• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Protection for Ping/DDoS

Zonet

Web Developer
Reaction score
Yesterday my friends server got pinged by a Polak;)

Is there any good protection program.. also

a firewall but it doesn't help alot... there's experienced pingers...that pings the server 24/7

Is there any nice/good protection for this

Post the program or program name here.

Thanks,
Zonet.

Seriously guys....learn definitions of things before you say them, jesus. Ping isn't the same as DDoS, not even fucking close. You can ping anyone, doesn't do anything to them, just sends a few bytes to check the connection speed.

Its a simple command in the prompt...
C:\Users\Cavito>ping otland.net

Pinging otland.net [83.226.185.245] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 83.226.185.245: bytes=32 time=183ms TTL=41
Reply from 83.226.185.245: bytes=32 time=182ms TTL=41
Reply from 83.226.185.245: bytes=32 time=181ms TTL=41
Reply from 83.226.185.245: bytes=32 time=182ms TTL=41

Ping statistics for 83.226.185.245:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 181ms, Maximum = 183ms, Average = 182ms
I just pinged otland, big deal

DOS atack is not the same as DDOS atack , DOS atack can be easily protected by using a good firewall , DDOS atack can be "lowered" by some good software but the only thing that might stop a ddos atack is special hardware to block the atacks

Dedicated servers offers that kind of hardware on their servers , althought it doesnt protect 100% of DDOS atack, but most of them

A business like CIP still has problems with DDOS so Its my guess if you have this problem your SOL :p there is ways to send rather large packets with ping however I highly doubt it could cause a server to "crash" just make the players online lag to heck.

What a bullshit said here!

First of all, If you want to prevent DDos attacks you should be looking @ hardware, software won't help since their already in your server before the software turns in and stops it.

Good DDos protection usually lies in the Router or gateway thats being used to enter the network.
Same counts for the ping requests, you can block them in your firewall but at that point theyve already passed your router, gateway, switch, physical server and entered the OS to be stopped by the firewall on your system.

@black pearl:
As said above, DDos attacks will have effect on every OS, best to stop them is at your Router or gateway.

Back