• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PyAAC. Revolution or stupidity?

And the best forum solutions today are made in PHP. Funny. :) <sarcasm>What a useless language PHP is.</sarcasm> ^.^

Anyway I will stop posting here now, no need to take this any further. (Quoting Chris's previous post).

And a large amount of financial, military, government and business software responsible for our everyday lives still runs on COBOL. That doesn't make it a good language.

PHP isn't a useless language and I never said anything of the sort. Great things can be done with it and have been done with it. But there are so many better options out there today there is simply no reason to keep using it.

And the best forum solutions today are made in PHP. Funny. :) <sarcasm>What a useless language PHP is.</sarcasm>

Not like that has anything to do with download&run and 420FreeHost.com

Let's remember how PHP is a fractal of bad design

P.S. Those "best" forum solutions are total garbage
P.P.S. The "security breach" was 30% amateur programming and 70% PHP encouraging such style

PHP's execution model is not a problem for me, so there is no reason for me to look for any solution toward it. If you can't handle it go ahead and use another language.
For those who are familiar with the way it works on PHP have no problems using it.
(And if it becomes a problem, or that I create another (new) project that has traits which are not suitable to how PHP does it, it may be worth considering alternative languages).

You should never stick to one language, learn several languages, find their strengths, and use them to your advantage.
The more languages you learn the bigger your "toolbox" becomes, you become more useful for a bigger range of jobs, and you will be able to create more language flexible solutions.
Do not get stuck in a language because of personal opinions that it is the "best". Because even if it is, it may not be in the future.

When it comes to this open tibia community, I feel that the PHP performance satisfy all demands with good margins.
The fact that there are lots of frameworks and lots of different ways to solve the same answer is great since it gives the developer alot of flexibility and freedom to experiment as much as he desire.

For instance the procedural framework Znote AAC uses, Class framework Gesior uses, MVC framework Modern uses. I love it. <3

You have a point here and I feel using JavaScript with other similar based on JS frameworks with PHP and possibly iframes can make it dynamic plus take a look how some applications like forums and blogs for example Wordpress are made using PHP its a whole different usage and idea then what others use and think, PHP has to be used and taken care of with respect is what have I learned and decoding is not that big of a deal if you "know" what are you doing but really destroys your work flow if you let it sit for a while as you have to remember few often mistakes you make so you can correct them. On all that notes using services like Cloudflare and optimization PHP can never become "slow" to the point that it can not be used anymore. Lets be honest and think about internet connections speeds, those 10 % of people that have dedicated more then 5 mbps to them are lucky while others in the world share 5-10 mbps connections with possibility their room-mates, kids, parents, wife and others is not more users like in public places and yet none ever said, my facebook is so slow I can't use it it must be php problem or something similar and to be honest take a look in how many "big" php sheets facebook is made of :D Other then that we have a point here you can't say something is outdated and can't be used if it has great usage and one of the biggest sites on the internet uses it but the biggest and main problem like you might have said is Dynamics but that can be achieved by introducing other languages too. You can never use one language for wide veriety of usage these days on so much platforms :) So keeping all that in mind we might have a decent point!

Neither then less any new software is suitable as long as it behaves as it should me personally I would not bet 150% on any web "interface" that works on other language then PHP for main work area as I have no how to say sense of security :)

Back