• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Re-Launch]Damon's Hosting Service I PrePaid I Special Offers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update!
Due to a recent security update, some of our machines where not starting up again which was causing a minor (unexpected) downtime for some of our customers. We hereby apologize for any inconvenience and are already working on a constant uptime monitoring solution :) As of now you will be automatically inboxed (via your customer email adress) when your server goes down. Your server status will be checked every 5 of minutes. If it is unreachable you will be notified. This way it is easier for you to contact us immediately if something is wrong! We wont be taking action before a downtime of atleast 10 minutes has been reached as it could also have just been a scheduled reboot executed by you. Please note that while we will be able to minimize unexpected downtime, we won't always be able to process it within 5 minutes. This whole system is meant to keep you updated aswell as to speed up the process of your server going back online.
Please check your E-Mails as you will need to click on a confirmation link to acctually activate this feature!

Last edited:
New feature!
I will soon deploy a 2TB backup server where all customers will get access to in order to backup their servers data!
For those who want automatic backups along with an easy to use webinterface there will be a solution coming with a one time fee :)

@Kungenn @LuckyM @Olddies

Teaser for the summer update 2016 (scheduled for July)!
Had to use a shitty freeware program to make the teaser rip

Features:
- VPS Control panel (start, stop, reinstall, monitor resources, backup, oneclick scripts, prebuild templates..)
- Automatic VPS provisioning after order (get started >5 minutes after your order has been made)
- New billing system
- New ticket system
- More!

Furthermore within the next 24 hours all customers will receive an e-mail with access details to the backup server :)

Teaser for the summer update 2016 (scheduled for July)!
Had to use a shitty freeware program to make the teaser rip

Features:
- VPS Control panel (start, stop, reinstall, monitor resources, backup, oneclick scripts, prebuild templates..)
- Automatic VPS provisioning after order (get started >5 minutes after your order has been made)
- New billing system
- New ticket system
- More!

Furthermore within the next 24 hours all customers will receive an e-mail with access details to the backup server :)
Is the servers 100% safe? And do you have any plans to shutdown your service?

Is the servers 100% safe? And do you have any plans to shutdown your service?
It is the users responsibility to secure their VPS. All VPS come unmanaged though Knowledgebase will include tutorials on how to secure the server.
No, I do not have any plans to shutdown my service anytime soon.

It is the users responsibility to secure their VPS. All VPS come unmanaged though Knowledgebase will include tutorials on how to secure the server.
No, I do not have any plans to shutdown my service anytime soon.
I was thinking if my information or my files would be safe, and not leaked by the administrators.

I was thinking if my information or my files would be safe, and not leaked by the administrators.
No files will be leaked by us.

Edit:
lol. the video was just flagged and removed by youtube. Gz. no idea why. Trying to reupload tomorrow

No files will be leaked by us.

Edit:
lol. the video was just flagged and removed by youtube. Gz. no idea why. Trying to reupload tomorrow
Good to hear. I just wanted to be sure.

Gonna be selfhosting the video probably as youtube doesnt like it for some reason^^ Whereas the music acctually couldve been the only cause for flagging I can imagine it would be strange as I picked the music from within youtubes video editor to be sure it is allowed.

Gonna be selfhosting the video probably as youtube doesnt like it for some reason^^ Whereas the music acctually couldve been the only cause for flagging I can imagine it would be strange as I picked the music from within youtubes video editor to be sure it is allowed.
You can check who claimed your video. Or see the reason why it has been taken down.

You can check who claimed your video. Or see the reason why it has been taken down.
The only thing I was shown regarding the video was their ToS. Are promotional videos/teasers not allowed anymore? There gotta be thousands from non partners^^

I dont think its because its a promotional video.:p Well its Youtube so we never can be 100% sure.
Well gonna host it on my servers :p

All clients with linux vps have been emailed their backup server credentials :)
If you encounter any problems when trying to access the backup server let me know!

Question:
While the new infrastructure and control panel will have to wait till summer I am already creating install scripts for various common linux vps applications. Is there anything aside from this youd like to be able to install 1-click?
@Kungenn @Olddies @gurden

So far planned:

- Webserver stacks: LAMP/LEMP/Litespeed
- Gameservers: CSGO, TF2 and more
- Voice: TS3, Mumble, Ventrilo
- Webapps: MediaWiki
- CMS: WordPress, Joomla
- Webhosting CP: Vestacp, Webuzo, Centos CP
- OpenVPN
- OpenSSH

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I just signed up for Damon's hosting service last week.
I had no idea how to host a server or how it worked at all. I picked the Windows VPS, since I am so uneducated in this.
It worked perfectly, it was very easy for me to install and run TFS on his VPS.
Before I bought the VPS a few friends mentioned that a server that is in Europe wouldn't work for me being on the West coast of North America. They were wrong, It works perfectly fine and I haven't heard a complaint yet!
I look forward to using his service into the future!

For beginners and for all... This is a great service!
Thanks,
-Tys

Hi everyone,

I just signed up for Damon's hosting service last week.
I had no idea how to host a server or how it worked at all. I picked the Windows VPS, since I am so uneducated in this.
It worked perfectly, it was very easy for me to install and run TFS on his VPS.
Before I bought the VPS a few friends mentioned that a server that is in Europe wouldn't work for me being on the West coast of North America. They were wrong, It works perfectly fine and I haven't heard a complaint yet!
I look forward to using his service into the future!

For beginners and for all... This is a great service!
Thanks,
-Tys
Yeah they were wrong i also live in usa and i have a ping of 140 + or - it is working well for me had no problems yet :D

How much is it for lets say a host for a 8.60 realmap? the map size is (90.8 MB) i also plan to purchase a countdown between April 1st - April 5th ;d was seeing if you'd be able to host it untill & after i do the countdown, i have already got a few players who will donate they just wanna make sure it will be up 100% and when i purchase that countdown id love to have a host up and running, if you'd like you could maybe let me use the host after i do the countdown and after a few hours i should make enough to pay you for the host, any more information can be seen here.

https://otland.net/threads/usa-myth...-free-points-open-beta-ends-april-1st.240779/

How much is it for lets say a host for a 8.60 realmap? the map size is (90.8 MB) i also plan to purchase a countdown between April 1st - April 5th ;d was seeing if you'd be able to host it untill & after i do the countdown, i have already got a few players who will donate they just wanna make sure it will be up 100% and when i purchase that countdown id love to have a host up and running, if you'd like you could maybe let me use the host after i do the countdown and after a few hours i should make enough to pay you for the host, any more information can be seen here.

https://otland.net/threads/usa-myth...-free-points-open-beta-ends-april-1st.240779/
Seems like scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back