• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real or custom? Change ur freaking title name

Klank

Althea ¤ A New World Developer
Reaction score
Im sick of looking at the advertisement section, where it says custom all the way from the top to bottom.

Call the real map server's edited instead of custom rl map, we all know as soon as a nub delete a chair or a grass tuff he calls it custom.
This will give more attraction to the servers that are, in fact a custom server.

Anyone agree, or iz diz a stupid post?

Generally speaking I agree that saying a map is custom when its just slightly edited is lying. But it can get a little tricky. For example right now I'm developing a server. I am doing it alone and in free time so by possibilities are limited. I took original map and wanted to do a smaller sandbox out of it. I selected Carlin and its neighborhood and deleted everything else. I wish i had custom map but its just too much work for now. So I started modding that small sandbox I extracted. I removed Ghostland and made my own zone there - Fields Of Betrayal. Is my map custom or real?

tl;dr: the difference between real and custom map might be blurry sometimes.

"Im tired"... lol, I think everyone can name it the way they want, since its a public space to do so... and as stated above, the difference can be blurry sometimes. I don't see the problem since you "are not playing them anyway"

2 years in the wrong section.. no wonder no staff has checked this thread.

Back