• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RealOTs 7.7 Clone Project

you should consider hosting the server by a company instead from a home-computer

With any cash the server is able to make will go for a dedicated hosting company and not home-computer. I'm not able to get a host myself Il ive in a comunist country.

Last edited:
Make a thread in Advertisement after you will make everything, I will be there for sure :)
Also USA host isn't too big problem there are many programs like LowerPing or WTFast to make it playable.

I actually can't wait to play this server, is it going to have all the things RealOTS did, like Exura gran for knights and stuff.
Hopefully it will be 1 week from when you said :D I believe if it is stable and just like RealOTS you will get enough donations within the first week to get a dedicated anyway I will for sure support the server with some donations.

I'd rather play the real RealOTS/cipsoft engine than a re-make

If the outcome is the same I don't see a problem at all, also this server would be 100% customizable where realots isn't due to the fact you can't edit the sources

If the outcome is the same I don't see a problem at all, also this server would be 100% customizable where realots isn't due to the fact you can't edit the sources
yes you can o.o. jus no custom mapping unless someone makes another mapeditor for it

this server is really good but there will inevitably be tiny bugs that won't be completely worked out until a couple months or so of thorough playing

yes you can o.o. jus no custom mapping unless someone makes another mapeditor for it

this server is really good but there will inevitably be tiny bugs that won't be completely worked out until a couple months or so of thorough playing

I'm 99% sure that they don't have the source code of the original files so you can edit them

I actually can't wait to play this server, is it going to have all the things RealOTS did, like Exura gran for knights and stuff.
Hopefully it will be 1 week from when you said :D I believe if it is stable and just like RealOTS you will get enough donations within the first week to get a dedicated anyway I will for sure support the server with some donations.

I'm able to add such spells, right now they aren't added, as the server is still small (RealOTs stock), and still needs some testing within the NPCs selling spells (in case of a spell name typo, which can be fixed in less than a ten with a reload). So like I said before, the server is stable and ready to go live, but there is always a chance to find a really small bug, mostly a script bug that is easily fix able. Something like the Ape City Quest bug I found in the last test server, there was an incorrect number for quest value to access The Forbidden Lands.

I'd rather play the real RealOTS/cipsoft engine than a re-make

You're now saying that because a Swedish guy is claiming to have RealOTs files, you're good to play that server if you like, but don't go around crying when everyone is high level with not enough places to hunt and the uncountable amounts of limitations there are, and don't come up here saying he is going to add Dagorland, well good luck if that is anywhere true, the real RealOTs requires stupidly amount of dedication, if even TibiaNic's version of RealOTs failed because of the limitations and work, I wouldn't expect this one to survive either, oh besides most Dennis come backs failed too. Not wishing any bad luck, but using a 2007 engine with that amount of limitations is just not right with today's community that is always looking for a change in the game, so they do not get bored.

While having a perfect remake I'm even able to update it to work for 7.8 with some protocol changes (Not that that is going to happen though i'm just clarifying that it's best to have a remake).

While using RealOTs you are pretty much stuck to Tibia 7.7.
You can't increase generation rates, you can't increase respawn rates, you can barely edit the map and not complete and takes work (The map editor is not even like SimOne's), you can't modify the real sources (game binary file), to add features, upgrade the protocol to 7.8 for example, no.

I mean, we have all seen RealOTs's history through time, in the meanwhile people start to get levesl and levels while the administrators of the server are limited and can't really increase the gameplay until a limit. How many RealOTs (Real ones) have we seen and seen fail in the meanwhile, 5, 6?.

Concerning bugs; Very little, if it was you the one I teleported around the map to check for bugs, they were very little and ended up fixed, nothing that can't be fixed though :^/

Edit;
I have to add that this project has unique features no other OpenTibia server has, not even TFS, It's the nearest to RealOTs, some of the people that joined the test server were able to see it, and I got good feedback from them for the unique features that were implemented.

Last edited:
While using RealOTs you are pretty much stuck to Tibia 7.7.
You can't increase generation rates, you can't increase respawn rates, you can barely edit the map and not complete and takes work (The map editor is not even like SimOne's), you can't modify the real sources (game binary file), to add features, upgrade the protocol to 7.8 for example, no.
Wrong. Iryont fixed spawn rate, Dennis fixed regeneration, map editing can be done (dagorlad was fucking HUGE) just needs the editor.

The RealOTS map editor IS sim0nes, as Dennis sent me a screenshot of it back in 2007. (sim0ne himself fixed it for Dennis)

Can't upgrade to 7.8? You clearly didn't play the later ERA of realots in 2010.

This is basically 7.8, and it's the closest replica to 7.8 considering it's using cipsofts 7.7

Would also like to mention that Dennis stated he CAN change frag rates, and basically anything he wants.

Sure, it might not be as simple as editing a config.lua but don't say it can't be done. Very ignorant.

Wrong. Iryont fixed spawn rate, Dennis fixed regeneration, map editing can be done (dagorlad was fucking HUGE) just needs the editor.

The RealOTS map editor IS sim0nes, as Dennis sent me a screenshot of it back in 2007. (sim0ne himself fixed it for Dennis)

Can't upgrade to 7.8? You clearly didn't play the later ERA of realots in 2010.

This is basically 7.8, and it's the closest replica to 7.8 considering it's using cipsofts 7.7

Would also like to mention that Dennis stated he CAN change frag rates, and basically anything he wants.

Sure, it might not be as simple as editing a config.lua but don't say it can't be done. Very ignorant.

Dude that "7.8" RealOTs just was a custom client with upgraded graphics it was never the replica to 7.8 (Liberty Bay and surroundings areas + some map changes everywhere).

lmfao and you think Dennis just freely gave ALL files even the map editor and all that stuff that could be sold and I was going to get some stuff but he wanted some cash out of it so gave it all for free to that Swedish guy? Sorry but I doubt it, he only had 3 messages when he created that thread, I wouldn't put much faith in it.

But if it is the real RealOTs which I doubt 100%, I'll use it to keep on tracking and making my server perfect, too bad it isn't the real RealOTs ;).

Also Konrad or w/e it's written as, said it was impossible to increase regeneration rates for his TibiaNic RealOTs back when he was going to launch it as some people were requesting a regeneration increase, so maybe only DENNIS knew how to disassemble the game files to change stuff, and you think he also gave all that information for free to that random Swedish guy and not to Konrad ? lol

If that Swedish guy has the files doesn't matter, we are talking about Cipsoft's 7.7 engine.

If that Swedish guy has the files doesn't matter, we are talking about Cipsoft's 7.7 engine.

I just doubt it, sorry but I do, I don't even remember if he added any new spells, new quests, or any high change that has to be done while having sources.

If you have a source containing liable information about it, please share :)
Oh and that Swedish Guy saying that Dennis gave it all for free 'cause "he saw my ambitions for this project".
That could change everything as RxRobert released all his stuff because of me, as he really wasn't going to release anything in the end, so he trusted me and my project :(

Poor guy he didn't had everything that's sad.

I know Rob didn't from the beginning. All of this is highly irrelevent though.

Was just stating Dennis can do basically everything you can do with his files.

I know Rob didn't from the beginning. All of this is highly irrelevent though.

Was just stating Dennis can do basically everything you can do with his files.

I get your point now, and you seem like a good guy. But trust me this project is unique and the best RealOTs clone ever made.
-
Update:

The floor reset system now takes 7 seconds to refresh the entire map (clean tiles & restore to the original state), pretty beast, though, it will only check for tiles on which there's been no player for at least 1 hour. Floor reset system checks every 3 hours.

While saying it will only check for tiles on which there's been no player, I mean in a player's current client view range + 4 SQMs.

How's it going? When are you going to start it?

The host should be ready before Wednesday. Once the host is ready I'll post the advertisement thread with the start up date.

Also;

Experience Rates (Thanks to Yodasoul for the feedback).

8-29 x7
30-50 x5
50-80 x4
80 - 120 x3
120 - ...... x2

In the mean while I'll add stages for skills, to allow knights and paladins have some skills to hunt and not spend hours of training when they are very low levels.

Skills will be at 3x
Magic will be at 2x
Loot will be at 2x

Regeneration rate is increased by 5
Spawns are set to 1x for the first days while testing the new spawning system to match RealOTs.

I assume you've had a beta and tested stability? Will we be dealing with random crashes, or are you confident behind your scripting..

I've been following your project and it seems like something I will have to play to bring back the nostalgic days of Tibia, I hope everything will be running smooth.

So main question, have you tested your engine in a beta to the point your confident it will handle the amount of players you will receive.. since with the amount of work you've put into this, you are basically guaranteed 80+ since everyones here to bring back the good ol' days. Hope things are good!

Make it higher rates, only low-rate i can be arsed to play is tibianic low-rate (new USA one), i'm sure lots feel the same.

8-29 x15
30-50 x7
50-80 x5
80 - 120 x3
120 - ...... x2

Last edited:
I assume you've had a beta and tested stability? Will we be dealing with random crashes, or are you confident behind your scripting..

I've been following your project and it seems like something I will have to play to bring back the nostalgic days of Tibia, I hope everything will be running smooth.

So main question, have you tested your engine in a beta to the point your confident it will handle the amount of players you will receive.. since with the amount of work you've put into this, you are basically guaranteed 80+ since everyones here to bring back the good ol' days. Hope things are good!

I'm 110% confident of my server engine and it's stability, every time I made something I did my best to test it deeply to make sure it worked great, so yes, quests are 110% sure that hold no bugs, same goes for switches and teleports.

We can only get to see a bug is in some very few NPCs that offer spells or are part of a quest (Not part of the recently made big ones; The Queen of the Banshees, The Ape City, Djinn War, and the Postman's). I tested them of course while making it, but it's been a while since I made the last NPC that offers spells, and there might be a very tiny chance that one of them has a typing typo, as we're talking about 337 NPCs made by a single person, with uncountable hours of research to hold no quests, or lore behind.

For instance some of the bugs I've found during some of the small test servers are;
  • Wyda's Door wasn't unlockable (Maybe I was in a League game when I forgot to set an action to the door to make it unlockable).
  • Access to the Forbidden Lands through the npc (The Blind Prophet) wasn't possible as there was a wrong quest value in the script.
  • "Strong" monsters were walking over fields when they weren't supposed to. (The new A.I).
  • Switching attack stance (full attack, etc...) Wasn't delaying auto attacks.
That's all I found during the last test server.

I can guarantee everybody that this server is really stable, and that it's one of the best RealOTs replicas ever made guaranteed. Of course though, it will take some months for the thing to be a 1/1 replica, as for the tiny errors that can be found.

If the host is going to be ready for Wednesday why not release it on Thursday or Friday, makes no sense for the host to be ready then wait another week just because :p

Back