• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Q]First ots going on problems- phpmyadmin, and sql

igorzp

Reaction score
Hello !
I ve problem with my first OTS settled on VPS server.
Compiled serverfiles, installed all necesary libs and also all clients, like apache2, mysql, mariadb, phpmyadmin.
First thing is i cant connect to mysql while starting the gamefile, doesnt matter whar ip i put there, if localhost like belowe, refued, if my vps ip, refused.
I can log in to the mariadb by shell commands in putty, but the game doesnt connect with it.

The other problem is with phpmyadmin, it doesnt work at all, when i go ''myvpsip/phpmyadmin it shows a php code of it, not actually a site. But as i place my ip in www it shows the default starting page.
Im new to ots making and i have no clue how to make it going.

Im using the 1.3 version of files which is 10.98 tibia ver. My OS is Debian 9.

Any advice guys?
error1.png
error2.png

Attachments

Solution
Hey if you use MariaDB go Next steps to working connnect (no use root to connect tibia server)
Go putty login Root

Code:
mysql -u root -p
Password you mysql

Create new user
Code:
CREATE USER 'NewuserName'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'NewYouPasswordToUser';
Grant use you mysql name
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON NameYouMysql.* TO 'NewUserName'@'localhost';
CTRL + C
restart mysql
Code:
service mysql restart
Great first post.
Keep up this kind of detail when making threads and you'll be sure to get relevant answers.

Just wanted to post that.
Unfortunately I don't have any experience in this issue, so I can't contribute an answer.

You most likely supplied invalid credentials for the MySQL connection, you can change them in config.lua, use localhost or 127.0.0.1.
For the website, it looks like your .php files don't get ran using PHP, you should probably install that and set your webserver up so .php files get ran by PHP

Hey if you use MariaDB go Next steps to working connnect (no use root to connect tibia server)
Go putty login Root

Code:
mysql -u root -p
Password you mysql

Create new user
Code:
CREATE USER 'NewuserName'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'NewYouPasswordToUser';
Grant use you mysql name
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON NameYouMysql.* TO 'NewUserName'@'localhost';
CTRL + C
restart mysql