• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Project] RaceWars by Eldin! [RPG/War] (Discussion/Ideas)

What Race except Humans and Elfs should be possible to become as a Start?

• Dwarfs with HomeTown Kazordoon

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Minotaurs with HomeTown Thais

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Orcs with HomeTown Ulderek's Rock (Orc Land)

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • All will be fun, I trust Eldin's choise.

Votes: 37 39.8%

• Total voters
i think dwarfs should have aoe spells with element of fire and earth (but no poison) low-medium damage and many supportive spells that empowers defenses and resists

orcs should have empower spells that empowers melee damage and 1v1 dmg spells

minotaurs should be mix between orcs and humans i belive

Answers to posts above:

Amusement - I Think you're right, keeping Minotaurs at Thais feels natural and will probably be the best thing todo.
About the DeathLoss/PVP, feel free to bring more suggestions!

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps9c8d3e30.png

Thanks for "liking" my post by the way, I almost forgot about this & it's definitely something I'd re-download Tibia for.

Concerning the DeathLoss/PVP situation though, It's seriously a tough subject, there are a few hardcore players that still linger around, that prefer it when you lose things on death, exp/skills & so on, the main reason why I really enjoyed Tibia, was because it was a tough world, unforgiving, cruel, it felt dangerous because I knew I had something to lose & that feeling brought atmosphere & a really enjoyable experience, for me at least.
There are a lot of people however that didn't like this aspect of Tibia at all(damn casuals), which brought problems, because they're normally in the majority & as such it becomes a hard thing to balance, because then you're left with one side or the other. I've personally never really seen it balanced well & currently CIP has ruined it completely, so I wouldn't recommend their route.

Personally, I'd definitely make it so you lose exp/skills like always, I'm sure most people are used to that part of Tibia by now.
Then I'd suggest making it so you lose just your backpack like I previously mentioned & also inside the corpse along with the backpack, perhaps a "Soul" of some sort, that are collectable & once you've collected a huge amount of them you can trade them in for pvp based equipment, or something else. - (Though this may cause people to abuse farming each other. So it would have to be kept in check by Admins or a fix of some sort to prevent it.)

- Or keep it how Tibia was originally, You lose backpack with the chance of losing equipment, and the add blessing NPCs around that map -/no twist of fate.

Thank You Amusement for the great answer, I have given the DeathLoss/PVP situation some thoughts.
Lets split it up into 2 subjects, DeathLoss and PVP Profit.​
action_zps9ddad2d6.png

DeathLoss & PVP Profit:
Death is a hard subject and hard to balance. I agree with the fact that a Death shouldn't be something you don't care about, it should hurt.
However, if the Deathloss is too big, people get angry when they die. Frustration aint good in general and will put a negative effect on the game.
So what can be done?​

Loss during Death:
  • Nothing at all will be lost until you reach lvl 20 during Deaths. You often choose a Class at lvl 20 and will be weaker in general then others until your path is chosen. This protection means you can get yourself going aswell as participate in PVP battles even if you're not as good.
  • Amulet of Loss will be set in your neck slot at login unless you got one or any other necklace. This means that you never have too loose your backpack nor items during battles and can simply get back out there helping your Race after Death.
  • 5% Exp and Skills will be lost during Death to make it hurt just alittle. The Exp and Skills are 5x faster then real tibia and you now have half the % loss aswell. To prevent anyone from being safe, blessings wont be a part of RaceWars.

As for what has been mentioned above, killing someone else currently gives you nothing except the great PvP feeling.
What could you gain by killing someone else without them loosing it?

PVP Profit:
  • Experience, the basic idea is to only give experience when you kill someone that is higher then yourself. This would also prevent the biggest abuse.
  • Items, the idea is to give the fragger (and maybe co-fraggers) an item, a symbol of that Race. This could be different depending on the lvl of the victim. It could as for example be a trade value with a special NPC to get special items?

RaceWars is afterall 50% Wars and 50% RPG, feel free too cut my ideas into pieces!

Last edited:
i think dwarfs should have aoe spells with element of fire and earth (but no poison) low-medium damage and many supportive spells that empowers defenses and resists

orcs should have empower spells that empowers melee damage and 1v1 dmg spells

minotaurs should be mix between orcs and humans i belive

You got me thinking, I will begin with Humans and Elfs as a start, so that is what im forming now. But I appriciate ideas about further updates aswell, thank you.

C00l, when you think it will be online? Wanna play this now I feel :)

The Dwarf race could be all about support, puting totems that heals and when it comes to fighting, they would use their crafting abilities to set up a turret that would do the job for them.
Generaly speaking, the wisdom of dwarfs and the fact of technology-knowing should be their weapon as well as the defence

The Human Templar:

I have finally found a name better then Warrior, Templar!
Changed the titles, texts aswells as everything with the name at the thread and in-game.

It is now time to present the first real Class for Humans, their melee Class, Templar.
The server will start with Humans and Elves as I have mentioned, therefor, the Human Class will have the only melee fighter until we add Dwarves as the third Race.

Most servers that change a class name etc usually goes with the basical Knight, Paladin, Druid and Sorcerer scenario. My goal is to make cool and unique classes for each race. Balance aswell as a new feeling is important and will probably therefor be changed alot during the online time. Lets atleast do our best from start.

----------------
Warrior.gif

Human Templar (2)
Templars are the toughest class of the Humans. They are strong, resilient, and they know how to wield any melee weapon with fearsome efficiency. In combat, they are always found in the front line, engaging the mightiest opponents in vicious hand-to-hand fighting. When they are travelling with others it is usually the Templars who charge enemies in order to protect their companions. Because of their incredible resilience and their skilled use of shields experienced Templars are almost impossible to overcome, and even if a battle is lost, it is usually the Templars who are the last to fall. The Black Knight has long been a deserted knight of the King's army who now returned to help its Race survive. After all, he has always been the most skilled Human Warrior and is very strong in close combat and uses his spear for distance fighting. The Templar Class has also become a true enchanter to support its team to 100%.

Type: Holy Melee Fighter, Attacker, Blocker and Ranger
Attack Speed: Normal
Item Use: Swords, Axes, Clubs, Shields and Spears
Melee Skill Rate: High
Distance Skill Rate: Medium
Shielding Skill Rate: High
Magic Rate: Low

Character Regenerations and Gains:
15 HP Per Level
5 Mana Per Level
25 Cap Per Level
5 HP Reg Each 3 Sec
5 Mana Reg Each 6 Sec

Spells:
HumanTemplar-SpellBook_zpse99ffcaf.jpg

Alot of spells as you can see has been taken from real tibia but got modified with lvl and mana. Please also note that it keeps the spells from lvl 1-20 that you play as a human. (The lvl 20 spell is for Templars only)

A few spells that I created might confuse and/or interest you, so here they come!

Support Spells:
The Templar has been given 3 different support spells with 3 different strenghts in each cathegory, so 9 in total.
The idea is to be a Support Class to buff your party members. (I might have taken too high and too long)

Train Party:
Light Train Party - Gives 10+ Melee Skills and Distance Fighting for 10 Minutes.
Intense Train Party - Gives 15+ Melee Skills and Distance Fighting for 10 Minutes.
Mass Train Party - Gives 20+ Melee Skills and Distance Fighting for 10 Minutes.

Protect Party:
Light Protect Party - Gives 10+ Shielding for 10 Minutes.
Intense Protect Party - Gives 15+ Shielding for 10 Minutes.
Mass Protect Party - Gives 20+ Shielding for 10 minutes.

Enchant Party:
Light Enchant Party - Gives 1+ Magic LvL for 10 Minutes.
Intense Enchant Party - Gives 3+ Magic LvL for 10 Minutes.
Mass Enchant Party - Gives 5+ Magic LvL for 10 Minutes.

Conjure Spears:
Templars will be effective if played right in different situations such as running after someone, the part distance will be supported by the Conjure Spears spell.
A Templar might run around with a few Spears but might need a few extra from time to time or simply only want to use them in a current situation.
My idea is to give them 20 each time for 50 mana, will weight 400oz in total so they will have to Think abit. Here below is the simple spell. (Will ofcourse enter BP)

HumanTemplar-ConjureSpear_zps52973748.jpg

Holy Strike:
Just as Flame Strike etc, the Humans has been given a Holy Strike as they are a Holy type. It reaches 3sqm and hits a target.

HumanTemplar-HolyFlash_zpsaffa85bc.jpg

Front Strike:
In some situtations, a target may be a few sqm away, thats where a Front Strike get handy! It will be high damage as it will be abit harder to aim.

HumanTemplar-FrontStrike_zps066de511.jpg

Fast Swing:
A Frontliner for sure, so what could be effective without using exori to hurt your friends behind you? A Fast Swing!
The spell got swords "swinging" as an animated effect.

HumanTemplar-FastSwing_zps50217895.jpg

The Templar Role:
My ideas is to make a new cool and unique focused melee character and Im kinda glad with the result so far.
The Human Templar will not only be a blocker and frontliner, but also a buffer. This makes the "Blocker" role way more important then only blocking.
Part Distance will make him effective during some range if played right as you gotta swap weapons.
The new Spells is also a good complement to make every combat more interesting.

Current State to complete the Human Templar:
Not much from my Point of view. I hope you all bring any suggestions or question you have regarding the Human Templar so we can get it perfect.

------------------

WibbenZ - I do also want it to get finished, but I can't promise anything as I don't know how much time several things will take and I don't wanna give you a false date. :)

Huyek - I actually love your ideas about the Dwarven Race and will for sure check back once its time. The Dwarven Race will be the third to enter RaceWars if it works out. Until that, I will focus on the Humans and Elves, but thank you! ;)

So, if anyone wonder about ANYTHING or have ANY input at all, BRING IT! Help me create some cool Races and Classes!

Last edited:
The Human Templar:

I have finally found a name better then Warrior, Templar!
Changed the titles, texts aswells as everything with the name at the thread and in-game.

It is now time to present the first real Class for Humans, their melee Class, Templar.
The server will start with Humans and Elves as I have mentioned, therefor, the Human Class will have the only melee fighter until we add Dwarves as the third Race.

Most servers that change a class name etc usually goes with the basical Knight, Paladin, Druid and Sorcerer scenario. My goal is to make cool and unique classes for each race. Balance aswell as a new feeling is important and will probably therefor be changed alot during the online time. Lets atleast do our best from start.

----------------
Warrior.gif

Human Templar (2)
Templars are the toughest class of the Humans. They are strong, resilient, and they know how to wield any melee weapon with fearsome efficiency. In combat, they are always found in the front line, engaging the mightiest opponents in vicious hand-to-hand fighting. When they are travelling with others it is usually the Templars who charge enemies in order to protect their companions. Because of their incredible resilience and their skilled use of shields experienced Templars are almost impossible to overcome, and even if a battle is lost, it is usually the Templars who are the last to fall. The Black Knight has long been a deserted knight of the King's army who now returned to help its Race survive. After all, he has always been the most skilled Human Warrior and is very strong in close combat and uses his spear for distance fighting. The Templar Class has also become a true enchanter to support its team to 100%.

Type: Holy Melee Fighter, Attacker, Blocker and Ranger
Item Use: Swords, Axes, Clubs, Shields and Spears
Melee Skill Rate: High
Distance Skill Rate: Medium
Shielding Skill Rate: High
Magic Rate: Low

15 HP Per Level
5 Mana Per Level
25 Cap Per Level
5 HP Reg Each 3 Sec
5 Mana Reg Each 6 Sec

Spells:
HumanTemplar-SpellBook_zpse99ffcaf.jpg

Alot of spells as you can see has been taken from real tibia but got modified with lvl and mana. Please also note that it keeps the spells from lvl 1-20 that you play as a human. (The lvl lvl 20 spell is for Templars only)

A few spells that I created might confuse and/or interest you, so here they come!

Support Spells:
The Templar has been given 3 different support spells with 3 different strenghts in each cathegory, so 9 in total.
The idea is to be a Support Class to buff your party members. (I might have taken too high and too long)

Train Party:
Light Train Party - Gives 10+ Melee Skills and Distance Fighting for 10 Minutes.
Intense Train Party - Gives 15+ Melee Skills and Distance Fighting for 10 Minutes.
Mass Train Party - Gives 20+ Melee Skills and Distance Fighting for 10 Minutes.

Protect Party:
Light Protect Party - Gives 10+ Shielding for 10 Minutes.
Intense Protect Party - Gives 15+ Shielding for 10 Minutes.
Mass Protect Party - Gives 20+ Shielding for 10 minutes.

Enchant Party:
Light Enchant Party - Gives 1+ Magic LvL for 10 Minutes.
Intense Enchant Party - Gives 3+ Magic LvL for 10 Minutes.
Mass Enchant Party - Gives 5+ Magic LvL for 10 Minutes.

Conjure Spears:
Templars will be effective if played right in different situations such as running after someone, the part distance will be supported by the Conjure Spears spell.
A Templar might run around with a few Spears but might need a few extra from time to time or simply only want to use them in a current situation.
My idea is to give them 20 each time for 50 mana, will weight 400oz in total so they will have to Think abit. Here below is the simple spell. (Will ofcourse enter BP)

HumanTemplar-ConjureSpear_zps52973748.jpg

Holy Strike:
Just as Flame Strike etc, the Humans has been given a Holy Strike as they are a Holy type. It reaches 3sqm and hits a target.

HumanTemplar-HolyFlash_zpsaffa85bc.jpg

Front Strike:
In some situtations, a target may be a few sqm away, thats where a Front Strike get handy! It will be high damage as it will be abit harder to aim.

HumanTemplar-FrontStrike_zps066de511.jpg

Fast Swing:
A Frontliner for sure, so what could be effective without using exori to hurt your friends behind you? A Fast Swing!
The spell got swords "swinging" as an animated effect.

HumanTemplar-FastSwing_zps50217895.jpg

The Templar Role:
My ideas is to make a new cool and unique focused melee character and Im kinda glad with the result so far.
The Human Templar will not only be a blocker and frontliner, but also a buffer. This makes the "Blocker" role way more important then only blocking.
Part Distance will make him effective during some range if played right as you gotta swap weapons.
The new Spells is also a good complement to make every combat more interesting.

Current State to complete the Human Templar:
Not much from my Point of view. I hope you all bring any suggestions or question you have regarding the Human Templar so we can get it perfect.

------------------

WibbenZ - I do also want it to get finished, but I can't promise anything as I don't know how much time several things will take and I don't wanna give you a false date. :)

Huyek - I actually love your ideas about the Dwarven Race and will for sure check back once its time. The Dwarven Race will be the third to enter RaceWars if it works out. Until that, I will focus on the Humans and Elves, but thank you! ;)

So, if anyone wonder about ANYTHING or have ANY input at all, BRING IT! Help me create some cool Races and Classes!

Looks great, will be nice to skip all the rl maps :p
But can't you give an aprox date? Are we talking weeks, months, years? haha

My goal is weeks/months.
I gotta complete the Hunter and Wizard for Humans, then all 3 Elves.
Once that is done, I got some quests and general stuff, but not much. (Alot of other things are finished which I will write soon)

Dalkon is currently helping me with a Conquer System and it seems to go pretty well, but the real 1.0 version gotta be released first to support it all.
I'll do my part and then we'll hope Mark (Talaturen) can complete his part with the distro so we can get the server started! :D

If I would happen to get it completed without the Distro getting released I'll probably update my RookWar to the latest 1.0 distro for client 10.30.
Then I might improve RaceWars even more OR begin with the next Project abit. (Secret for now) ^^

exori gran hur looks like a trinity force (LoL) :D

btw very nice spells :) also thing to mention, if we have racewars... why not make racewars rook edition also? we have minotaur camps, orcs, humans, trolls. Why wont you make also warzone there? like spells are highly limited and brute force counts the most.

Some more progress:

Code:
RaceWars Client 10.30:
-Houses fixed for each City and Village.
-Villages now have their own Depots and Temples.
-A boat NPC has been fixed at Venore to only take Humans to Carlin and Elves to Ab'dendriel.
-4 Seconds set on Potions to prevent spamming and make PvP more hardcore, you now have to combine with Spells and Runes.
-Updated alot of NPCs in Carlin.
-Fixed alot of general bugs and errors.

dusieqq - Trinity Force sounds awesome, might re-name the spell or make another spell with that name.
A RaceWars Rook Edition actually sounds really good, I should be able todo it in about 2-4 weeks MAX.
Already got ideas etc, thank you. Just gotta complete this first. ;)

Hello!
This server sounds so nice, I can't wait till full release.
Anyway, there's one question i need to ask you.
You said that players below 20lvl wouldn't have any deathloss, but they would still do the PvP. So the question is : Since they can get exp from PvP and won't lose anything, don't you think it might be abused in terms many players could create like that 20lvl fast? (f.ex two friends killin' ea other)

The Human Hunter:

First of all, The Human Hunter Outfit has been changed.
Before -->
Archer.gif
After -->
Hunter_zps656347d3.gif

It is now time to present the Second Class for Humans, their ranged Class, Hunter.
The server will start with Humans and Elves, therefore it´s important to make the Hunter interesting as Elves are the best Ranged Race.

Most servers that change a class name etc usually goes with the basic Knight, Paladin, Druid and Sorcerer scenario. My goal is to make cool and unique classes for each race. Balance as well as a new feeling is important and will probably therefore be changed a lot during the online time. Let´s at least do our best from start.

---------------
Hunter_zps656347d3.gif

Human Hunter (2)
Hunters are not gifted melee fighters and they do not know how to handle shields very well. The Hunter's true strength, is their ability to fight at a distance. From throwing simple stones to firing crossbows, Hunters can learn to handle any light distance weapon with deadly accuracy. A Hunter that manages to keep away from his opponents in battle can bring down any enemy. However, spears and shield are to heavy and therefor a long lost skill for the modern Hunter.

Type: Holy Distance Fighter
Item Use: Bows and Crossbows
Melee Skill Rate: Low
Distance Skill Rate: High
Shielding Skill Rate: Low
Magic Rate: Medium

10 HP Per Level
15 Mana Per Level
20 Cap Per Level
5 HP Reg Each 4 Sec
5 Mana Reg Each 4 Sec

Spells:
HumanHunter-SpellBook_zps35712947.jpg

Alot of spells as you can see has been taken from real tibia but got modified with lvl and mana. Please also note that it keeps the spells from lvl 1-20 that you play as a human. (The lvl 20 spell is for Hunter and not Human)

Arrow Burst:
A Hunter knows his Arrows very well, the Arrow Burst shoots out Arrows in All Directions. It shoots to the North as it does to the South, just hard to screen.
The spell got arrows "shooting out" as an animated effect.

HumanHunter-ArrowBurst_zpsb9e00b01.jpg

Arrow Wave:
The Arrow Wave shoots out like a Dragons FireWave, the Arrows keep going more then the screen below.
The spell got arrows "shooting out" as an animated effect.

HumanHunter-ArrowWave_zpse6b482c9.jpg

Midnight Panther:
A summon "Pet" Spell, information to come.

The Hunter Role:
My goal is to make the Human Hunter a bit different from both real Tibia Paladins as well as the Elven Race which is focused Distance users.
If I'd make a Trap System and Pet System to combine with the normal Distance use, the Hunter would become something really cool.
I can't promise that I will be able to create it, but I'll for sure do my best!

Current State to complete the Human Hunter:
Trap System and Pet System. The Human Hunter would become complete and unique if I could make a Trap System and Pet System, doing my best.
A few more spells could also be positive.

------------------

Befik - Great question! My solution is to make players earn experience in PvP above lvl 20. ;)

Last edited:
Thank You Ganjaa

StatusBook:

Added a StatusBook simply for fun ^^
The Book can be found in most Librarys around the World. Not much more to say!

StatusBook_zps30edfe51.jpg

Im really looking forward to play this amazing server.
Keep that information coming!
Farewell.

The Human Wizard:

It is now time to present the Third Class for Humans, their mage Class, Wizard.
The server will start with Humans and Elves, so the Human Wizard will be the only pure magician from start.

Most servers that change a class name etc usually goes with the basic Knight, Paladin, Druid and Sorcerer scenario. My goal is to make cool and unique classes for each race. Balance as well as a new feeling is important and will probably therefore be changed a lot during the online time. Let´s at least do our best from start.

Mage.gif

Human Wizard (2)
Wizards are pure magic users. They are of weak build, and their weapon skills are rather limited. But then, what do you need weapons for when you can bring down your enemies with a well-aimed blast of magic? Wizards have a good number of offensive spells at their disposals, and an experienced Wizard with a reasonable magic level can take out enemies as well as any other class in Race Wars. In fact, due to the offensive nature of their spells Wizard are perhaps the most deadly of all the Human Race. The Wizard is an outcome of Druids and Sorcerers schooling eachother with different kinds of magic and learn abit of both healing and death.

Type: Specified Holy and All-Around Magic User
Item Use: Wands, Rods and Shields
Melee Skill Rate: Very Low
Distance Skill Rate: Very Low
Shielding Skill Rate: Very Low
Magic Rate: High

5 HP Per Level
30 Mana Per Level
10 Cap Per Level
6 HP Reg Each 5 Sec
5 Mana Reg Each 3 Sec

Spells:
HumanWizard-SpellBook_zps75479668.jpg

Alot of spells as you can see has been taken from real tibia but got modified with lvl and mana. Please also note that it keeps the spells from lvl 1-20 that you play as a human. (The lvl 20 spell is for Wizards only)

Holy Wave:
Its like a Firewave but with Holy.

HolyWave_zpsefe097fe.jpg

Great Holy Wave:
Like the Great Energy Wave but Holy.

GreatHolyWave_zpse782946e.jpg

Holy Beam:
Like energy beam but longer and holy.

HolyBeam_zps6c1ac3fa.jpg

Great Holy Beam:
An ever longer version with holy!

GreatHolyBeam_zpsae22dc3a.jpg

Massive Divine:
Like the "biggest" spells in tibia, but Holy!

MassiveDivine_zps303c39ef.jpg

Ultimate Explosion:
A while back, at about 8.6, Sorcerers had a spell name Ultimate Explosion. The spell was replaced with all the elemental ones, but never as good.
The Druids and Sorcerers schooled eachother and now learned to handle the spell ones again, with new effects and improvements. Its the most deadly spell in the entire RaceWars. (Will hit all tiles during the animated effect)

UltimateExplosion_zps86c9c8ec.jpg

The Wizard Role:
The Humans are inspired by the Holy Energy, so I basicly made the most new spells with a holy touch. They wont have the best Energy, Fire or Poison Spells but most low to middle ones. However, they do have the strongest spell in the entire game.

Current State to complete the Human Wizard:
I might have to work abit on the LvL for the Spells as well as the Mana requirement, except that, finished I guess.

----------

Thank You for the comment SpookyGamer!

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps4aaa3715.png

Can't wait to try out the server as a human wizard! Really love the custom spells you made! Looking forward to see more ;)

looks really cool! love some of those new spells. I will try it even tho it uses that ugly rl map :p.

My one concern is : what happends if one race gets overpopulated? what if everyone plays human, and there is no elf to fight against?
will it also be possible to gain exp from pve? will there be npcs that kill the other race when coming to enemies town?
something like the for the horde raid in WoW: there is an enemy boss(npc), which u can kill,but its insane hard so you'll need a decent team. when killed the other race gets some kind of buff (exp/speed or wathever). each boss can be killed every 5h or so. and it could drop some rare items also.

but good luck and keep us updated! :)

looks really cool! love some of those new spells. I will try it even tho it uses that ugly rl map :p.

My one concern is : what happends if one race gets overpopulated? what if everyone plays human, and there is no elf to fight against?
will it also be possible to gain exp from pve? will there be npcs that kill the other race when coming to enemies town?
something like the for the horde raid in WoW: there is an enemy boss(npc), which u can kill,but its insane hard so you'll need a decent team. when killed the other race gets some kind of buff (exp/speed or wathever). each boss can be killed every 5h or so. and it could drop some rare items also.

but good luck and keep us updated! :)
that would be cool
btw good luck man!

Back