• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Project X? Maybe... (10.++ XDC)

Xagul

deathzot.net
Solutions
Reaction score
Recently quite a few custom OTs have been taking the leap of faith away from 8.6 and turns out the community appears to be interested in it. I know a lot of people have been asking me for XDC again but I don't think I can deliver that server to you guys. It is too much work being an RPG server and in all honestly I am not creative enough for an elaborate RPG server. With that said, I have been playing around with the new TFS 1.x and the new tibia client. It is quite amazing how much cool stuff has been added since 8.6 that I have not been able to take advantage of in previous servers.

It is extremely possible that this "just messing around" project might actually become a reality. The concept is similar to my last RPG (XDC) but instead of it being a full on RPG it will be more of an ARPG. For those who have not played or do not know what an ARPG is... it's sorta like a teleport server but there is still a small element of exploration and the world is more linear rather than overwhelmingly open. Also it is more combat/loot oriented rather than story/quest driven... what can I say lol, I suck at quests/story... It will however, have a bad ass equipment system that has been much improved since XDC.

And last but not least... If you are interested in this idea, give this thread some love so I know if it's worth the time and effort or not.

Disclaimer:
This is in no way a promise. This server may never actually exist. I do have priorities that come before this project. This "idea" is a long way from being "reality". No XDC will not be put online in the mean time.

This project also needs maps!
Just like in a typical ARPG (diablo/poe/torchlight) there is a waypoint system that allows players to discover locations and easily teleport back to them. In this menu there is also a credits section where players can see who mapped/contributed where. If you would like to contribute to the project and get your name on the list, feel free to make stuff and post it here or in PM. Contributions will also be rewarded in-game some how if/when the server is released. The client version is currently 10.98 so feel free to use anything up until that client version!

aa4ea88f919dbadb5c832c0775e824b9.gif

Here are some videos/screenshots of things I've been playing around with.
yJngoyh.png

New Stairs
ad4280d1cd6b51988861b8d5ce617607.gif

Ladder
6140cdc86bfed21641b4e32084766605.gif

Rope
83f6a91b483f2b5faaecd3cf85fc70e4.gif

Jumping - Extended levitate spell functionality
33444368ae0d343ce70e7b1cf61069c4.gif

Special rope that lets you zip across to secret areas
d8d13b8285324609762c94d3eccc1aca.gif
a301c6e588388a1c0d5833519561848d.gif
fccbf83d63720c2c594bbb18825d982b.gif
Elite Monsters
Ndrhues.jpg

Mining Rocks
9bcea5f925b52e6f335bd90644bd800b.gif

Cursed Chests
8431b793c4b72f862e04ba03ce15c866.gif

Last edited:
That'd be dope man if XDC actually makes a new release. The otscene definetly lacks a lot nowadays... Only piece of advice I could give you is to wait with release till Ascalon is "Done", this server deserves more players than what it used to have with 8.6

Best of luck man, i'll be there

IF :']

sounds like something that'll be done in a year or maybe more? Honestly I hate teleports and everytime someone says linear idk what that means and I hate it so don't say those things -.-.

Not one of my thoughts work anymore and I don't want to post anything. what?!

teleports and everytime someone says linear idk what that means
Well since I know you have played it, think of it like Path of Exile.

Teleports as in fast traveling to certain areas. (Waypoints in PoE)
Linear as in you progress from point A to Z rather than starting at H and walking in a random direction to reach A or Z. (Act 1>2>3 in PoE)

Deathzot is very similar in concept, you start in Enigma, progress to Edrona, then to Ancintera, ect ect...
RoA worked the same way.

It is a very nice structure as it provides direction for players rather than sticking them in a giant world and saying "have fun finding where to go".

But please dont do the same as deathzot and make everything level restricted. Shit is a lot more fun when there is no level restrictions like the old days. Atleast there's challenges instead of going easy mode all day

First server I ever liked so much, and the owner doesn't like it. Fuck.

First server I ever liked so much, and the owner doesn't like it. Fuck.
i dont think xagul dislikes xdc... the problem i think xdc has is
1) no revenue ... xagul puts alot of effort into servers but they have to earn him back something.. if he makes a server the only way to guarantee updates is to make sure its worth doing so
2) xdc was to serious in terms of "rpg-ness" evrything he added needed a theme , decent naming , etc ... making updating (expanding) xdc alot harder then it couldve been. (try thinking up theme fitting monster names for each new area for example)
3) despite being a good server xdc never had the population it really needed .. if xdc started off with 250+ players like deathzot think i dont think it wouldve died nearly as fast :(

havent played tibia in forever but i always get on the otland forums just to read stuff, will be following this even if it doesnt happen lmao provides me with hope

Yo, you better find a way to make Unique Items.

I know you think it's a bad design (it's either worthless or BiS), but maybe only unique weapons? Since your weapons are going to be badass, be a shame if they all have to follow a certain paradigm.

Back