• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Project] RaceWars by Eldin! [RPG/War] (Discussion/Ideas)

What Race except Humans and Elfs should be possible to become as a Start?

• Dwarfs with HomeTown Kazordoon

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Minotaurs with HomeTown Thais

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Orcs with HomeTown Ulderek's Rock (Orc Land)

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • All will be fun, I trust Eldin's choise.

Votes: 37 39.8%

• Total voters
Started abit in Ab'dendriel...

ElfProtectionZone_zps9c3150c4.jpg

I could basicly explain it like I did for the Humans:
An important thing will be to make a town friendly for its citizens, and not for another Race! Only Elves will now be able to enter the different protection zones in Ab'dendriel. In other words, a Human may not as for example run into An'dendriel and then hide in a protection zone. As you can see in the picture above, none else then the normal Elves may enter, not even me!

Burdin - So Wizard will be your choice? ;) Anything with the Wizard or in general that you would like to see/change?

hehemidu - That is simply great questions and ideas, thats what I call feedback! Thank You!

If a Race totaly owns EVERYTHING, several things could be done. 1. Call them Winners and reset the server. 2. If they don't want that and most people would be happy about it, the server could keep going. 3. Any other ideas that would satisfy the players, my only goal in general.

I wrote this if you scroll up abit: (Answer to your PVE question)

PVP Profit:
  • Experience, the basic idea is to only give experience when you kill someone that is higher then yourself. This would also prevent the biggest abuse.
  • Items, the idea is to give the fragger (and maybe co-fraggers) an item, a symbol of that Race. This could be different depending on the lvl of the victim. It could as for example be a trade value with a special NPC to get special items?
NPCs to protect the Town:
That is actually my intention, I do however need the main distro to be released in hope for the functions to be there. (Might work now but I missed it)
If it works, I will for sure make defending NPCs, and a good idea would then be a main "General/King" who will be really hard to defeat.
The idea with gaining something for raiding other Towns will is actually also on the way with a Conquest system, but I need the full release to make that possible!

I hope those answers are good enough, otherwise just ask or bring ideas! :D

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps9c8d3e30.png

Last edited:
thx for the answers :) i got confused when you said it was 50 percent pvp and 50 percent rpg so i thouht there would be monsters also that u can hunt to get lvls.

I was thinking about some new idea that could be cool if its possible to implement. the idea of Checkpoints. if i'm correst: now only the towns are race only zones? you could make some kind of checkpoints that lay in the neutral zone (were both races can freely walk around) that can be taken by one race. if a race holds all checkpoints in that zone: the zone becomes theirs. with some npcs patrolling the border, maybe some npc that sells some pots or food or something like that. the other race can then try to gain back that zone or make it neutral again by either taking 1 checkpoint back (neutral zone) or taking all (zone becomes theirs).
Also you could have raids on those checkpoints by different monsters (on the top of my head: lets say outlaws (humanoid monsters who are bannished from the race town). they are strong so they kill the npcs easely and take back the checkpoint (u could have boss spawn on tile that needs to be stand on to take back the checkpoint). these monsters ofc yield no exp or items (or very rare item drops), So even when there are little enemies online to fight you can still fight against npcs/monsters in order to take control of the checkpoints.

Not sure this is even possible but was just some idea i came up with that could be fun :p

Also will there be events? this could keep players happy even when there are no enemies left to fight.

Some pvp related event could also be: At some point during the day (peak online time) an npc spawns in town who sells disguises: u can buy these disguises and if you click on them they will give u other race outfit for 10 min. you could then sneak into town and kill some important npcs of the other race. BUT you can still be attacked by the other race and by the guards, so you have to be carefull that you wont be caught.he cannot enter the protective zones either ofc. after 10 minutes the disguises wears of and you'll be your original race again.

again i'm no scripter or anything so not sure its even possible.

Kind regards,
Hehemidu

Thank You again hehemidu!

You will gain experience from monsters just as normal, its exactly what I ment with 50% rpg and 50% pvp.
What I explained for you above was simply to answer your question where I stated the fact that you will get exp from pvp. Please ask again if you're still confused. ;)

About your "Checkpoints", you're actually right on it. this is from my first post in the thread:

Conquer the World, something that would be perfect in Race Wars. Every Hunting Area around the world should be possible to "Conquer" except the Main Towns of each Race. One idea is to give the Race who owns a certain place more Experience when Hunting there or faster Regenerations overall. We'll see what I can manage to fix, different things to state that a Certain Race rules the world would be perfect. If one race Conquer the entire world and everyone agrees, then we'll simply start over. (Its not however a goal that I have to restart but your goal is still to Conquer the world).

I haven't presented the Conquest system yet as Its not finished. i am getting help with the system but we seem to need the full 1.0 release to make it possible.

Something that I haven't had in mind was spawning Guard NPCs, Supply NPCs and/or Raids in that area a Race just Conquered. Its infact great ideas! Supply NPCs is something Im really going to have a look at, probably Guard NPCs as well!

Disguises:
You also had an idea about disguises as a part of a PvP event. This idea is also genious! Players are locked into their outfit so none would really expect it, or/and, would make another Race stay alert. Im writing both of these ideas up when I get home, simply perfect!

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps4aaa3715.png

Greets again folks!

I would just like to note that the project ain't dead.
The problem lies within TFS 1.0 that haven't been completed yet, TFS 1.0 will be epic in all aspects from what I can see so therefor I started to use it before it was finished.

The big Conquest script needs some functions that haven't been finished yet. Dalkon is helping me out but needs the complete version before he can finish the Conquest System. I will therefor wait with further updates and information at RaceWars even if I have made more then I have showed.

Its my full intention to complete the server, host it, fix possible bugs and errors and then release it as well as improve it. Meanwhile, I started my next Project with Knatte1 that you will be seeing soon.

Thank You for your patience and interest, I will for sure answer any questions. :)

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps4aaa3715.png

amazing progress, sick project. Sorry if I go offtopic, but your old project was a dungeon ot if i'm not completly wrong? atleast it was before you rewrote it into a rpg server, would you mind throwing the old server online? had so much fun with the autocast attack spell system and fast to reach hunting grounds, pvping each otehr with epic items and so on ._. <3 !

@topic, keep up the work !

Great idea, I would play.

About elves though, ''They are the strongest fighters among the elves'' why would anyone pick elf Scout then? Nobody will pick a elf scout I think..

Great idea, I would play.

About elves though, ''They are the strongest fighters among the elves'' why would anyone pick elf Scout then? Nobody will pick a elf scout I think..
Elf scout are the best with distance weapons ppl like to play elve race :)

Back