• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real or custom? Change ur freaking title name

Klank

Althea ¤ A New World Developer
Reaction score
Im sick of looking at the advertisement section, where it says custom all the way from the top to bottom.

Call the real map server's edited instead of custom rl map, we all know as soon as a nub delete a chair or a grass tuff he calls it custom.
This will give more attraction to the servers that are, in fact a custom server.

Anyone agree, or iz diz a stupid post?

I has 100% custom map.. is full rl map but I change normal grass to dark green grass now 100% custom map!!!

Hahaha.. I just had to :D

Im sick of looking at the advertisement section, where it says custom all the way from the top to bottom.

Call the real map server's edited instead of custom rl map, we all know as soon as a nub delete a chair or a grass tuff he calls it custom.
This will give more attraction to the servers that are, in fact a custom server.

Anyone agree, or iz diz a stupid post?
I agree whole heartedly! I see "Custom" Followed by rl map and just facepalm like wtf?

I think there are two main issues that need to be considered/addressed prior to this proposal going ahead.
- The terms "custom" and "real map server" are subjective. A definition needs to be created on exactly what constitutes a "custom" server. Without this, fair moderation is near impossible.
- This proposal will create a significant increase of required moderation in the section. Who would look after this? Do they have the time?

I don't think (Gengia/ Pyre) etc should change an rl map to a custom though, I propose anything that is rl map to be in the real map section, perhaps another category for the "semi-custom" servers which are just like PVP based no RPG content etc

I can see why this change doesn't take effect. Because it only causes more problems and doesn't solve anything.

All server in OTLand are actually custom.
So most likely lot of people start placing their server under custom sub-forum. And then the mass hate fest begins.
"this is not custom enough" - reports thread to be moved.
then another guy is "its more custom than this" - reports 2 threads to be moved.
and this can go back and forth forever.
I'm "sure" @cbrm would like to kick threads around, but as you can see it won't really solve anything.

This requires a huge change from OTLand part, problem is: people don't want to be part of it, they just want to get the results.
But here is my idea anyway:
3 threads: new servers, custom server, real map servers. (we could break it even more down but 2 sections is enough already imo)
Only moderators can move thread to custom or real map server. (or maybe selected new few OTLand staff positions, with power to MOVE!!)

We as regulars can put our thread up to "new servers" and we have to include a poll: (missing a poll may cause your thread to be deleted, same like with the other rules given on advert thread)
1. move to real map(aka copy-pasta)
2. move to custom

Then the majority of other users can decide where to move the thread.
This will require weekly check trough the new server threads and when results are clear enough, staff member can move it to appropriate section,
After thread is moved, poll is also removed and moderators should ignore the thread moving requests for at least 1 month.

Last edited:
since OTLand is undergoing a change, shall I bump this?

I support this. I'v been talking about the Real map server infestation for Years now. This also includes the Revolutions map copy/pastes aswell. Honestly i don't like to see servers being put up that next to no effort was put into them in the first place.
(Cash grab servers should be removed)

Back