• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Purple Outline around a cropped sprite in object builder

nugo

Australia OT Mapper
Solutions
Reaction score
Trying to add some custom sprites and never had an issue doing it except for this sprite sheet.

When i crop the image it puts purple lines around the object in the field to the right.

xbwWT8u.png

They show up like it in game aswell

LSJVIDv.png

doest appear to happen when i test it in the animation editor

i9bfgfw.png

Any ideas?

Solution
Yup, it's coding (transparency) problem. Those sprites you posted there have "half-transparent" pixels and so on. Get rid of those and you'll be fine (replace them with no-transparent pixels OR just delete them - depending on quality and esthetic feeling).

Those pixels/group of pixels I pointed are not "grey" or "almost white". Those are black with 10-90% transparency which for tibia object builder is parser is just not right
Look at your first screenshot on the right, it looks like something's wrong with transparency. It looks like Animation Editor has bigger transparency color toleration than in-game parser.
Can you post one image directly here so we can see if the outline isn't there on sprite?

Look at your first screenshot on the right, it looks like something's wrong with transparency. It looks like Animation Editor has bigger transparency color toleration than in-game parser.
Can you post one image directly here so we can see if the outline isn't there on sprite?

i attached. Yea thats what i ment with the issue in the object builder

Zooming in it looks like it might be the shadows coloring purple, any idea how to remove it?

Attachments

• celianna_farmnature_crops_transparent.png
    celianna_farmnature_crops_transparent.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 11 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Yup, it's coding (transparency) problem. Those sprites you posted there have "half-transparent" pixels and so on. Get rid of those and you'll be fine (replace them with no-transparent pixels OR just delete them - depending on quality and esthetic feeling).

Those pixels/group of pixels I pointed are not "grey" or "almost white". Those are black with 10-90% transparency which for tibia object builder is parser is just not right

Attachments

Solution

Yea cheers, sounds about right. Do you know an efficient way to delete them other then 1 pixel at a time? Magic wand i suppose

nope i had same issue u dont need to remove those transparent pixels just open ur sprites in ob and click save-as, check the transparency option and save them in new folder and from now on use the only the ones that u saved as with transparency option

u will also have problem with otclient with the transparency but there is plenty solutions on forum for that

nope i had same issue u dont need to remove those transparent pixels just open ur sprites in ob and click save-as, check the transparency option and save them in new folder and from now on use the only the ones that u saved as with transparency option

u will also have problem with otclient but there is plenty solutions on forum for that
already solved for him.

Back