't believe it!!!

You're still using windows live!

Nice projecte, I'll play for sure and congratulations on your wedding:rolleyes:

Back