• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RealOTs 7.7 Clone Project

All RealOTs monsters have been converted to work on my server, each one of them was tested on certain limits, such as loot, attacks, defenses, and behavior.
There are now 204 quests.
The game is now fully playable, here I'll leave the todo list:

Code:
TODO: END THE APE CITY MISSION 9 (reward (?)
TODO: GHOSTLANDS MONKS DIARY QUEST (ADD MISSING ITEMS THAT I DON'T KNOW, DO SOME RESEARCH)
TODO: WORK ON THE BRIGHT SWORD QUEST, IN CASE OF WRONG BARREL FILL THINGS WITH WALL.
TODO: Power Bolts Quest in PoH (Under hole with Giant Spider, I need to research for the correct locations :D)

-- MONSTERS / RAIDS / BOSSES --
TODO: Set Flamethrower Spawns
TODO: Set Badger Spawns
TODO: Set Gazer Spawns
TODO: Infernatil
TODO: Set Magicthrower Spawns
TODO: Morgaroth
TODO: Murius
TODO: Necropharus
TODO: The Old Widow
TODO: Orshabaal
TODO: Yeti
TODO: All Raids

I'm able to run a test server right away lolz.

Do hunters spam arrows? Are giant spiders as ruthless as they are in RealOTS?

By that I mean, do giant spiders run through monsters without hesitation, or are they like Tibianic and run around rats and poison spiders rather than running through them/killing?

Double fire waves from dragons?

Do hunters spam arrows? Are giant spiders as ruthless as they are in RealOTS?

By that I mean, do giant spiders run through monsters without hesitation, or are they like Tibianic and run around rats and poison spiders rather than running through them/killing?

Double fire waves from dragons?

Dragons can double wave, yes, sometimes though. Tibia 7.4 was when monsters used to double spell a lot, after 7.6 this was changed, still occurred but less occasionally like before.

Yes, I've taken care of the creature Hunter, it should be somewhat accurate to RealOTs, since CipSoft uses bit flag for chances, and damage types though, but I figured them out already.

I've tried Giant Spiders, they work the way they are supposed to, or am I missing something here? If you have a video from TibiaNic or RealOTs itself from hunting giant spiders and showing up this behavior I will be able to compare it. Somewhat the same I did with monster chasing delay, it was a video from RealOTs :)

I've tried Giant Spiders, they work the way they are supposed to, or am I missing something here? If you have a video from TibiaNic or RealOTs itself from hunting giant spiders and showing up this behavior I will be able to compare it. Somewhat the same I did with monster chasing delay, it was a video from RealOTs :)
If there are 10 monsters on your screen, and you are running a giant spider, the giant spider on Tibianic will run around all the monsters instead of running through all the monsters like they did on RealOTS.

If there are 10 monsters on your screen, and you are running a giant spider, the giant spider on Tibianic will run around all the monsters instead of running through all the monsters like they did on RealOTS.
ye only time something like a giant spider would kill another monster to get to you was if the only way to you was blocked by a monster. you could essentially use a weaker monster to kite stronger ones

This holds true on Tibianic (and most OTServers)

It however wasn't the case in RealOTS.

Now I get your point, I'll take a look at it tonight, as it's true, and it's a great feature to be implemented. Though, the monster chasing delay is not as accurate as it should be, however, it works. I haven't had the time to perform on the code as deeply to get a 110% better code, but the one I have right now at least works.

Here I'll list the game features:

Monsters:
  • You can't lure monsters around another player, e.g; Giant Spider. The monster will actually try and target this other person instead. This feature works as intended as in RealOTs.
  • Every monster has a different target chance, this is used to have a better accurate system to RealOTs, bigger and stronger monsters are more likely to re target.
  • A monster will only try and walk through (Poison Gas, Energy Field, and Fire) if it's been damaged with the same type of condition before. However, if the monster is capable of handling the damage it will walk over the field and try to catch you.
  • Ranged monsters will tend to target the nearest target instead of the current one, this works as intended as in RealOTs, however it happens after some little time and only if the nearest targets ain't trying to get in touch with the creature.
  • While chasing ranged monsters after more than 1.5 seconds, the monster will start to delay attack, however it's not as accurate as it should be, well, the monster sometimes can walk two extra square meters and then delay, repeat. Also, sometimes the monster will not move from it's current position, it's most likely a path finding bug, as I have modified it a bit.
Things I'll work on, maybe tonight, or another day:

• Monsters will only haste if the target is > attack range.
  • Monsters will only try and heal if current health is lower than maximum health.
  • Monsters won't cast invisible if it's invisible already, the current OpenTibia code for it is not very accurate, it works, but fails sometimes, that's why I've reduced monsters invisible duration.
  • When a monster casts a wave spell, e.g; Dragon wave. It should look to the player while casting it, OpenTibia already has the code for it, but the thing is that it happens to fast that it's actually not visible.
Re-spawning system:

• Every monster in the map has a minimum of 60 seconds to re-spawn.
  • The minimum re-spawn time will be increased/decreased based on the current amount of players online, and the amount of players around the current spawn zone (This is still in experimental stage, I have to try it once I have a live server).
Server Save system:

• Server save will save all houses, guilds, and characters information in the database.
  • Server save will reload every code in the game for changes.
  • If the game requires a heavy server save, e.g; A core change, a map change. A small memory clean up will be executed, the entire map will be reloaded from the hard drive. Part of the game loaded information will be kept in memory, then, the game can start up again.
Floor Reset system:

• Floor reset system starts up every time the game starts up.
  • This system will only reset tiles that no player is been around for at least 5 ~ 30 minutes.
  • For the system to check for a certain area takes around 1 to 2 hours, starting from west-top down to south-east.
Skull system:

• The skull system is been remaining untouched to this day, it's currently configured as default.
  • Kills to Banishment: 20
  • Kills to Red skull: 3
  • White Skull time: 15 minutes.

There is one big quest to be done; The Blue & Green Djinns Quest. I'm not sure if should I implement it, or keep it free for everyone. I'm really tired of big quests, The Postman's took most of my energy :sad:

Cloning RealOTS=Cloning Djinn quest

You signed up for it brah =P/

True, you reminded me what this project was really about, thanks lol.

I'll gather all the information I need about this quest today (if League of Legends doesn't takes most of my spare time LOL).

@Zithium:

I've not really thought about donations yet, feedback is welcomed.

True, you reminded me what this project was really about, thanks lol.

I'll gather all the information I need about this quest today (if League of Legends doesn't takes most of my spare time LOL).

@Zithium:

I've not really thought about donations yet, feedback is welcomed.
shouldn't really be 'donations' in the traditional sense, premmy should be free but there should be a golden account like in realots (or i think it was). free light/access to djinns without quest n idk wat else xd

shouldn't really be 'donations' in the traditional sense, premmy should be free but there should be a golden account like in realots (or i think it was). free light/access to djinns without quest n idk wat else xd

Would you pay for that? Cause I can't think of anyone who would.

@Ezzz

Are you able to use the realots files with your clone project?

there should be further advantages which im too lazy to think of xD

Converted, yes. NPCs, monsters, movements and quests come frrom real files.

Edit:

One quest I'm not able to gather information for; The Explorer Society, I forgot about this one.

Last edited:

Undecided.

I'm thinking of;

• From level 8 to level 29 - 35x
  • From level 30 to level 49 - 20x
  • From level 50 to level 79 - 10x
  • From level 80 to level 90 - 7x
  • From level 91 to level 100 - 5x
  • From level 101 to level 200 - 4x
This will allow anyone to gain levels without having to spend uncountable hours of gameplay, I want to keep it fun, though it's not super RPG like RealOTs was, since I haven't even launched a test server, etc... I'm up for advice.

I dont know if we can vote the exp rates, but i just want to give my opinion on wich rates i find better.

8-29 x7
30-50 x5
50-80 x4
80 - 120 x3
120 - ...... x2

low rates makes the game last longer and give more importance to not dying , and more reasons to start a war and give your best to win it.

I dont know if we can vote the exp rates, but i just want to give my opinion on wich rates i find better.

8-29 x7
30-50 x5
50-80 x4
80 - 120 x3
120 - ...... x2

low rates makes the game last longer and give more importance to not dying , and more reasons to start a war and give your best to win it.
i like dem rates aswell =D

Back