• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Question regarding premium TFS

Muzzy

Reaction score
"NO SUPPORT for private SVN TFS (0.4) here !"

Hello! I'd like to start by saying I know that I'm not allowed to ask certain questions about the cutting edge TFS version. If what I'm asking in this thread is considered to be that kind of a question, feel free to ignore this and delete the thread, because it is not my intention to leech unfairly.

I've been struggling to find a server that has everything I want, 9.86 support, working spells, scripts, monster/monster drops, easy switching between custom maps with everything working the way it should and the list goes on. I've heard some people say that the premium TFS covers all or at least most of this, and some that it's wishful thinking to hope that such a server exists, and my question is thus simply as follows:

Is this the case? If it is I'd gladly pay to get it, but I really need to know this before I move on.

Thanks a lot, and hopefully this doesn't fall into the category of questions mentioned above.

There is no such thing as a server being done exactly how you expect it to be done.
When you are premium, you will have access to the private SVN where you can download the source code to the latest revisions of 0.2, 0.3 and 1.0.

These revisions, again, are not guaranteed to contain everything you are looking for. You have to put a little bit of work into it.
For example, the latest SVNs do NOT have the latest monsters (like coryms), you need to add them yourself or search around the forum, someone may have released them for free.
I don't know what you mean by working scripts and easy switching between custom maps. It sounds like you have absolutely no experience in OT.

Premium isn't a way to hide the good stuff from others. It basically is only access to unfinished revisions that arent stable enough for public release. Once they are stable they get released to the public. I'm sure i saw talaturen release a 0.3 in the public sections here.

So no, you most likely wont find a ready made server there and most likely just raw versions of the servers. Maybe a few projects released by members but bot what you are looking for.

There is no such thing as a server being done exactly how you expect it to be done.
When you are premium, you will have access to the private SVN where you can download the source code to the latest revisions of 0.2, 0.3 and 1.0.

These revisions, again, are not guaranteed to contain everything you are looking for. You have to put a little bit of work into it.
For example, the latest SVNs do NOT have the latest monsters (like coryms), you need to add them yourself or search around the forum, someone may have released them for free.
I don't know what you mean by working scripts and easy switching between custom maps. It sounds like you have absolutely no experience in OT.

Oh yeah, I've never really been hosting anything major before. What I mean with working scripts is quests and stuff, which for the layman is very advanced but to a more experienced scripter is a walk in the park. As for easy switching between custom maps, I mean incorporating said scripts into the new map without everything falling apart which is what I've come to realize likes to happen a lot.

You mentioned Coryms, that should probably be fine if there're just a few monsters missing, one could surely add them in, but what I've noticed from the free versions is that there are quite a few missing monsters, or maybe I just haven't found the good ones.

I guess the most important one that's missing is the spells, specifically the formulas. I've been scratching my head trying to get them just right for a couple days, but they just spike way too much. An example would be brutal strike, which according to tibia-stats would do with a level 100, 100 axe and SCA, min: 124 avg: 177 max: 229. Instead it ends up going like 50-250. For someone like me that's a very difficult thing to get around, so I've tried finding other spell XMLs to replace the ones I have, but it ends up crashing the entire server whilst spamming with something along the lines of:

exhaust: 2000, 1000

I'm sure you can find some scripts in the resources section, even monster files too.
If you're changing maps, you obviously have to make changes to the new map to make the scripts work, it's not gonna hop off the old map and hop on the new map expect itself to work the right way.

According to the private SVN, monsters have not been updated in 357 days, this is before the Gnome update. So, it will not include ANY monsters from Summer Update 2012 and Winter Update 2012.

I'm sure you can find some scripts in the resources section, even monster files too.
If you're changing maps, you obviously have to make changes to the new map to make the scripts work, it's not gonna hop off the old map and hop on the new map expect itself to work the right way.

Yeah, the way I've got around it until now is I just use the exact same location they have the normal one. For example annihilator, I'd just use the same x/y/z and use the same script that already exists and somehow build around it making it look custom when it's actually in the same place.

So people get 9.86 simply by coding it themselves? If so I'm screwed. :(

You can get 9.86 right now on private SVN, it just won't include everything you probably expect it to have.
As I have said before, you need to do more work to get it exactly how you want it and it may include programming.

You're definitely not screwed, hop around the forum and start learning. Someone has to start at some point, even me, right?

You're probably right, are there guides on how stuff works on private SVN as well? I noticed you have a guide on compiling TFS there, if so then I'm probably not screwed after all. I was mainly thinking if I had to learn everything from scratch and figure out how things work without having a guide to back me up at least a little.

There are multiple compiling tutorials on the premium board AND on the main board here.
You also have a ton of tutorials for many other things, all available to you.
You also have the resources board which contains free and available scripts for you to use, as well as the request section where you can request scripts.
You also have our beloved support board, in which you're already on. Lots and lots of people are willing to help you with anything you need.

There are multiple compiling tutorials on the premium board AND on the main board here.
You also have a ton of tutorials for many other things, all available to you.
You also have the resources board which contains free and available scripts for you to use, as well as the request section where you can request scripts.
You also have our beloved support board, in which you're already on. Lots and lots of people are willing to help you with anything you need.

You're right, I'll check out premium and see if I can get some more solutions, I've already exhausted most of the free boards looking for solutions to 9.86 support and working spells, but I guess I'll just look a little harder and in the premium section as well. As for the other things I was hoping was included in the premium version of TFS it would just be as an added bonus since I could work around those things in other ways, I'm making this server completely alone so I'd want any shortcut possible, since specially the mapping takes up a lot of time and effort.

Thanks!

Back