• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real or custom? Change ur freaking title name

Klank

Althea ¤ A New World Developer
Reaction score
Im sick of looking at the advertisement section, where it says custom all the way from the top to bottom.

Call the real map server's edited instead of custom rl map, we all know as soon as a nub delete a chair or a grass tuff he calls it custom.
This will give more attraction to the servers that are, in fact a custom server.

Anyone agree, or iz diz a stupid post?

agree, but their advertizement title looks as much copy pasted than the server itself.

Its possible something is generating them once per day.

agree, but their advertizement title looks as much copy pasted than the server itself.

Its possible something is generating them once per day.

Its so frustrating.. Still i dont care how their server looks like, cuz im not gonna play it anyway. What bother's me, is seeing custom server's and then its not afterall. Should make a own section for custom servers and rl maps

Yeah, hate all these 200 rl maps coming up every day that closes after a day and calls itself a custom map. Fully supports this idea.

better to implement tags in title just like the support section (windows, lua etc) :)

better to implement tags in title just like the support section (windows, lua etc) :)
Well then we still had to deal with the problem of having 10 rlmaps on the first page which is what the thread creator wants to abolish if Im not mistaking him.

There actually used to be a sub-thread on the advertisment section that was specificly designed for custom servers only. It's obivously not there anymore but something similar should be implemented again.
I am also tired of seeing all of these real maps that claim to be "custom" and it's just annoying filtering through all of the real maps to find what I'm searching for. Even if a real map server is edited, has custom islands, or whatever else I still think it should be considered a real map. Whether is a new section, or requiring people to use proper tags, something should be done to fix this problem.

Good to see its, not just me...
Votes speak for themselves so far..
Someone tag a admin responsible for such things!:p

Well then we still had to deal with the problem of having 10 rlmaps on the first page which is what the thread creator wants to abolish if Im not mistaking him.
when you click on a tag it will just display the selected ones :p look

I think it's a good idea, but I would rather see a sub forum in Advertisement for real map servers, so all real map servers are placed together there and the rest of the servers just stay where they are atm in the Advertisement board.
Good thing with this is that people who look for a real map server only have to click on the sub forum, which is easy to understand also for people who are not familiar with the forum and people who don't want to play real map servers can simply ignore it.

Bunp this, we need a a admin to see it! Dont know who's responsible for this but ill try tag you @Mark

@Limos arent you able to fix something like this?

Its one if the things otland needs the most

@Red

Last edited:
Come on guys. Let us get this more active for adminz

Can we actually get something to happen? I mean Limos already addressed the problem and came up with a very good suggsestion.
How come we aren't seeing these things put into action?... The poll is 35-0 infavor of creating a section for custom servers only.
The fact that 35 people even voted is pretty suprising and seeing that no one voted against it just ensures that this needs to happen.
What's the point of having Admin/Staff is they are not willing to address and or fix the problem.

Back