• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Project X by Nufebe

Nufebe

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Tibians,

As I don't know what this project will be called yet I will just call it Project X for now.
One of my dreams since I was young is to make my own world from scratch.
I'm a beginner when it comes to mapping and I don't know anything about coding.

It was quite hard to open a thread so please don't be too hard on me, haha.
I seek feedback and constructive criticism in my path of creating this world, so if you will give this to me I will be extremely grateful!

arabella.png
gyyEhj3

Last edited:
Hello nufebe, i know that you are playing on harmonia, i also saw you in game. My char is azerius the dark, but i dont play anymore. Cheers

Also feel free to check out my mapping thread.

@scheisse Hey! Omg I remember you lol. I've been following your maps here, had no idea you were playing on Harmonia!

@Old-Server Yeah I will upload pictures from my map editor, I don't have a server atm.

@leonardo ramos It's actually the same picture, or that was my first try of uploading it, when I edit the post though I can't see any image link so I can't seem to remove it o.o

I love balconies, unique houses and exotic/tropical cities with a garden-y touch.
Feedback is more than welcome!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

My idea is to make a green city (as in grass and a lot of growth, plants etc) surrounded by a mountain, the one you can see south on my minimap, and then desert all around. I want the city to be sort of like an oasis inside the desert. My question is should I put the mountain closer to the city then? There is also a large tomb located underneath the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, put it closer to the city. It will open you a way for some unique and exciting looking structures. For example you could map houses carved into the mountain, small waterfalls coming out of the mountain and flowing through the city forming little rivers..
Otherwise u just have a regular town, around it nature, around it rocks and then desert, its too common in my opinion.
You could also surround the cetral part of the town with aa wall and outside, close to the mountain you could add poorer housesy stacked on each other and carwed into mountain

Looks cool, but a small trick to make your grass seem a little less empty. Change the chance for the grass ID 4526 to a lower number, i.e. 250

Amazing, it seems that otland has some great mappers. If i win the euromillions i will hire like5 of you guys to build a new server with low rates and old school feeling ahah

I think the town has a good structure, not too confusing for roads etc, I do think the detail/areas could be done differently though but it's pretty good especially for a beginner.
Keep it up and looking forward to your progress.

Thanks everyone for the amazing response and feedback! Will post some more pictures soon!

Back