• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team PyOT

@Amiroslo being more specific: how functional is PyOT compared to TFS? could you make a list where you compare them?
PyOT is still in Alpha1, which means it is yet not stable to use. PyOT still lacks a lot of features that hasn't been implanted yet. Some people were planning to put on test servers to test the functionality and look for bugs etc but since it got abandoned I dont think any serious test server went actually up.

PyOT documentation can be found here What’s PyOT — PyOT 1.0-alpha1 documentation

I have a list of few things that needs to be done before we can go to Alpha2.

For more information please contact me here or on my Skype: Amir.Amoore

@Amiroslo ... If its that good, as described on first post, why was it abandoned?
It did lack developers. Stian was pretty much the only core developer, with some help from soul4soul etc.
The vast majority want something "download and run" with a full fetch real map. It is the lack of technical people in the Tibia world.

Last edited:
@Amiroslo Which level are you supposed to be on if you want to join the team ?

Intermediate, Advanced, Expert? (Python language)
It depends on where exactly you're willing to work ( as in what part ).
Scripting etc are low-level, especially if you know lua or some other languages.
Core parts is probably more advanced/expert

@Amiroslo

I have some experience in Python (intermediate) and i really like it.
But im not really sure what Iam able to work on, especially in this project.
It would be very helpfull If you could write down some TODO examples.
and If Im not able to work on "advanced/expert" part, i could do the scripting part.

@Amiroslo

I have some experience in Python (intermediate) and i really like it.
But im not really sure what Iam able to work on, especially in this project.
It would be very helpfull If you could write down some TODO examples.
and If Im not able to work on "advanced/expert" part, i could do the scripting part.
Sounds great,

You can find a TODO list here
TODO List — PyOT 1.0-alpha1 documentation
Note, it is kind of outdated, dont take everything that is written there, a new one will be written soon

Last edited:
Sounds great,

You can find a TODO list here
TODO List — PyOT 1.0-alpha1 documentation
I just checked around on the internet, and found out that Python is a lot less coding to get something to work, but the downside of that is that Python is a lot slower compared with C++.
As much as 10-100x slower depending on what kind of work it has to do :(
And in that case, it's a huge bummer as when it comes to online-gaming it need to be fast as fuck :(

You have never thought about starting a C# project instead?
If you do I'm in ASAP :)

I just checked around on the internet, and found out that Python is a lot less coding to get something to work, but the downside of that is that Python is a lot slower compared with C++.
As much as 10-100x slower depending on what kind of work it has to do :(
And in that case, it's a huge bummer as when it comes to online-gaming it need to be fast as fuck :(

You have never thought about starting a C# project instead?
If you do I'm in ASAP :)
Most of the game servers, huge games like EVE Online (written in python too btw) uses a similar design to PyOT, and it runs just fine with 10k players.

You can see more about PyGames here:
PythonGames - Python Wiki

Last edited:
Nice :eek:
Then yeah sure, I'll learn Python as soon I have time to pick it up :D

Not denying the fact that is it slower than C++, but it scripts can be modified and improved. At the end, the speed we get with python should be more than enough when it comes to OTS.
Keep in mind that one Python programmer can finish in two months what two C++ programmers can't complete in a year

On projects like these I highly doubt the programming language is the bottleneck. PyOt seems great =)

Not denying the fact that is it slower than C++, but it scripts can be modified and improved. At the end, the speed we get with python should be more than enough when it comes to OTS.
Keep in mind that one Python programmer can finish in two months what two C++ programmers can't complete in a year
yeah I figured that when I read it's less coding in Python, I still don't know jack shit about Python but I like the sound of it that it's less complicated than C++.
I like C# more than C++ because that thing, for one you have 50% less files to work with, and after that it's a lot easier to work fast under C# :D

yeah I figured that when I read it's less coding in Python, I still don't know jack shit about Python but I like the sound of it that it's less complicated than C++.
I like C# more than C++ because that thing, for one you have 50% less files to work with, and after that it's a lot easier to work fast under C# :D
Python code is 5-10 times shorter than equivalent C++ code!

I just don't like Bitbucket (I disliked it since I was seeing the first PyOT from... vapus, I guess?)

btw- I was reading some stuffs from project, would be great to just set some monsters' defense as default.
Code:
Rotworm.defense(9, fire=1.0, earth=1.0, energy=1.0, ice=1.0, holy=1.0, death=1.0, physical=1.0, drown=1.0)
could be
Code:
Rotworm.defense(9)

And why are you using Python 2.7 instead 3.5+? The other PyOT used 3.4, right? (I don't know much about python, I'm just asking for knowledge)

As I said, I can't help since I don't know Python, but I'll follow the project as I did with the old one :) GL

Back