• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team [10.9x] Project: Recruiting Skilled Developers | Paid Opportunities Available

How do you now feel about this project after having read post #182 on page 10?

• It's still unclear. I'll reply below and explain why.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, I would like to apply to be a "Community Manager". I have a ton of experience with running/managing OTs, and I'm quite knowledgeable about the game itself. I promise you I will help players and enforce the rules of your server. I am not looking for any pay, simply to help out your project.
  • Name:
    • Eric Lance Brown
  • Field of Expertise:
    • Management / Database Organization / SQL Queries / Lua / Python / C++ / Java
  • Availability:
    • 2-3 hours every day / Possibly 4-5 hours some days
  • Experience:
    • As experience goes, I am by no means new to this. I have been developing OT servers for 5 years, mostly projects that I have sold, or never actually put online. (Mostly because of financial or timing issues, others dealing with internal administration problems.) I'm a pretty decent mapper as well, if you ever need anything to be done with that I can help you out some, give you a good look and you or the other mapper could tweak it. I was part of a State Winning UIL Computer Programming AND Computer Application Team for 2 consecutive years, we used C++ 90% of the time, but other times the judges threw Python or Java in there to mess with us. I can read and write in Lua pretty well, as most computer programming languages have the same general layout. I worked on several OTs in a vide variety of positions. Any more information you need, just ask me and I will deliver.
  • Languages:
    • Fluently : English
    • Mediocre : Dutch, Swedish, Spanish
    • Basic : Polish, Portuguese
  • Examples:
    • Sadly, I don't have any examples on my computer anymore. I just recently started to develop OTs again, and I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 (I know, don’t start) with a clean install. However, if you need me to prove any skills I have told you, simply ask me and I will show you what I can do. Although, I’m not necessarily looking for a Programming or Mapping position, I could just help you guys out if you get overwhelmed with a big update. Lastly, I have no idea how to show any examples of me being good with a community, but I guarantee you I can manage a group of people well, and answer any questions needed, as well as punish those who break the rules.

King Regards,
-E.B.

Last edited:
@Aelu,

Appreciate you taking the time to write out an application. It won't go unnoticed. ;) I'll add you to the list of potential candidates. Once the Beta launches, I'll be deciding who will hold the two Community Manager positions. At the moment I'm writing from the library at my University, and am going to get back to studying, but I will take your application into consideration.

Regards,
J.Dre

P.S. Please read the main post for scheduling information. I apologize in advance for my not responding to PM's.

I will apply as well for the community manager position since this project interests me!

General information about me:
My name is Elias. I am 17 years old. I live in Norway, Trondheim, to be specific I live 30 minutes south of Trondheim. I go to high school, I am a sophomore on "allmen fag" which is basically the basics Math, Norwegian, English, Science, with some extra classes such as Politics and Human Rights, Psychology and Advanced English. I play on a basketball team in my home town so I am a little bit occupied with that. Other than that I am basically at my computer doing something.

Here is a list of languages I speak:
  • Norwegian (Native language.)
  • Swedish (Almost fluent.)
  • Danish (I understand what they say, but my spelling might be a little bit off.)
  • English (Fluent.)
  • Spanish (I understand and speak a little, currently learning it in school.)
  • Portuguese (I understand a little bit of it and can construct simple sentences.)

Area of expertise:
I do not have much to show for nor have I done much. Though, when I apply for a position which is a speaker for the company, I feel that I excel. I love to speak publicly and I am outgoing. I have basic knowledge in Java and JS. It is not something that I would brag about but I am comfortable to say that I know the basics. I am also learning C#. Coming back to my qualities as a community manager. I will make sure that everyone is having a good time. Regarding netiquette, I feel that this is one of my perks. I have written two separate articles about how to behave both online and offline.
I also enjoy writing stories, so if you need a story, just message me!

Availability:
I am available almost all the time, since I got Skype both on my phone and on my laptop & desktop. I am available from 8.15 AM - 10/11/12 PM my time. I am on my computer for at least 3-4 hours per day. This is of course not a set time, so the times will vary.

Experience:
I have tried managing projects of my own but sadly I have never quite had time for them really. A lot of my time went to school and my girlfriend so many of them got really halted whenever I had exams/midterms in school. However, I have hosted a couple servers from my own computer. They have been sort of a success, pulled 30 players which is quite big, at least for me (since I was 13 years old when I created them). My own experience from hosting that server was that I needed help, I could not do it solo. That is why I understand that you search some representatives for you project/company. I was also a mapper and for gamemaster for Demonika. That was a 8.0 server, custom map, scripts, the works basically. I was community manager/gamemaster for a 8.6 server and some 7.6 Illusion servers back in the day. I have been around since 2008-09 (?).

I understand the importance of enforcing the rules and I know the basic rules by heart, but I would require your changes to rules and reflect on them and I will most certainly ask if there is something I do not understand.

With that I wrap up my application and I will wait for the final decision.
Thank you.

@Zatjin,

Thanks for providing a very thorough application. Appreciate you taking the time to write it up. I've added you to the list. :)

Regards,
J.Dre

Last edited:
And this is how you make a "looking for staff" thread. Information of the project and payment information.

And this is how you make a "looking for staff" thread. Information of the project and payment information.

Glad you appreciate it. :) I spend quite a bit of time creating threads.

We're still searching for two Lua Scripters. Please apply if you're interested. I'll do my best to check this thread daily.

Thanks,
J.Dre

Hi everyone,

Exams are finally over. Going to catch up on sleep for sure. :) Hope I did well. The future of this project counts on it.

Anyway, I just wanted to make a few things clear with the objective of this thread: This Jobs thread is for recruiting a team. Team members operate with a high degree of interdependence, sharing responsibility, remaining accountable for the collective performance of the team while working toward a common goal. And for us to achieve a common goal, we must protect each others ideas and work. We can't be going around each others backs, selling or releasing information. If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. We're only just getting started.

Appreciate your continued support. Applications are still open for the Community Manager positions and will remain open for a while.

Thanks,
J.Dre

I will apply as well for the community manager position since this project interests me!

General information about me:
My name is Elias. I am 17 years old. I live in Norway, Trondheim, to be specific I live 30 minutes south of Trondheim. I go to high school, I am a sophomore on "allmen fag" which is basically the basics Math, Norwegian, English, Science, with some extra classes such as Politics and Human Rights, Psychology and Advanced English. I play on a basketball team in my home town so I am a little bit occupied with that. Other than that I am basically at my computer doing something.

Here is a list of languages I speak:
  • Norwegian (Native language.)
  • Swedish (Almost fluent.)
  • Danish (I understand what they say, but my spelling might be a little bit off.)
  • English (Fluent.)
  • Spanish (I understand and speak a little, currently learning it in school.)
  • Portuguese (I understand a little bit of it and can construct simple sentences.)

Area of expertise:
I do not have much to show for nor have I done much. Though, when I apply for a position which is a speaker for the company, I feel that I excel. I love to speak publicly and I am outgoing. I have basic knowledge in Java and JS. It is not something that I would brag about but I am comfortable to say that I know the basics. I am also learning C#. Coming back to my qualities as a community manager. I will make sure that everyone is having a good time. Regarding netiquette, I feel that this is one of my perks. I have written two separate articles about how to behave both online and offline.
I also enjoy writing stories, so if you need a story, just message me!

Availability:
I am available almost all the time, since I got Skype both on my phone and on my laptop & desktop. I am available from 8.15 AM - 10/11/12 PM my time. I am on my computer for at least 3-4 hours per day. This is of course not a set time, so the times will vary.

Experience:
I have tried managing projects of my own but sadly I have never quite had time for them really. A lot of my time went to school and my girlfriend so many of them got really halted whenever I had exams/midterms in school. However, I have hosted a couple servers from my own computer. They have been sort of a success, pulled 30 players which is quite big, at least for me (since I was 13 years old when I created them). My own experience from hosting that server was that I needed help, I could not do it solo. That is why I understand that you search some representatives for you project/company. I was also a mapper and for gamemaster for Demonika. That was a 8.0 server, custom map, scripts, the works basically. I was community manager/gamemaster for a 8.6 server and some 7.6 Illusion servers back in the day. I have been around since 2008-09 (?).

I understand the importance of enforcing the rules and I know the basic rules by heart, but I would require your changes to rules and reflect on them and I will most certainly ask if there is something I do not understand.

With that I wrap up my application and I will wait for the final decision.
Thank you.
I can recommend @Zatjin without hesitation. Ive had the pleasure of working together with him when I was hosting my custom rpg Damonia and he is someone I would trust again anytime and without hesitation. He managed his tasks seriously and to my full satisfaction.
I know the decision is entirly up to you @J.Dre but you can't choose wrong when it comes to this guy.
Recommended!

Thanks for the recommendation, @Damon. If anyone else has a recommendation, feel free to share. ;)

Today I'd like to address an ongoing concern that this project faces: funding. Lately, I've been working with several Lua Scripters, Programmers, Graphic Designers, etc. (most part-time or on a few specific tasks) and we've agreed on a price based on what you believed was fair. Unfortunately, none of them would like to be on a team working for free or of goodwill. Most only want to make a "quick buck" to pay off a bill or buy something, and then move on. However, my funds are limited and I'm unable to maintain this current pattern of hiring because, long-term, this is costing too much and is not proving to be worth while. So, my plan is to restructure how payments work by implementing a new payment scale. I'm no longer able to offer complete freedom of negotiation. But don't worry, they won't be entirely set in stone.
thumbup1.gif
There will be several options on the table.

Why am I making this change? Aside from the obvious, a lot of people expect to make large amounts of money for tasks - big or small - as if I'm a replacement for a real life job. You must realize that this is Open Tibia not a replacement for a job. Money is the only immediate thing I can offer in return for your help as a motivator, but this doesn't mean I'm able to offer funds equivalent to that of a real life job (e.g. $50/h). I'm sorry for this. If I were rich, I'd be more than happy to. It makes an awkward situation when we're discussing ideas and plans, and then we get to money and I can't afford to pay you. My hope is that this change will bring about more clarity in what I'm able to offer (for now).

For those currently assisting me with development, you will continue to be paid on the old "pay-scale" until your current tasks are complete. Hopefully this change won't result in your absence from the team. I'm sorry I'm not able to offer you equivalent wages to that of a real life job, but this is just a hobby, and I'm just a student pursuing a dream.

Regards,
J.Dre

P.S. If you have any questions, please leave them here or contact me privately. I'll update this post with the new payment scale soon.

Last edited:
0ADQsgO.png

We at ClapSoft® would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We appreciate your continued support. Happy Holidays!​

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation, @Damon. If anyone else has a recommendation, feel free to share. ;)

Today I'd like to address an ongoing concern that this project faces: funding. Lately, I've been working with several Lua Scripters, Programmers, Graphic Designers, etc. (most part-time or on a few specific tasks) and we've agreed on a price based on what you believed was fair. Unfortunately, none of them would like to be on a team working for free or of goodwill. Most only want to make a "quick buck" to pay off a bill or buy something, and then move on. However, my funds are limited and I'm unable to maintain this current pattern of hiring because, long-term, this is costing too much and is not proving to be worth while. So, my plan is to restructure how payments work by implementing a new payment scale. I'm no longer able to offer complete freedom of negotiation. But don't worry, they won't be entirely set in stone.
thumbup1.gif
There will be several options on the table.

Why am I making this change? Aside from the obvious, a lot of people expect to make large amounts of money for tasks - big or small - as if I'm a replacement for a real life job. You must realize that this is Open Tibia not a replacement for a job. Money is the only immediate thing I can offer in return for your help as a motivator, but this doesn't mean I'm able to offer funds equivalent to that of a real life job (e.g. $50/h). I'm sorry for this. If I were rich, I'd be more than happy to. It makes an awkward situation when we're discussing ideas and plans, and then we get to money and I can't afford to pay you. My hope is that this change will bring about more clarity in what I'm able to offer (for now).

For those currently assisting me with development, you will continue to be paid on the old "pay-scale" until your current tasks are complete. Hopefully this change won't result in your absence from the team. I'm sorry I'm not able to offer you equivalent wages to that of a real life job, but this is just a hobby, and I'm just a student pursuing a dream.

Regards,
J.Dre

P.S. If you have any questions, please leave them here or contact me privately. I'll update this post with the new payment scale soon.
Are you accepting any donations? :)

1pxet1.png

Good morning, everyone.

Today we begin planning for the community and its prolonged life. For this project to be successful, I need strong people standing beside me. And with that comes a new position: Community Manager. There will be two spots available for this position. You may read the description of the position here. A Community Manager is more than a staff member. As a Community Manager, you will represent the entire community. We will build a place where everyone is accepted, and you will help me protect it.

More information will soon be available on the main page (under Job Openings).

Regards,
J.Dre

Are you planning a quest on Tibia? Track it and earn Tibia Coins!

Track and create quests for 100% accuracy to earn even MORE!

2me347.png

We're now searching for active Tibia players planning to complete a quest for tracking purposes. I'm not necessarily looking for the map itself, but rather the details of how the quest works, including signs, messages, logs, etc. You should track with great accuracy in that regard! Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions. Read more...
24h bump.

Hi everyone,

The search for help with development continues... I'll be looking for some more help during the month of January. Please apply if interested!

Regards,
J.Dre

Last edited:
Update: Project Funding & Development

u09swOL.png

H
ope you all had a wonderful holiday season. If not, just remember that everything in your life happens as a result of the choices you make. If you want a different result, you have to make a different choice. We at ClapSoft® are wishing all of you a prosperous, fun filled, joyful and fortunate new year ahead. Thank you for your support. Happy New Year!

qOhJX3h.png

Now, let's get down to business: I've been recruiting for a long time now. Unfortunately, our senior programmer, Kamil, who has been of so much help over the past year, is moving on to pursue his career in real life and will no longer be able to maintain his current schedule of development. What does this mean? This means I'm now searching for a very capable programmer to take his place. You'll have big shoes to fill, but with the right amount of effort, I believe it will be possible. There won't be much for me to offer you in return except my appreciation and a small amount of money until after the project launches. But my hope is that someone (or multiple someone's) will be willing to help me finish what's already begun. As I've made very clear, this is a not-for-profit organization. All proceeds will be used to further development, which includes a salary for staff.

qOhJX3h.png

With that said, I would also like to discuss a little about the future of this project: The demand for payment from developers requires me to think outside the box when it comes to raising funds to keep this project alive. Funding for this project is going to dry up over the next few months, as I'm using personal savings and loans to fund this project, which is probably a horrible idea... But hell, if your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough. ;) So, to help keep this project moving forward, we will now be accepting donations* on behalf of the project. My plan is to setup a website portal & forum for people to become official supporters whom will reap benefits after launch amongst the online community we hope to build one day. There will be no in-game benefits or "unfair" advantages for being a supporter. My plan for supporters is one that will develop over the next few months.* But rest assured, my goal is to make sure each and every one of you are recognized amongst the community. Your support will not go unnoticed, and we will thrive. Stay tuned for that!

qOhJX3h.png

With that in mind, I'd like to move on to development: We have been developing tools to assist in development using online resources (such as Tibia.Wikia.com), as well as further progressing the development of the server we'll be using for launch by restructuring most of the important systems within TFS. The new cast system is nearly finished, which I believe all of you will be impressed with. :cool: @Summ has continued to provide us with top quality quests and my hope is that he will be joined by others (e.g. @Ninja) very soon. We'll also be working with @Shadowsong over the next few months in designing updates for the project that will be introduced soon after launch. If you do not know, this will be a multi-world project, beginning at client 8.60 and venturing out into uncharted waters with one goal in mind: to protect what we've built in Open Tibia by giving rebirth to a game lost in itself with a unique vision and elegant touch from some of the brightest developers in Open Tibia. @Chris has expressed great interest in finishing Pandaac, what I believe will be the most elegant of AAC's to ever exist, and will hopefully set a new standard for future developers as it will be entirely open source and available for anyone to use. To be entirely honest, part of me was hoping it would be exclusive to this project, but most of me is happy to know that there are people out there who still want to see this community thrive, and are willing to dedicated hundreds of hours to its survival. It is that passion and faith in our legacy that keeps me going. It is also my hope that others will stand with us.

qOhJX3h.png

If you haven't noticed by now, I've given this project all I can give. It may not be as much as what others can offer, but I'm trying my best. My goal is to give Open Tibia a second chance through continued collaboration with the brightest developers around OtLand in hopes of setting new standards for future members to live up to. There is a chance this project will never see the light of day, but my gut is telling me someone out there is reading this, ready to step up. And with that help, I'll personally see to it that this project protects the community and gives it a strong foundation to stand on when it's all said and done. Not by intruding in the affairs of others, but by inspiring others to continue building to build more and not building to destroy. If you're a programmer or scripter and are reading this thread, please do not hesitate to apply. There's much to look forward to, and I can't do it alone.

Think I've said quite enough for today. Expect a major update every week from now on.

Regards,
J.Dre

35c39mg.png

*A donation is something (such as money, food, clothes, etc.) that you give in order to help a person or organization.
*The plans for donators include but are not limited to: recognition and exclusive access to our closed-beta, preview game-worlds, and test servers.

Special thanks to Kamil. Wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors. You are a bright individual, buddy.

Last edited:
Good morning (or afternoon for some),

I've been working on setting up our mail services for the project as we approach the testing stage in development. You may contact us directly at [email protected].* By the end of the month, I plan to setup our social media group division and create accounts on various social media outlets (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, etc.). Those who are currently working with us, whom would also like to be an official team member of this project, will be given their own email: [email protected]. At this time, I'm unsure of an actual date for the Beta but we've passed the halfway point. Even so, we're still searching for at least one Programmer and two Lua Scripters. All job positions on the main page are still open! Read more...

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Regards,
J.Dre

*We'll do our best to reply to emails within 24 hours. Our mobile application is setup to receive emails, so the turnaround should be fairly quick.

Last edited:
I would be interested to at some degree help forge this projects road to longlivity and success, though I am not wuite sure in which way I would be able to contribute the most.
I have something in mind and will pm you soon :)

Kind regards,
Damon

Hi again,

We're still searching for at least one Programmer and two Lua Scripters. Please keep in mind that I'm putting together a team. I'm not looking for freelance coders at this time. Team members work together to achieve a common goal, and protect each others work without intent to release, resell, or use whatever is being made (or what they may have access to). Programmers will be tasked with implementing source changes - minor and major (mostly minor). Lua Scripters will be tasked with creating, implementing and testing quests.*

Please leave questions and comments below, or send me a private message. I'll respond ASAP. ;)

Regards,
J.Dre

*Quest creation requires accuracy and detail on every level, including creation of NPC's, monsters, items, etc.

Last edited:
Good morning,

The search for a Programmer and two Lua Scripters continues. If I'm able to fill these positions with people who are able to dedicate at least 4-5 hours a day on development, there's a very good chance the server will be ready for closed Beta testing by the end of January (or 3-4 weeks). We're almost there. Please do not hesitate to apply if interested!

Regards,
J.Dre

P.S. Classes are resuming for me on January 11th, so your help would be extremely beneficial.

Hi again,

So, today we're still searching for a Team Programmer. Your job will be to add features (and updates), customize existing features, and fix any known issues. We're also searching for two Team Lua Scripters. You will be asked to accurately create Tibia's quests, items, monsters, and any other existing in-game element. Please apply if you're interested. :)

Regards,
J.Dre

P.S. We're using TFS 1.2. These are paid positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back